Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

There's a Homeless Person Outside My Office

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

i've seen her about.
    she's crap on the recorder.
    offer to pay for some lessons.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

0ubliette wrote: »
    What if he doesnt like fish tho?

First smile I cracked all day, thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Or what if there's no water!

This is Ireland in summer though in fairness! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

DubArk wrote: »
    Beggars belief! :confused:

I see what you did there. Kudos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Napoli wrote: »
    That's grand, I've won the argument by default. No one can actually defend begging. Anyone with sense will tell you not to give them a penny. It also scares off tourists.

This thread is now descending into farce. People are discussing the best looking beggars and how to get a "ride" from them.

I'll leave you with this quote:

Indeed, thanks to posts like yours, give yourself another pat on the back for a job well done!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭golum

This thread is now descending into farce. People are discussing the best looking beggars and how to get a "ride" from them.

....not a bad idea that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

sex-protest-03.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Make her your personal slave and feed her by collecting the "vapours" that come out the side of KFC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭YT

So we are in agreement then that begging is degrading, disgusting and pathetic?

Even a rat goes out and finds it's own food and shelter. Hence, these beggars are less than rats and should be treated as such. I pass a roma gypsy begging every morning and I greet her with a big dirty phlegm in her cup.

If this was Italy, this scum would be beaten off the streets by the police. Our gardaí are useless. Wasn't there a law passed against begging last year?

Ok well we all know you don't actually do that so stop lying.
    Pretending you do it makes you as much as a scumbag than actually doing it.
    If you do actually do it, I'm surprised you haven't got the sh*te bet out of you yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭recycle

Well I'm just back from Tesco and it didn't turn out quite how I imagined. When I was there I picked up a chicken salad - €1.40 and a smoothie - €.99, total cost €2.39.

I walked over to her and told her that I had just come back from the shop. I mentioned that I was lucky enough to still have a job and that for me they were quite cheap. I offered her the salad and the smoothie (sealed containers) but she refused them. She said she had enough food and had accomodation and that I wasn't offering real help so she didn't want them.

I wasn't looking for her to heap thanks upon me, I thought she would simply appreciate some food. I have to say I felt a little embarassed and less likely to do something similar in the future.

She probably felt like this guy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

So we are in agreement then that begging is degrading, disgusting and pathetic?

Even a rat goes out and finds it's own food and shelter. Hence, these beggars are less than rats and should be treated as such. I pass a roma gypsy begging every morning and I greet her with a big dirty phlegm in her cup.

If this was Italy, this scum would be beaten off the streets by the police. Our gardaí are useless. Wasn't there a law passed against begging last year?

4.4 out of 5 on the Internet Hard Man scale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

'There but for the grace of God go I'..

There's a lot of growing up to be done in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Well I'm just back from Tesco and it didn't turn out quite how I imagined. When I was there I picked up a chicken salad - €1.40 and a smoothie - €.99, total cost €2.39.

I walked over to her and told her that I had just come back from the shop. I mentioned that I was lucky enough to still have a job and that for me they were quite cheap. I offered her the salad and the smoothie (sealed containers) but she refused them. She said she had enough food and had accomodation and that I wasn't offering real help so she didn't want them.

I wasn't looking for her to heap thanks upon me, I thought she would simply appreciate some food. I have to say I felt a little embarassed and less likely to do something similar in the future.

Chicken salad - €1.40
    Smoothie - €0.99
    Homeless chick telling you to stick your food up your ass - Priceless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

Feed her rat poison,they usually fall for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Well I learnt a lesson today. As so many posters suggested, I should have asked first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Well I learnt a lesson today. As so many posters suggested, I should have asked first.

Thats a Big Issue you should have thought of yourself!;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

She should be reported to the Immigration police, we have enough problems in this country instead of having homeless illegal immigrants.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

YT wrote: »
    It wouldn't be weird at all.
    When I was working in town there was a few homeless people around that I got to know, whenever I could I would buy them a coffee or sandwich.
    I'm such a softie, I even bought savlon, plasters and socks for one guy cos his feet were in bits :(

I used to do this for a girl in town when i worked there.
    I got talking to her one day and offered her a cig then on my return I gave her a sandwich and a hot choc. Used to stay around and just talk to her. After a while I moved so too did my job. I wonder how she's doing now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭RandomIrl

DonJose wrote: »
    Chicken salad - €1.40
    Smoothie - €0.99
    Homeless chick telling you to stick your food up your ass - Priceless
    and for everything else............there's mastercard!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Actually I was just thinking. When I go to Tesco I'm going to get a pasta salad for €1.40, would it be weird if I offered one to her?

Would you have given half a **** if the girl was a guy?

• Advertisement

CCCP^ wrote: »
    Would you have given half a **** if the girl was a guy?

He's already said that he would!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭YT

congo_90 wrote: »
    I used to do this for a girl in town when i worked there.
    I got talking to her one day and offered her a cig then on my return I gave her a sandwich and a hot choc. Used to stay around and just talk to her. After a while I moved so too did my job. I wonder how she's doing now.

There was one lad in particular that I always had a chat with in the mornings and evenings, he was so nice. I didn't see him for a couple of weeks, I asked his pal had he seen him and he told me that he had died on the streets. :( I didn't even know his surname to find out where he is buried.

Whatever they may be, they are still people.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

RandomIrl wrote: »
    He's already said that he would!!

And if it was a hobo panda?

And if it was a hobo panda?

if it was a what?????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

I remember once giving money to a young homeless guy in Limerick and a few mins later seen him walking down a streer eating a bun from a bakers. Not what I would have bought but good to see he actually bought food.

oh ya they never would steal a bun and score some heroin,priorities

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

RandomIrl wrote: »
    if it was a what?????

You obviously didn't read the whole thread...

Fair play OP. Pity she couldn't have just smiled and accepted it and ate it... not many people are as nice as you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Outside my office is this sad panda...

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/2246/ryjo.jpg

Should I bring him some shoots and leaves perhaps?

That is not me. I'm a much more clean cheerful bear.
    I offered her the salad and the smoothie (sealed containers) but she refused them. She said she had enough food and had accomodation and that I wasn't offering real help so she didn't want them.

You don't make friends with salad!!

Should've bought her a spice burger

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

had the same problem last year,scummy guy always begging in the mornings but only there for money,so on one very cold morning i bought myself a coffee on the way in drank it all and p1ssed into the cup,i said"chilly morning fancy something warm" he took the cup........never saw him again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I pass a Roma gypsy begging every morning and I greet her with a big dirty phlegm in her cup.

This goes without saying.

Do it to a he and you'd get your head kicked in.

@OP: I think it was a really sound thing to do even if the blow-out was a little funny. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

golum wrote: »
    She sounds vaguely familiar-especially the recorder bit, think I've seen her on Grafton Street a few times. South American for sure I would say, definitely not stunning but not bad looking I suppose

Even a homeless girl is being judged on her looks:(

Advertisement