Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell & Snowfall Discussion Part 2 (Eagle says Polar Low) Wednesday/Thursday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Bad? I think I will only be satisfied when I see something like that outside my house.

Nah, I reckon we'd all be in our igloos still mulling over 850temps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

kleefarr wrote: »
    At least it's not as bad as Quebec Canada...

Snowbound.jpg?t=1262888390

Is that coleraine?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

ffarrell wrote: »
    Gerry Murphy is a B----X and just has not got a clue. Of course it will fall as snow in the East as the temperature is not supposed to get above 0 or 1 degree on Sunday never mind Sunday Evening!!! I really hate seeing him on the weather forecast...nauseating and drab.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Give the chap a break. What do ya want him to do, cartwheels across the ****in studio?? He's reporting the WEATHER ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭ffarrell

J' y ai vécu pendant un an!!! L'enneigement est incroyable!!! (I lived in French Canada for a year----Snow is amazing):D:D:D:D:D:D:D

is that the villan visiting the elderly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

well is that Villian??? baltinglas? reported the lowest!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

still sketchy at the moment. things will become clearer within the next 24 hours.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Supercell wrote: »
    Eh, have you ever walked up Kippure?, if the mast isn't on the summit then the summit cloaking device must be working well!

YES

I'll be back to settle this! The mast is not at the actual summit!

Have to go off now on foot to get an Indian (the takeaway not an actual person from that country) as they are not delivering!

-4.2c here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

Thats my wet dream from last night :)

Ill be telling work ill see them sometime in June if we got that!

I see they got the roads gritted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Nice news story from Tullow, good reporting.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

kleefarr wrote: »
    At least it's not as bad as Quebec Canada yet

Snowbound.jpg?t=1262888390

;)

ffarrell wrote: »
    J' y ai vécu pendant un an!!! L'enneigement est incroyable!!! (I lived in French Canada for a year----Snow is amazing):D:D:D:D:D:D:D

My cousin, his wife and daughter are living there now. They get proper snow over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Was that it?! :eek: The Tullow report, where was Villain informing them of the low temp he got!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Villian just been quoted again on Six One... 'temperatures dropped to -12 last night in Tullow, the lowest temperature in Ireland.'

And RTE news are down there also....

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    Villian just been quoted again on Six One... 'temperatures dropped to -12 last night in Tullow, the lowest temperature in Ireland.'

And RTE news are down there also....

-12c was recorded at an official Met Office station in Oak Park, Villain got -16.1c in Tullow on a private, yet professional station, so, maybe they dont count that?! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

YES

Have to go off now on foot to get an Indian (the takeaway not an actual person from that country) as they are not delivering!

-4.2c here.

well looking at the photo and far biet from me (I dont got spec savers here) but the mast looks to be of center to the right and not on the top.

That councillor is not covering himself in glory!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Fear Sneachta

Waaaayyy!! wrote: »
    Yup!!! just why are you discussing the weather?? It's a bit of snow! Have you NOTHING better to talk about??:)

its a weather forum and incase you haven't noticed, your also discussing the weather!!!

you would have thought this guy inn tullow would have turned his phone off! Twat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Coles

....that's a lovely view of Kippure and it's mast. The mast is near the summit. It's not at the summit.
    The mast is on the summit. It's on the summit because that is the highest point on the mountain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

snaps wrote: »
    you would have thought this guy inn tullow would have turned his phone off! Twat!

Good auld nokia, works in any temperature. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

have to love rte news, the woman reporting from carlow ends her report with pushing a car.....

now a live interview with some councillor and his phone is ringing and hes getting flustered! clearly some pals see him on tv and getting a good laugh ringin his phone!

Cionád wrote: »
    Good auld nokia, works in any temperature. :)

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

I'll say it again. The mast is not at the summit - the summit is on the Dublin/Wicklow border.

Sometimes.....you Wickla boys! If you've ever watch Dave (the TV channel), you know the guy with the big head bobbing up and down.....that's what comes to mind!!!

Most of the summit looks like it's in Wickla. I'm from Dublin 14,not Wicklow.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

Much of England is buried by nearly a foot of snow, unfortunatly im not over there im back at home as my flight was cancelled yesterday so I will be going next month instead.

Anyway I still have snow lying outside from Monday night, Looks like we'll have one more chance of snow on Sunday and early next week before this cold spell comes to an end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭paulocon

Supercell wrote: »
    Eh, have you ever walked up Kippure?, if the mast isn't on the summit then the summit cloaking device must be working well!

+1. The trig point is at the foot of the mast (outside the hideous cage) and to the best of my knowledge, marks the official summit of Kippure.

4187625720_b6de25df46.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Exactly so, there is probably some idiot though on the phone 'hey your on the telly'
    -12c was recorded at an official Met Office station in Oak Park, Villain got -16.1c in Tullow on a private, yet professional station, so, maybe they dont count that?! :o

Oh i though Oak Park recorded -8 and Villain got the -12

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Is that coleraine?

Shut up!:mad: your the most iritating winding person ive met ever......:mad:

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    Exactly so, there is probably some idiot though on the phone 'hey your on the telly'

Oh i though Oak Park recorded -8 and Villain got the -12

No, Oak Park got the -12c, I got -9.3c here in Graigue! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

YES

-4.2c here.

I dunno Doc, heres a pic i took on the road up to the summit..

101388.jpg

The mast is slight off centre, but the building is definitely on the summit.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement