Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC world championship 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

leggo wrote: »
    Balls.

:rolleyes:

don't know why I bother to answer

anyway, tonights double :- 12 or under 180s in Barney/Baxter & 133 or over checkout in Taylor/Lewis

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Devastator wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

don't know why I bother to answer

anyway, tonights double :- 12 or under 180s in Barney/Baxter & 133 or over checkout in Taylor/Lewis

I think that he was saying balls that he didn't back Whitlock and not that he didn't believe you!

Anyhow Whitlock wouldn't have been allowed mention his sponsors, i imagine Dave Clark was shaking his head like crazy while he was off screen!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭shockframe

was delighted for whitlock.great player and on that form would beat taylor.

as regards him naming sponsorships it was skys own fault for making such a big deal out of it.every time he threw a good dart it was all "he can now move over to england with sponsors queing up to represent him"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

I thought it was 12.5?. I was thinking of taking a contrarian view on this and think they could easily go over. Ok Barney has been generally underperforming in the 180's so far and for the last while but Baxter is always going to punch in at least 5. Barney should be more relaxed tonight against a pleasant opponent and because this match is likely to go at least 8 sets means getting 13 is more than doable even if both arent firing on all cylinders.

The most intriguing market tonite in my view is the 180's in the Taylor Lewis match. On all form Lewis should spank Taylor on the 180's but usually when Taylor gets on top and starts to crush then Lewis's spirit and will seems to wane and the 180's dry up so there could be money to be made backing Taylor in the 180's at around 6/4. The fact Taylor is chasing 9 darters this weather means he is definately going after the 180's and not going down to treble 19 as much these days. That said i probably cant take myself to back Taylor on the 180's but only to say Lewis isnt the walk in the park on the 180's some might think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Great result for Whitlock today and a brilliant 105.37 average,this man will take some stopping! I backed him in a double with Baxter,here's hoping Baxter does the biz tonight and make me a few euros! Well done to Webster,a great result which i think puts him into the top 32 in the PDC order of merit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

Delighted for Whitlock. Can't really believe how much he has improved since moving to the PDC. To be honest I never really thought much of him when he played in the BDO. He has certainly proved me wrong. Wade was fairly rattled in the last leg. 'The Machine'?......my ar*e! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

I thought it was 12.5?. I was thinking of taking a contrarian view on this and think they could easily go over. Ok Barney has been generally underperforming in the 180's so far and for the last while but Baxter is always going to punch in at least 5. Barney should be more relaxed tonight against a pleasant opponent and because this match is likely to go at least 8 sets means getting 13 is more than doable even if both arent firing on all cylinders.

Bet was under 12.5 yeah.....so thats same as 12 or under :D

Due to Barney's inconsistancy you could make an arguement for nearly every market going either way. I can see him crumbling at some stage tonight....hope so anyway!

C'MON RONNIE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Bet was under 12.5 yeah.....so thats same as 12 or under :D

Oh yeah!
    Anyway looking good witha set gone and no 180's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭damo180

well wade will certainly make no money in exhibitions etc, no personality whatsoever. even though the likes of webster may be quiet, they show a bit of dignity.... delighted for whitlock

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Good god baxter was rubbish there.

lets hope the taylor match lives up to the hype tho it cant any worse than that match there.

whitlock will fancy his chances against barnie.

• Advertisement

ah well another player falls to pieces against barney.

taylor and lewis now.the end of 1246 or so adverts for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Lewis needs to break in the 1st leg here or he could well be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

it's all over, taylor is just going to maul him now:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,625 ✭✭✭✭briany

Well we all knew it was going to be like this deep down. After all that buildup, in the cold light of day, Lewis just ain't good enough tonight and that is something considering he's got a 104 average it's just he's playing a 111 average or so! Also thought Barney played quite well tonight, probably wouldn't beat Taylor though should he get to the final. I don't think there is anyone who can beat Taylor when he is in this kind of form, it is just impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Lewis started off well but he is really been thought a thing or two by the master now.

4 - 0

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

As soon as Taylor's first dart started going in the treble it was all over. Brilliant day of darts.

a masterclass from taylor.simon whorolleyes.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Bigal87

Great day of darts. Taylor v Lewis wasn't worth all the hype.
    It was great to watch the master at work though.
    It also shows the 3-dart averages aren't everything, just look at Van Barneveld.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

ah the 3 dart average only showed that barneveld had a favourable draw and nothing more

had barney met lewis, it would be lewis in the semi final. that i can guaruntee you

lewis didnt deserve 5-0, and could so easily have nicked the winning leg at important times, he's learning though, he's only gonna get better

• Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Taylor was just unstoppable tonight.

I fancy Whitlock to beat Barney tomorrow night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

i wont disagree with that, barney out of sorted, not been over 100 avg all tournament and whitlock is white hot and confident

i may have a bit of a bet on that

but only if stompe isnt allowed coach barney, last time he did he hit a 9 darter :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

your all being very unfair to Barney here, he has only dropped one set, he has done all he needed to. He has the 100+ average there when he needs it, and he will beat Whitlock tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

whos in the top 6 now, for the prem league, have baxter and lewis earned enough money with there QF runs to get into the top 6 above King & Jenkins ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,464 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Taylor vs Whitlock final plzzzz

1 TAYLOR, Phil England £884,942
    2 BARNEVELD, R V Holland £245,079 +
    3 WADE, James England £240,975 + £30,000 = £270,975
    4 PART, John Canada £177,611 + £10,000 = £187,611
    5 JENKINS, Terry England £165,578 + £15,000 = £180,578
    6 BAXTER, Ronnie England £150,513 + £30,000 = £180,513

7 LEWIS, Adrian England £147,429 + £30,000 = £177,429
    8 KING, Mervyn England £159,579 + £10,000 = £169,579

Just worked it out,id say Withlock is a sure bet for the wild card with Lewis, Anderson and maybe Webster for the other spot. Prob will be Withlock & Lewis as wildcards.
    The only way Webster or Withlock would qualify automaticlly if they win the World Championships.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

The Bull wrote: »
    whos in the top 6 now, for the prem league, have baxter and lewis earned enough money with there QF runs to get into the top 6 above King & Jenkins ?
    The current top 6 after today's quarter finals are Taylor,Barneveld,Wade,Jenkins,King and Baxter. These players have qualified for the Premier League but Baxter could lose out if Webster or Whitlock win the World title.

dartbhoy wrote: »
    The current top 6 after today's quarter finals are Taylor,Barneveld,Wade,Jenkins,King and Baxter. These players have qualified for the Premier League but Baxter could lose out if Webster or Whitlock win the World title.

lets cheer them 2 on so.if baxter is involved it will be a disaster.he isnt good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I have been impressed with Whitlock and looks like player who has the temper to make it matter when its needed most.

Tomorrow night will tell a lot im sure of that.

dartbhoy wrote: »

What about Part ? he was ahead of king on the order of merit comin to the tournament and they both went out in round 2

• Advertisement

The Bull wrote: »
    What about Part ? he was ahead of king on the order of merit comin to the tournament and they both went out in round 2

part will slip down the oom because his prize money from winning the 2008 world title doesnt count.i admire him for winning 3 world titles but on current form he is barely in the top 32 id say.he was in it twice before and achieved nothing.

id go for anderson and whitlock personally but uncle barry will probably have other ideas.

Advertisement