Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't find the 3Gs anywhere..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

There is a great topic after being raised over on the o2.ie forum.

http://forums.o2online.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=4865

In my opinion, this is the sort of thread that needs to be appearing on the o2 forum as it is comments like this from o2 customers that will eventually make o2 stand up and take notice.

if you have an official forum login and agree with this post please support the original poster "Villain" (i would but don't have a login)
    Thanks Cleo, I know it's not all O2's fault but the lack of communication is shocking and just because Vodafone would be as bad doesn't
    t excuse O2

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Maldini2706

I ordered mine off the o2 website on Friday morning and I'm porting over from Vodafone. Will they send me out a new sim card? Do I need to do anything else to complete the porting over process?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Was talking to an old school friend who I didn't know was working for O2, but he reckons that Carphone Warehouse are getting on 50% to 60% more stock than O2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I'd guess that O2 & CPW are getting their stock from the UK market - they are making sure that the UK shops are fully supplied & Ireland get the left overs - I'd also be willing to bet that the white models are more popular there - hence, none available here.

As I said, ordered it on Friday morning, but o2 are now saying "your order has been received" and will be sent within 3 days of being accepted. It's coming up as "pending" on the order tracker page! What's the point of taking orders if they don't have the stock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭bazzjazz

Carphone Warehouse in Crumlin have some in stock today. Just bought a 16 gb one today there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭scolari-ire

So all the 32's are gone again.

I emailed O2 on the 17th asking when the stock was in, they emailed me back today saying they were in on the 17th ha ha.

Crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

I have a couple of questions which hopefully somebody can help me with:

1. If I order a bill Iphone 32 on the O2 website how long does it usually take to arrive?
    2. I currently have a Vodafone bill phone. How do I port my number if I order online off the O2 website?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Apple can't make enough 3GS iPhones to meet demand:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/07/21/iphone_3gs_shortages/

& they have only been released in 18 of 80 countries...

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭SpongeBob2000

I so so want one 3gs. Can't find anywhere. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I seem to remember o2 saying that unlike 2G and 3G releases, there would be no shortage of 3GS stock. hmmm.

ElNino wrote: »

1. If I order a bill Iphone 32 on the O2 website how long does it usually take to arrive?
    2. I currently have a Vodafone bill phone. How do I port my number if I order online off the O2 website?

I like to know how you can do this aswell. Thinking about ordering online and just waiting instead of trying to find a shop with one.

Can anyone answer ElNino?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭iggy82

ElNino wrote: »

I odered mine online 2 weeks ago and it arrived very quickly-was with me the day after I ordered it.

Porting my number has been a disaster though and 2 weeks later o2 are saying it will take another 24 hours which i have heard so many times at this stage. I also get the feeling that if I do not keep phoning them nothing will be done even though my case is meant to be priority 1 nothing has been done on it since yesterday afternoon. Also they will not commit to phoning you back as they say they cannot make out going calls.

o2 Customer care are terrible-the people you talk to are nice and friendly and sympatise but then nothing seems to be done. I have 2 numbers at the moment my Metoer one which I want to port and an o2 one which was meant to be temporary.

I'm on the verge of phoning my CC company and telling them to reverse the transactions to o2-service is awful if anything goes wrong.

One the plus side though the phone is great!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭vinnycoyne

iggy82 wrote: »
    Also they will not commit to phoning you back as they say they cannot make out going calls.

From a mobile provider?? That's nuts.

betafrog wrote: »
    The main bottleneck in getting your number ported is the fact it's a Meteor no. They are dreadful for releasing numbers and when I worked in a phone shop we would always dread having to port Meteor numbers (of which there was a sharp increase after Eircom took over)

I asked them all along was it a problem with Meteor and they said no-that was until today when they said it was but i think they might be lying. All along they said there was a problem in their internal systems and tech dept were looking into it. As i said i kept getting told that the issue was being escalated. Now i'm at the top apparently and they still seem to be doing nothing about it.

I know someone else phoned yesterday at 1800 to move from meteor to o2 and by 9am it was all done.

As i said i think they are fine if you have no problems but they are seriously sh1t if you have any trouble

From a mobile provider?? That's nuts.

thats what i thought but would not trust them to follow it up so them not phoning me back is not a big issue as i think i'll have to keep hassling them otherwise i can't see them doing anything

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭maninblack

It's next to impossible to get hands on a 3gs at d moment it seems. I keep ringing up the carphone warehouse from work every morning and get told the same thing.

"no stock at all in ireland, dont know when next stock is in... ring back in few days"

So much for a recession and people minding their wallets. Cannot believe the demand for such a luxury item in these current times, its pretty astounding! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Is it demand or just f*ck all supply?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Picked a 32gb one up from ebay, it came to €608 (including shipping), so I even saved a euro over the Irish PAYG price, lol!

Cant order the 32gb online anymore, the web site has been updated to say out of stock, but you can still order the 16gb.

• Advertisement

Well my iphone arrived but the gob****es have sent me a new sim instead of porting my number over. They're all gone home in customer service as well so I can't sort it out. Going away for a week now. Had hoped to have the phone on my travels but some moron who can't read put a stop to that!

Well my iphone arrived but the gob****es have sent me a new sim instead of porting my number over. They're all gone home in customer service as well so I can't sort it out. Going away for a week now. Had hoped to have the phone on my travels but some moron who can't read put a stop to that!

Sickener !!!

I presume you old phone is still working?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Jailbreak it, unlock it and put in your existing sim, you can port your number over to o2 at later stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

even if you are porting your number, they will still send you a new sim which will also have a new number attached to it. Then in x amount of hours, your old sim with your current number will stop working, at which point your current number will have been transferred to your new o2 sim....all may still be well...

Just gonna go with the new number I think, might port the number over later.

iggy82 wrote: »
    I asked them all along was it a problem with Meteor and they said no-that was until today when they said it was but i think they might be lying. All along they said there was a problem in their internal systems and tech dept were looking into it. As i said i kept getting told that the issue was being escalated. Now i'm at the top apparently and they still seem to be doing nothing about it.

I know someone else phoned yesterday at 1800 to move from meteor to o2 and by 9am it was all done.

As i said i think they are fine if you have no problems but they are seriously sh1t if you have any trouble

Still waiting on my port 2 weeks later and all they say is we will try again with still no offer of a call back to update me

Just ordered my 32 gb online. Have ticked the part were they ask do you want to port your number.

Let see if they do it and how longit takes.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭maninblack

ah theyre back online! i ordered myself a 32gb aswell!

delivery "within 3 working days".... won't hold my breath on that :rolleyes:.

Hope so though, I'm heading away next Thurs for a week and hope to bring it with me :pac:. Didn't get any confirmation e-mail though which is weird. I thought I would have got like an auto-reply or something. I got an order code anyway so I presume it went through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

For existing customers I get as far as Check your Eligibility and get an error:

"A problem was encountered with the operation that you tried to perform, please try again later "

Dont think I have ever used such a crappy buggy website!

• Advertisement

maninblack wrote: »
    ah theyre back online! i ordered myself a 32gb aswell!

delivery "within 3 working days".... won't hold my breath on that :rolleyes:.

Hope so though, I'm heading away next Thurs for a week and hope to bring it with me :pac:. Didn't get any confirmation e-mail though which is weird. I thought I would have got like an auto-reply or something. I got an order code anyway so I presume it went through.

I checked my account and the money has been debited almost straight away. I didn't get an email either. I'm hoping that the phone will be here by Friday next week. Although, like yourself im not holding my breath either :D

Then when it gets here i envisage problems with porting the number across....

Advertisement