Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC world championship 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I think Barney's experience comes through and he wins the decider!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

What a game!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Taxi for Barney!!!!!

Awesome, Wales v Australia final :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Delighted for Whitlock.

He really deserved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Whitlock 6-5, what a game. Delighted for him even though I'm a Barney fan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭501darts

absolutely delighted ... my match of the tournament

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Amazing match! Good stuff from Whitlock and Barney.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

I still dont give Whitlock a chance in hell of beating Taylor if Taylor keeps up his performances. The guy is unbeatable at present to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Devastator wrote: »
    I'm on Whitlock 13 or more 180s at 10/11 tonight, depends how that turns out if I'm betting on Taylor game or not :D

13 Whitlock 180's :eek::p scraped that one. 16 or less 180s in Taylor game now.
    JokerD wrote: »
    I see Whitlock wears his watch on his throwing arm, I'd find that off putting

Maybe you should start and you'll get to world final!
    Thats nothing, did you see Hankey today, a big fat loose gold wrist bracelet on his throwing arm!.

Merv King has a dirty chavy gold braclet on his throwing arm aswell. When he throws it slides up around his wrist.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Devastator wrote: »
    Merv King has a dirty chavy gold braclet on his throwing arm aswell. When he throws it slides up around his wrist.

You know when the camera shows the womenfolk, who is the younger of the King women his wife of his daughter?.

And who was the guy with the black hair the camera was panning to that was rooting for Whitlock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

redout wrote: »
    I still dont give Whitlock a chance in hell of beating Taylor if Taylor keeps up his performances. The guy is unbeatable at present to be honest.

That's because Whitlock won't be playin Taylor in the Final ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

sid's revving up nicely:p:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

You know when the camera shows the womenfolk, who is the younger of the King women his wife of his daughter?.

And who was the guy with the black hair the camera was panning to that was rooting for Whitlock?

From memory I've no idea of any women being shown supporting King :D

Thats Bob Anderson! :eek:

Webster looks a beaten man already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭spongeman

Whitlock will put it up to Taylor tomorrow, he wont be afraid of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

Looks like taylors going to win easily. He wont have it all his own way tommorrow night. I think it will be a better final now that it wont be barney v taylor

Well that was one way traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Absolutely delighted for Simon Whitlock. I have to say, he has really made this tournament for me. It's been a pleasure watching him take out these high scores.

I'm going for 7-4 Taylor tomorrow, but the Wizard really can do it and i hope so much he does.

Bring it on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

I haven't done too bad. Backed total 180s in both matches and won €32 and backed Taylor to win 6-0 and won €30. Have at least €68 more in the bank since Whitlock got to the final too.

A small part of me thinks that Whitlock could really challenge Taylor tomorrow but i think he'll lose 7 - 2 or 7 - 3. It's possible that we could see another 7-6 classic like Taylor vs Part/ Painter/ Barney

Taylor is just too good these days, Whitlock will have to play at his best and Taylor below his to make it an even contest.

Whitlock will make a better contest of it than Barney would have. There's somethimg not right about Barney this year.

But the focus on Whitlock's face, in his eyes, whenever he plays, it's incredible

• Advertisement

Is Simon Whitlock gay?? Everytime he throws good darts, they focus on some bloke in the crowd. A lot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭sc86

monkey9 wrote: »
    Is Simon Whitlock gay?? Everytime he throws good darts, they focus on some bloke in the crowd. A lot!!

ye i thought that aswell, it refered to him as whitlocks partner, hes a class player but does come accross a bit odd

that must be a 1st, a gay dartsplayer?

delighted for whitlock, i hope he gives taylor a game, at least he wont be a beaten man be4 the game starts like barny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

haha I had a feeling people would think that! the bloke in the crowd is his manager whose been working around the clock securing him sponsorship and the like, his wife and kids are back in OZ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Great semi final last night between Whitlock and Barney. Even though Taylor has been pulverising everyone in sight all the week i reckon Whitlock will give him a tough game and win a few sets off him but i still think Taylor will win 7-3. Hope i'm wrong though and the Ozzie pulls off a famous win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

I really hope Whitlock really does put it up to Taylor tonight, for two reasons, I'd love to see another great darts final and Second if Whitlock plays out of his skin then Taylor could up it to heights never before seen. I think were all in agreement Taylor is better than ever these days.

The problem is Whitlock is going to have to take out a lot, and I mean a lot of three figure finishes to be even remotely competitive. If He doesn't win one of te first two sets he will get annihilated. And the way Taylors mind works he will see SW as a threat because he is getting so much press so Phil will want to destroy him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

He's not ****in gay...... camera man might be though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭istabraq

Taylor to win 7-0 @ 5-1 easy money get on.

istabraq wrote: »
    Taylor to win 7-0 @ 5-1 easy money get on.

I wouldn't take that all. I certainly think Whitlock will win a few sets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

whitlock is a enormously talented player, also is has a cool like able way about him.
    very respectful to the fans and other players.

we all want to see a battle ,he will have to dig deep to beat the power

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Taylor winning 7-0 is not beyond the realms of possibility but i think/hope Whitlock will win a few sets... backed a 7-3 Taylor win.

Advertisement