Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC world championship 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

istabraq wrote: »
    Taylor to win 7-0 @ 5-1 easy money get on.

Easy money to throw away I reckon!

Here's my final picks

I think (unlike most people) that the pressure will get to Whitlock tonight. Its his 1st PDC world championships, he's in the final and he's playing the BEST thrower EVER. How could he not be nerous? If he gets a couple of legs in first set or gets a set early on it could settle him down. If Taylor gets 2-0,3-0 ahead ya might aswell turn over biggrin.gif

Whitlock highest checkout at 11/8, Taylor 12 or more 180's at 4/5 and Taylor -4.5(sets) handicap at 10/11.

Taylor threw 10 180s last night against Webster and that was in 6 sets, tonight is 1st to 7 and I fancy Whitlock to win a couple of sets. Which leads onto the handicap, Whitlock is more than capable of winning 3 sets even if they are on his own throw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Player Averages

Taylor over 105.5 [URL="javascript:void(0)"]4/5 [/URL]Taylor under 105.5 [URL="javascript:void(0)"]10/11 [/URL]Whitlock over 99.5 [URL="javascript:void(0)"]8/11 [/URL]Whitlock under 99.5 [URL="javascript:void(0)"]evens [/URL]
    This is an interesting market from paddy power.

Im thinking the whitlock 1/1 under 99.5 could be the bet of the year.
    To have a 3 dart average of over 99.5 he will have to keep with taylor for the whole match .
    Im thinking of doing a big bet on it.
    any1 else agree?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

That could go either way IMO. Against Wade he must have been couple of points above 100, but last night against Barney think it was below 100.

It all depends how he handles the pressure. He certainly looked a bit ropey at times last night, maybe the pressure of semi final got to him, maybe it was the pressure of playing Barney.....maybe he just wasn't on fire like he has been.

I went for it anyway.

My thinking is usually taylor puts so much pressure on players start hiting the 5 or the 1.

Also did taylor 4.5 on the handicap again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

robbie1977 wrote: »
    I went for it anyway.

My thinking is usually taylor puts so much pressure on players start hiting the 5 or the 1.

Also did taylor 4.5 on the handicap again.

The only problem is that if Taylor plays fantastically well then Whitlock could still average over 100 because he simply wouldn't be getting shots at doubles which would bring his average down. Have seen it happen plenty of times in the past where a player could be absolutely whitewashed by Taylor and still average in the mid to high 90s.... Hell, Barney averaged 101 last year and was thrashed 7-1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,607 ✭✭✭✭briany

What a fairy tale it would be to see Whitlock beat Taylor! Sadly matches like these have a sad air of inevitability about them, it's pretty much a case of if Whitlock cannot win the first set them you almost may as well change the channel there and then. I wonder is that why the PDC are putting on this extra playoff to give a bit of beef to the schedule in what is likely to be a much tighter game?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

briany wrote: »
    What a fairy tale it would be to see Whitlock beat Taylor! Sadly matches like these have a sad air of inevitability about them, it's pretty much a case of if Whitlock cannot win the first set them you almost may as well change the channel there and then. I wonder is that why the PDC are putting on this extra playoff to give a bit of beef to the schedule in what is likely to be a much tighter game?

Remember Taylor was 3-0 up against Barney in the final three years ago!

Degag wrote: »
    Remember Taylor was 3-0 up against Barney in the final three years ago!
    Oh, I remember it all too well but in the last ten years or so it's only happened once with Taylor in the final so I really cannot see it happen again even though I would love to be proven wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

anyone got an online link to watch?

anyone got an online link to watch?

http://atdhe.net/index.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Taylor will win 7-1.

He's a machine.

Is Sylvie in the crowd? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I'm delighted to see Whitlock in the final...but I could easily see Taylor winning 7-0 here. If I was a betting man, I'd say 7-1.

If I was Whitlock, my strategy would be to write winning the final off in my head. Assume Taylor's going to go out there and hit 9-darter's in every leg...because he won't be far off. Then just worry about playing his own game. Set a goal to get his highest ever average and take things one leg at a time. If he plays that way and doesn't try to 'beat' Taylor...you never know.

It was interesting in his post-match interview last night, Taylor had a Freudian slip where he said that he tried to make players lose confidence. He quickly corrected himself...but I thought it was fantastic to hear him admit. You hear every other player and pundit saying 'Don't play the player. Play the board.' Whereas the best ever advises the opposite.

Now that he's accidentally played his hand, players should know that trying to PLAY Taylor actually plays right into his gameplan....which we see in almost EVERY game he's involved in. It could lead to some problems for him down the line. I hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭The Al Lad

Whats everyone going for ???

I've a fiver on Taylor 7/1 and 7/2 thinking of either 7/0 or 7/3 aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

7-4 to Taylor. Hope i'm wrong though

C'mon on Whitlock!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEakExpOiS0

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

3rd place playoff = pointless. still a decent game.

fair play to Webster really come back from a shocking year to do well at the grandslam and great here. I for one had written him off. Well done to him and i hope he goes on to threaten the top 16.

If it wasn't for Whitlock i think we'd of seen him in the premier league. As there's no way hearn can overlook Whitlock now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

glad barney didnt make the final...i think whitlock will give taylor a better game...barney just doesnt seem to be all there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

You know when the camera shows the womenfolk, who is the younger of the King women his wife of his daughter?.
    Devastator wrote: »
    From memory I've no idea of any women being shown supporting King :D

My fault i meant Hankey in the BDO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭butter13222

cum on whithlock

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Can't see anything other than a Taylor win:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

cum on whithlock
    Jesus!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

What's the attendance there lads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

tAYLOR doubles look dodgy ..cmon the wizard , he needs to win first set!

Taylor has started every leg so far with 180

TASTY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Nice check out there. 170 against the darts for Whitlock

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Good markets in running on betfair for this.

whitlock dart for 2nd set..he gotta be gettin it to have any chance..2-0 on the way to taylor !

Yessss!!! One set all. C'mon!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Get in there 1-1...taylor having problems hitting the doubles tonight and he still up around the 108 average !

Advertisement