Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC world championship 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭damo180

I heard Harrington say there is a new batch of players coming through and the ones around for a while have gone stale.
    Couldnt agree more.

Great to see
    Whitlock
    Webster
    Anderson
    Nicholson coming through.

Who are the stale players.
    Part
    Mardle
    Jenkins ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

damo180 wrote: »
    Who are the stale players.?

Ronnie Baxter.. His track record of soiling himself is just too much for him to be considered a threat in the game anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Part
    Mardle
    Jenkins ?

I would'nt put jenkins in the list.
    I'd add manley -dudbridge-baxter-painter.

As for todays gambling taylor -4.5 sets is 8/11 and whitlock is 4/6 to win.
    l am thinking of doing the double .

Any1 else doing any bets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

robbie1977 wrote: »

l cant see webster winning 3 sets against taylor and if whitlock keeps throwing like he has he should beat barnie.

That double sounds like a good investment. Whitlock should beat Barney tonight barring a major collapse in form by the Aussie. I'm delighted to see Mark Webster reaching the semis but that's as good as it's going to get for him probably! Mark will do well to win a set against Taylor. I was very disappointed with Baxter last night,it seemed as though he was happy to get that far and that reaching the Premier League was his main aim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭CORRO77

I heard Harrington say there is a new batch of players coming through and the ones around for a while have gone stale.
    Couldnt agree more.

Great to see
    Whitlock
    Webster
    Anderson
    Nicholson coming through.

Part
    Mardle
    Jenkins ?[/quote

I wouldnt put anderson in there just yet until he proves he has the bottle , you can have all the talent you like but if you have no bottle forget it the biggest choker in the pdc with the greatest talent but yet to show it on the big stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

l cant see webster winning 3 sets against taylor and if whitlock keeps throwing like he has he should beat barnie.

Doesn't Taylor -4.5 sets mean that he would have to win either 6 - 0 or 6 - 1 for you to win your bet?

Sorry, i'm not very good at these types of bets...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Degag wrote: »
    Doesn't Taylor -4.5 sets mean that he would have to win either 6 - 0 or 6 - 1 for you to win your bet?

nothing to be sorry about, your correct :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Yea your right l knew it looked too good to be true.
    l'l edit other post now hope no one did it on my advice thinking webster had to win 3 sets.

My bets for tonight are the above whitlock and taylor -4.5 double.

I also did whitlock most 180's in a double with checkout over 129.5 in the taylor match.

also a sneeky tener on whitlock 6-0 at 28/1.(unlikley but at that price if whitlock goes 3-0 up barnie might start sulking)
    heres hoping barnies blood sugar is low tonight :eek:

Yea your right l knew it looked too good to be true.
    l'l edit other post now hope no one did it on my advice thinking webster had to win 3 sets.

My bets for tonight are the above whitlock and taylor -4.5 double.

I also did whitlock most 180's in a double with checkout over 129.5 in the taylor match.

also a sneeky tener on whitlock 6-0 at 28/1.(unlikley but at that price if whitlock goes 3-0 up barnie might start sulking)
    heres hoping barnies blood sugar is low tonight :eek:

I still think its a good bet though. Think Taylor will beat him 6-0. Did a double with there being under 16.5 180's in the Taylor match and over 21.5 180's in the Barney match. Also backed Taylor to win by 6-0 and Whitlock 6-4 but not in a double, which i should have done.... I also backed Whitlock before the tournament, so my €2 e/w bet returns at least €68 (i think. half the odds in darts?) if he beats Barney tonight.

Also had a cheeky fiver on Taylor to hit a nine darter at 10/1:D;)

• Advertisement

I still think its a good bet though. Think Taylor will beat him 6-0. Did a double with there being under 16.5 180's in the Taylor match and over 21.5 180's in the Barney match. Also backed Taylor to win by 6-0 and Whitlock 6-4 but not in a double, which i should have done.... I also backed Whitlock before the tournament, so my €2 e/w bet returns at least €68 (i think. half the odds in darts?) if he beats Barney tonight.

I looked at the bets, but again due to Barney being unstable(mentally) he might not turn up with any more than 4/5 180s which means Whitlock needs to hit plenty again. I stayed away from total 180s because of this.

After last night I'll probably avoid that high checkout bet aswell.

I'm on Whitlock 13 or more 180s at 10/11 tonight, depends how that turns out if I'm betting on Taylor game or not :D

Was your whitlock bet €2 or €4 total?

Devastator wrote: »
    I looked at the bets, but again due to Barney being unstable(mentally) he might not turn up with any more than 4/5 180s which means Whitlock needs to hit plenty again. I stayed away from total 180s because of this.

After last night I'll probably avoid that high checkout bet aswell.

I'm on Whitlock 13 or more 180s at 10/11 tonight, depends how that turns out if I'm betting on Taylor game or not :D

Was your whitlock bet €2 or €4 total?

€4

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

That blond with the gloves has an awesome rack. This game should be close. I fancy Whitlock to continue his sensational form.

€4

yeah think you were right then, due €68 if Whitlock's a beaten finalist.

2 180's for Whitlock.....C'MON!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Barney has a real fight on his hands here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

whitlock seems to have completely lost it:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,716 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

dotsflan wrote: »
    whitlock seems to have completely lost it:eek:

He was very poor for 4-5 legs there but he seems back to normal now.. Huge leg now at 2-2 in the 3rd set

Edit: 2-1 to Whitlock now, could be a classic

yep he seems back to his best now!! i thought he was beginning to bottle it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭shockframe

back to 2-2.all to play for ger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭shockframe

great fightback by barney.4-2 now

• Advertisement

whitlock looks tired now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

I see Whitlock wears his watch on his throwing arm, I'd find that off putting

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Come on Whitlock! 4-4 now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭butter13222

whitlock doesnt look too tired now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

JokerD wrote: »
    I see Whitlock wears his watch on his throwing arm, I'd find that off putting

Thats nothing, did you see Hankey today, a big fat loose gold wrist bracelet on his throwing arm!.

whitlock doesnt look too tired now

ha ha no he doesnt!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Thats nothing, did you see Hankey today, a big fat loose gold wrist bracelet on his throwing arm!.

yea:D, it would be in my head if i lost my usual watch and my arm felt a different weight with another one. Probably just me though

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

5-4 to Whitlock, brilliant stuff there. 124 and 141 checkouts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭501darts

Whitlock is one gritty fecker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Great game here, come on whitlock

Advertisement