Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell & Snowfall Discussion Part 2 (Eagle says Polar Low) Wednesday/Thursday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

thomasj wrote: »
    nah im nearly sick of it now. Have seen it every day at home [dublin 15] since new years day. Got too much of it out my way yesterday and chaos out in blanchardstown.

Not to mention the amount of times ive fallen ! Interesting though, leaving the house this morning the snow didnt freeze over there was a big enough layer of it on the ground

Amateur.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

Villian is going to be on the 6 one news!?

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Snowaddict

Gerry Murphy just warning of a potential event later in the weekend, saying it's even likely, almost latest UKMO Precip charts support this, with more prolonged outbreaks of snow quite possibly spreading up from the south on Sunday..

Very interesting..

SA :)

DOCARCH wrote: »
    I'll say it again. The mast is not at the summit - the summit is on the Dublin/Wicklow border.

Sometimes.....you Wickla boys! If you've ever watch Dave (the TV channel), you know the guy with the big head bobbing up and down.....that's what comes to mind!!!
    specsavers anyone... :D

800px-KippurePoor5179w.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

WOOHOO Gerry's the man,alot of precip for sun and mon,there coming back to talk about tullow being coldest last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Current indications suggest mixing issues, in other words, the idea of precip moving in on gusty E to SE winds seems "on" but type of precip??? Could be dealing with snowfall above a certain elevation so that it would be rain or drizzle at sea level, sleet above that and snow above that. Might work out for some but not all to see snowfall. Temps during event could be around +4 at sea level, this is the main concern I have on the current maps.

There is time for this to change, in technical terms what we are looking for is a lower thickness value during the proposed snowfall event, today's values rise from about 525 to 530 dm during the event and it would be better to see them closer to 520 dm.

true. he didn't specify snow showers- he just said showers. surely if the showers do make it well inland, the snowfields, and the cold air already well established over us, would ensure snow for some at lower levels inland??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Go on Gerry , did you see them Charts wooooooo,

Haha, yeah seen him, boys he was sweating it!! 'There might be a chance of more significant hail, shhleet and snow showers on Sunday night into Monday'.......:p

Theres a report from Tullow too, Irelands coldest area!! ;) Thats true, they are pretty cold and cruel over that way alright!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Waaaayyy!!

There's been over 1000 posts, hardly a waste of time!! BTW.. did u go through the bother of registering just to say that?? :confused:

Yup!!! just why are you discussing the weather?? It's a bit of snow! Have you NOTHING better to talk about??:)

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭linguist

Gerry Murphy just on Six One a moment ago...reckons significant 'wintry precipatation' for the east on Sunday night. Curiously, he used the old formula 'rain, sleet or snow' for what the east could see in general over the next few days. It's surely too cold for rain?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

RTE News just showed precipitation charts for Sunday/Monday. East and South under constant precipitation for +48 hours. If that falls as snow, we are screwed.

• Advertisement

Did I miss it? Talking about trade now?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Supercell wrote: »
    Amateur.

Fair Weather Footballler , on your Bike :p

Im having a laugh, before anyone gets all high and mighty on me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

I'll say it again. The mast is not at the summit - the summit is on the Dublin/Wicklow border.

Sometimes.....you Wickla boys! If you've ever watch Dave (the TV channel), you know the guy with the big head bobbing up and down.....that's what comes to mind!!!

But it's no hen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

true. he didn't specify snow showers- he just said showers. still surely if the showers do make it well inland the snowfields and cold air already well established would ensure snow for some at lower levels inland??

I heard him say "hail and snow" moving inland during Sunday on the 17:55 forecast:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Waaaayyy!! wrote: »
    Yup!!! just why are you discussing the weather?? It's a bit of snow! Have you NOTHING better to talk about??:)

I'm getting the distinct smell of a troll here.:mad:

Supercell wrote: »
    Did I miss it? Talking about trade now?

you missed Gerry Murphy, they're coming back for the report from Tullow :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Well your here watching it , so you must not have anything better to look at :p

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

specsavers anyone... :D

800px-KippurePoor5179w.jpg

Your fuppin winding me up now! Yes that's a lovely view of Kippure and it's mast. The mast is near the summit. It's not at the summit.

Jeez - what a snow lull! Please, more snow please to make the stupidity go away. :D

Yeah seriously, where are the mods? Ban the ignorant pr1ck

Our man Villain is becoming quite the celebrity, radio show yesterday and I saw his station mentioned on the irish Times website today too.

• Advertisement

linguist wrote: »
    Gerry Murphy just on Six One a moment ago...reckons significant 'wintry precipatation' for the east on Sunday night. Curiously, he used the old formula 'rain, sleet or snow' for what the east could see in general over the next few days. It's surely too cold for rain?

It's RTE speak for "we haven't got a ****in CLUE what's going to happen"!!!??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Waaaayyy!!

No need to be getting so aggressive!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

At least it's not as bad as Quebec Canada...

Snowbound.jpg?t=1262888390

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Gerry Murphy on the news said showers in the east likely tomorrow and Saturday and then from Sunday a risk of significant prolonged snow, they showed animated precip charts for about 48 hours and there was constant precip. If that all fell as snow it could get scary.

Also we will run out of grit after the weekend and no new grit for 7 to 10 days as we cant buy any more from UK cause they need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

RTE News just showed precipitation charts for Sunday/Monday. East and South under constant precipitation for +48 hours. If that falls as snow, we are screwed.

I know isn't it great! Looks like sky news are right...!:D

No need to be getting so aggressive!! :D

I'm not being aggressive. Just stating what I think you're playing at.

Your fuppin winding me up now! Yes that's a lovely view of Kippure and it's mast. The mast is near the summit. It's not at the summit.

Jeez - what a snow lull! Please, more snow please to make the stupidity go away. :D

Eh, have you ever walked up Kippure?, if the mast isn't on the summit then the summit cloaking device must be working well!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

kleefarr wrote: »
    At least is not as bad as Quebec Canada...

Bad? I think I will only be satisfied when I see something like that outside my house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭ffarrell

Gerry Murphy is a B----X and just has not got a clue. Of course it will fall as snow in the East as the temperature is not supposed to get above 0 or 1 degree on Sunday never mind Sunday Evening!!! I really hate seeing him on the weather forecast...nauseating and drab.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

kleefarr wrote: »
    At least it's not as bad as Quebec Canada...

Snowbound.jpg?t=1262888390

Thats my wet dream from last night :)

Ill be telling work ill see them sometime in June if we got that!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement