Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My first go - title "The Madman?"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

I get giddy just thinking about Trent!! Oh to be a secretary!
    I think Trent could be made into a thrilling series á la the Ross o'Carroll Kelly books.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

ashyle wrote: »
    I think Trent could be made into a thrilling series á la the Ross o'Carroll Kelly books.

I was thinking that yesterday too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

dr gonzo wrote: »
    I am spectacularly bored tonight(Saturday and all) so i thought i'd give a Trent movie teaser poster a shot.

edit: removed quoted image

You'll have to forgive its obvious sloppiness but its a first go that i threw together and what little PS chops i had are long gone since being out of work but does it do the good man justice?

LOL at the false modesty.
    That's excellent and you know it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,262 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I've removed all the bitchy posts and also any images which were quoted, to make this a bit more readable (one quoted post was left as the poster removed the original).

Jackyback and cloneslad banned for one week for personal abuse

davyjose, Eliot Rosewater (and anyone else for that matter)- any more derailing the thread and you get the same

Rules are fairly simple - report posts you find objectionable and stay as close to on-topic as you like. Discussion of, appreciation of and disdain for 'The Madman?' are welcome, personal abuse is not.

If you wish to discuss the thread itself or anything not directly related to the story, please use the feedback thread:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055797673

edit: I see the feedback thread is currently closed. If it's not reopened and you have a genuine issue, PM me.

If you feel your post was deleted in error, please PM me and I'll undelete or move it if necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Absolutely love it! Soo many people would not get this....great to have so many like (warped minds).

Trent for me is a mix of Vinnie Jones Jason Statham Daniel Craig and Michael Marsden

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Fascinating read OP. Got it from the first post :D Just finished now. I hope the drama doesn't put you off continuing.

- Another Trent fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 I Trained Trent

We knew he was a liability. This can only end one way now, and it's not going to be pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

We knew he was a liability. This can only end one way now, and it's not going to be pretty.

He's not a liability. He is a loose cannon.

Correction he has two loose cannons:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

aaronh007 wrote: »
    He's not a liability. He is a loose cannon.

Correction he has two loose cannons:p

and they are both aimed at everyone in the room..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I love how everytime I re-read it I come across subtle little lines I didn't really notice properly before.
    "I can well remember that noise from the time I was in the army" Trent thought. No time for thinking, he thought.

Hahaha.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Mark Santos

I want to marry this story (but not the thread, the thread I would only have sex with, or shoot, i'm not sure).

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭padraiggg

didnt mean to make the forums aargue so have put the new one on a blog if you still wnat to read it then you can and you can disucss it on the website or on here. but i thought if i did it somehwre else than at leats it wont be more arguing on here

http://www.trentsadventures.com

padraiggg wrote: »
    didnt mean to make the forums aargue so have put the new one on a blog if you still wnat to read it then you can and you can disucss it on the website or on here. but i thought if i did it somehwre else than at leats it wont be more arguing on here

ah padraiggg - post here, everyone is happy in the camp now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

Just brilliant. love the blog

"trent scooped up some of the stragglers and abseiled out of the building onto a passigng lorry."

gold Padraiggg, pure gold

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Wheelkick :D

Oh that Trent fella never fails to deliver ..........sigh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Mark Santos

I'm leary of this new blog format...

But I'd follow Trent anywhere, probably right up until he shot me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

You're just the sweetest little poster here! What a thoughtful thing to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

People are making some ludicrous suggestions as to who would play Trent, I can only picture Trent as Humphrey Bogart, smooth and badass both at the same time, pure Trent!

humphrey_bogart_smoking.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

lads ive just realised this guy didnt write this story!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

mink_man wrote: »
    Why do you think that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭qt9ukbg60ivjrn

explain yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

he typed it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Such a flippant statement is likely to get one SNAPKICKED around these parts!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Think is just like Feeky all over again :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

Mmcd wrote: »
    he typed it?

tbh, anyone who sets up a website for a little story would be stupid....also this is the myspace of the guy who wrote it, yer man only tweaked it...too many quotes there that could be made up in one day.....http://www.myspace.com/trenten1234

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

Thats cause you don't write Trent. He writes you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

tbh, anyone who sets up a website for a little story would be stupid....also this is the myspace of the guy who wrote it, yer man only tweaked it...too many quotes there that could be made up in one day.....http://www.myspace.com/trenten1234
    Well, the website was set up today. If you view the site, all entries were published on the 14th of January, 2010 (ie. today) so the website is brand new anyway, whether the story is or not...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Well, the website was set up today. If you view the site, all entries were published on the 14th of January, 2010 (ie. today) so the website is brand new anyway, whether the story is or not...

And it was set-up the day paidraiggg said he'd just set up a website...So Paidraigg definitely set-up the website. I can't see anything on that guys myspace, so you're going to need more proof. (Not you Jackobyte, the skeptic)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Don't worry about the begrudgers. Everyone in this thread is going crazy for Trent so you're doing something right.

Keep it up!

PS, I'm sure some people would like to see new chapters being posted here whenever they become available....please :o.....

Advertisement