Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

There's a Homeless Person Outside My Office

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

op im sorry your attempt to get into the knickers of a vulnerable homeless brazillian stunner failed so badly

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

Napoli wrote: »
    So we are in agreement then that begging is degrading, disgusting and pathetic?

Even a rat goes out and finds it's own food and shelter. Hence, these beggars are less than rats and should be treated as such. I pass a roma gypsy begging every morning and I greet her with a big dirty phlegm in her cup.

If this was Italy, this scum would be beaten off the streets by the police. Our gardaí are useless. Wasn't there a law passed against begging last year?

She wasn't begging!! Dah...
    prinz wrote: »
    Unfortunately I would be of the same opinion. If it isn't a busy street and she's just hanging around outside your offices then for security reasons get her moved. Happens a lot in shop robberies etc, that people have "cased" the place by sitting outside the door 'begging'.

Yes!!! Call the Garda; have her arrested for loitering in a doorway. Then throw her in a cell! Put her on trial; fine her and when she can’t pay, through her into prison. Then when she gets out she can even feel less of a person and end right back up on the streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,981 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

0ubliette wrote: »
    op im sorry your attempt to get into the knickers of a vulnerable homeless brazillian stunner failed so badly

She's hardly stunning and as I already mentioned it is possible to just be nice to someone without wanting anything in return. We're not all like you.

She's hardly stunning and as I already mentioned it is possible to just be nice to someone without wanting anything in return. We're not all like you.

yeah, but if it was a male tramp would you have done the same? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Napoli

Quite the humanitarian aren't you, I believe stormfront has an opening

Ah classic! You played the racist card! It's only a matter of time before Godwin's law is proved.

I repeat: please enlighten me to the benefits begging provides our society with.

*Note you can always avoid the tough questions by copy and pasting a facepalm. See the Amalgam law.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,981 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

yeah, but if it was a male tramp would you have done the same? :D

Yes I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Yes!!! Call the Garda; have her arrested for loitering in a doorway. Then throw her in a cell! Put her on trial; fine her and when she can’t pay, through her into prison. Then when she gets out she can even feel less of a person and end right back up on the streets.

Have you never heard of 'move along there luv...' ? Hyperbole doesn't suit you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

O.P that was a flaiming disgrace what that girl did to you, she comes here from Souh America, shes here Illegally as there is free movement of labour between Ireland and South American Countries and then she begs on the street and gives cheeck to you when you try to help her:mad:, theres plenty of Irish people that are homeless to be helping instead of Illegal Immigrants, if i were you id phone Garda Immigration straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

There used to be a homeless girl who sat on the pavement outside my old place of work as there were ATMs there. So many times she looked so longingly at me as I passed that I had to do something nice for her. I let her buy some new clothes with my credit card and paid for her to stay in a hostel for a month just to sort of give her a pick-me-up or some hope even.
    But I didn't do it for the credit, the praise or even the warm feeling of doing something nice for someone who truly needs it; I did it so I could get laid. Oh yeah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭golum

She sounds vaguely familiar-especially the recorder bit, think I've seen her on Grafton Street a few times. South American for sure I would say, definitely not stunning but not bad looking I suppose

• Advertisement

Have you never heard of 'move along there luv...' ? Hyperbole doesn't suit you.

Trying to quote others isnt your forte either!! :rolleyes:

DubArk wrote: »
    Trying to quote others isnt your forte either!! :rolleyes:

Ah if you weren't as concerned with fonts and whatnot it would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Is she handy on the recorder? I'm thinking of starting a homeless band.

Niche market in these though times...

Ah if you weren't as concerned with fonts and whatnot it would be.

That put me in my place! Your not to be trifled with.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

fair play op. nice to see still people with a heart out there. had an incident similar where i offered a guy a sandwich and a bottle of water. told me to keep them,all he wanted was cash so i didnt bother offering again.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

Ah classic! You played the racist card! It's only a matter of time before Godwin's law is proved.

I repeat: please enlighten me to the benefits begging provides our society with.

*Note you can always avoid the tough questions by copy and pasting a facepalm. See the Amalgam law.
    Who says it provides benefits? What are the benefits of spitting on homeless people and beating them off the streets? The warm glowing feeling of being a scumbag?

DubArk wrote: »
    That put me in my place! Your not to be trifled with.

Trying to be grammatically correct obviously taxes you too... :rolleyes:;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

You were the one who mentioned a specific ethnic group! And why is it in almost every thread some tard starts talking about Godwins law? Trying to sound clever? It's not very.

Edit: I never said that begging provides society with anything, and if you came on to boards seeking enlightnment then you are in a sorry state!

There's another homeless girl around Setanta place. Well in saying that I'm not sure that she's actually homeless, as she looks quite well-maintained,but she's there a fair bit begging. Blonde hair and make- up, early twenties I'd say, don't know that she plays any musical instrument, still if one were to form a group composed entirely of homeless girls she could be worth considering

golum wrote: »
    There's another homeless girl around Setanta place. Well in saying that I'm not sure that she's actually homeless, as she lookss quite well-maintained,but she's there a fair bit begging. Blonde hair and make- up, early twenties I'd say, don't know that she plays any musical instrument, still if one were to form a group composed entirely of homeless girls she could be worth considering

Beggars belief! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Napoli

That's grand, I've won the argument by default. No one can actually defend begging. Anyone with sense will tell you not to give them a penny. It also scares off tourists.

This thread is now descending into farce. People are discussing the best looking beggars and how to get a "ride" from them.

I'll leave you with this quote:
    Give a man a fish and he eats for one day; Teach a man to fish and he can eat every day for the rest of his life.

Give a man a fish and he eats for one day; Teach a man to fish and he can eat every day for the rest of his life.

What if he doesnt like fish tho?

Is that from the bible?

You might be better off riding a few beggars than spouting your home-spun wisdom

golum wrote: »
    Is that from the bible?

Yes...... yes it is. From the Recreation and Leisure Pursuits section.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

That's grand, I've won the argument by default.
    That sounds like the retort of someone who's just lost an argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

This thread is now descending into farce. People are discussing the best looking beggars and how to get a "ride" from them.

****ing Deadly!!!!:cool:

Then he sells the fish he catches and buys bacon and cabbage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

That's grand, I've won the argument by default. No one can actually defend begging. Anyone with sense will tell you not to give them a penny. It also scares off tourists.

I'll leave you with this quote:

What argument?

The OP's post isnt about a beggar,its about a homeless person.

You are the one that started blabbering on about beggars and what not.

You are obviously only a young fella trying to be cool or shocking with your racist rhetoric so all I will do is laugh at you.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

Or what if there's no water!

• Advertisement

Ah right, was thinking that. One of the lesser known verses but all the more beautiful for its relative obscurity

Advertisement