Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Music (Band, DJ, Singer) ONE POST PER BAND ONLY! Read post #1 First!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭macgabhs

Anybody used a Galway band called more cowbell?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 tara98

Does anyone have details for the band 'new generation'

• Registered Users Posts: 21,244 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

If you search for them in this site, you should find their details:
    http://www.weddingbandlist.com/dublin.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭nellie07

hi my name is mark from cork i have a 3 piece band plus dj we travel the country doing weddings at recession busting prices here a link to have you an idea of what we do http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gl_kqc9QWM

regards

mark

hey mark can you send me a set list and price looking for a band for the carlton kinsale, may next year. thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 matilda22

Anyone heard of a wedding band called Blacktye?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭GeeNorm

Hey all

Looking for a band with DJ for wedding in Dun Laoghaire on 30th October. 3-5 piece with male vocals preferably. If you can recommend anyone or post link to online vid i would be much obliged. No special requirements just ability to please the crowd.

Feel free to PM me! thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭lyndak082

im looking for a wedding band for next year march 25th in tipperary. on a tight budget so will have to be reasonable.

any suggestions??:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 vthorpe

I sent you a PM
    lyndak082 wrote: »
    im looking for a wedding band for next year march 25th in tipperary. on a tight budget so will have to be reasonable.

any suggestions??:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 charkie

Hi guys, ok i know this thread has been done before, but i am finding it really daunting finding a really energetic wedding band for my wedding in Septemeber i am looking for something a bit different and not necessarily playing all the classic wedding songs, but there has to be a really god vocalist who's good fun, any recopmmendations? have tried a lot already so need a long list! its going to be in cork but i think most bands travel anyway, fingers crossed someone out there has an good idea!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

The boogie band in Cork did my wedding and they are very good.

http://www.theboogieband.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭billybunty

charkie wrote: »
    Hi guys, ok i know this thread has been done before, but i am finding it really daunting finding a really energetic wedding band for my wedding in Septemeber i am looking for something a bit different and not necessarily playing all the classic wedding songs, but there has to be a really god vocalist who's good fun, any recopmmendations? have tried a lot already so need a long list! its going to be in cork but i think most bands travel anyway, fingers crossed someone out there has an good idea!!:)

Were getting married early Sept and were having a band from Dublin Called The Scene - they played at a friends wedding a few years ago and were brilliant, went to see them in January and again, excellent and lively, so we booked them. Were getting married in Co. Waterford and they have no problem travelling - google them and you will see them. If you need a number I can give it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭elgicko

Hi All,

Looking for a good wedding band for 6th August 2010, to play in Faithlegg, Waterford.

Looking for the usual:
    * Typical wedding songs
    * Get the crowd going
    * Reasonable Price

Any suggestions or advice welcome.

Thanks in advance!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

charkie wrote: »

have you looked at beatclub? www.beatclub.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4 wife2b

Lads has anyone heard of the band Uisce Beatha / The Kilkennys playing at a wedding? Would you recommed them? Thanks in advance :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 odrisca3

Hi there

We're looking for a small (3 piece or so) trad band to play for about an hour and a half during our ceremony (we're getting married in the hotel) and during drinks afterwards before we head to dinner.

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

odrisca3 wrote: »
    Hi there

We're looking for a small (3 piece or so) trad band to play for about an hour and a half during our ceremony (we're getting married in the hotel) and during drinks afterwards before we head to dinner.

Any suggestions?

try Teach-Ui-Bhroinn, very good

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Teach-Ui-Bhroinn/102635259772574?ref=ts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 stephenmooney

odrisca3 wrote: »
    Hi there

Any suggestions?

Hi there we are a 3 piece in waterford, where are you based?

Is it backround or main music
    We play Accordion / Harp and low whistle , good varation of all types of irish style and songs, check out our webpage for general all round sample

Cheers,
    Steve http://www.myspace.com/canolamusic

Contact canolamusic@gmail.com

wife2b wrote: »
    Lads has anyone heard of the band Uisce Beatha / The Kilkennys playing at a wedding? Would you recommed them? Thanks in advance :)

well ive never seen them at a wedding but my hotel gave me a list of wedding bands and they were 3rd on the list! i thought i a bit odd coz arent they all traditional music???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Laura Ingles

GeeNorm wrote: »
    Hey all

Looking for a band with DJ for wedding in Dun Laoghaire on 30th October. 3-5 piece with male vocals preferably. If you can recommend anyone or post link to online vid i would be much obliged. No special requirements just ability to please the crowd.

Feel free to PM me! thanks
    Just PM'd you..

I do know of a really great wedding band. There called The Poorboys!! I saw them last year and I can't stop reccommending them they were fantastic! The singer got really involved with the guests played some really unusual songs for a wedding like Pearl Jam Depeche Mode and the Violent Femmes (all of whicj I really like as did the bride & Groom) they did do some classics to try to keep everyone happy.. they're website is www.thepoorboys.ie Good luck!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 belle1234

I'm looking for a band to play at my wedding on Friday 24th of September 2010 in Co. Carlow. Have tried about 5 different bands that we like but none are available so begining to panic slightly! Looking for all the usual stuff, would prefer male/female vocals but not essential and must be good craic. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Have you had any luck with your wedding band?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 belle1234

Going to see two bands next week so hopefully one of them will be what we're looking for. But I'm still open to any suggestions on a good quality band. Next time I get married I'll organise it more than 5 months in advance and I'll have my pick of bands!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Book Chick

Our band were Loose Change, they play in Gibneys in Malahide every sunday night. so you can go there and see them first.

They were totally brilliant, everyone was up dancing all night!! I am serious - the dance floor was constantly packed.

And, one of the guys did DJ after, so it was great.

Loose Change - I seriously recommend them!!

:cool::cool::cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 wexgirl7

Getting married in june 2011 in Wexford. Can anyone recommend an upbeat band that will play a good mix of old and new and keep the dancefloor full for the night :)?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SMCP2511

Hi All,
    having a nightmare wedding band just canceled for our wedding 26th June 2010!! 8 weeks time in North County Dublin

We are looking for a Swing Type Music nothing to Cheesey ( all though I'd like that)

Any suggestion please PM me/

Thanks

SMP

• Registered Users Posts: 9 tara98

wexgirl7, i would highly recommend a band called new generation.
    They play all types of songs and get the crowd going. They are a 4 peice band. My sister has them booked for her wedding in August.

PM me if you want their number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mazmore

I have priced many bands and most are quoting betweem 1100 and 1400 euro for the night. Has anyone heard of "The Gold Band"? based in cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭pad180

hi im getting married next year , but me and the wife to be want to put a bit of a
    surprise on for the guests . we were looking at booking 4 or 5 professional dancers(not irish dancers ) for a couple of songs maybe straight after the band before the dj comes on .
    does anybody know of any company or agents that deal with this sort of thing
    i live in dublin so any pointers or numbers would be great thanks

• Advertisement

google it pad i know theres a few companies in dublin cant think of the names now they do fire eaters and stuff too

Advertisement