Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012, do u beleive?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

We're fcuked. We're too arrogant to realise that while we are the most intelligent life form that is no reason to believe that we are the most resilient. Life will survive long after we're gone and personally I think it's already too late. Nature gave us every chance to regulate our own population and we didsn't listen. We're a cancer and nature will heal itself as it has always done. Where there is no life there is no God.

I predict that by 2012 your glue sniffing habit may have gotten the better of you :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭HouseHippo

We're fcuked. We're too arrogant to realise that while we are the most intelligent life form that is no reason to believe that we are the most resilient. Life will survive long after we're gone and personally I think it's already too late. Nature gave us every chance to regulate our own population and we didsn't listen. We're a cancer and nature will heal itself as it has always done. Where there is no life there is no God.
    Actually as far as intelligent life forms go...
    There are 3 scales of civilisations

Type 3
    Type 2 and
    type 1
    wich are widely accepted to be intelligent as in use their entire brain rather than the small precentage we use. These are your space travelling telepathic aliens

We are in the scientific brain development scale a
    Type 0 civilisation
    which is in non-theoretical physicist terms....fcuking retards

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

as someone said in the films forum, JFK will return to the whitehouse in 2012.

BlitzKrieg wrote: »

as someone said in the films forum, JFK will return to the whitehouse in 2012.
    sweet he was a deadly prez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

tech2 wrote: »
    I respect the calender with its acuarate readings but the end of earth on a certain date is not one which I agree with. There are scientifically moderate reasons for concern however.

I dont think anybody would dispute that strange things are happening to the planet,and few doubt that carbon emmisions etc are affecting the globes natural balance.

Real scientists told govts about this danger decades ago,no govts listened.

the diffrience is the scientists were using Scientific method,based on research not the prequel to Harry Potter!

• Advertisement

ynotdu wrote: »
    tech2 wrote: »
    I respect the calender with its acuarate readings but the end of earth on a certain date is not one which I agree with. There are scientifically moderate reasons for concern however.

I dont think anybody would dispute that strange things are happening to the planet,and few doubt that carbon emmisions etc are affecting the globes natural balance.

Real scientists told govts about this danger decades ago,no govts listened.

the diffrience is the scientists were using Scientific method,based on research not the prequel to Harry Potter!
    I'm not worried Dumbledore will save us all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭flas

i actually heard something about the north and south poles switching or something along those lines on QI and if stephen fry was saying it,well it has to be true...

i've heard the whole poles switching story numerous times growing up.

Its become a sort of boy who cried wolf thing with me now.

Cause I'm pretty sure I heard it twice during the ninties and at least once in early 2001-2003.

Cant remember if I heard it before then though.

Always different dates I might add.

flas wrote: »
    i actually heard something about the north and south poles switching or something along those lines on QI and if stephen fry was saying it,well it has to be true

Did,nt Stephen Fry say we are all toast?

Also would,nt JFK be like 99 years of age in 2012?

Surely nobody would recognise him? not even Lee Harvey Oswald(who actually is the new prez of Cuba,not Castros bro!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭nitrogen

sells wrote: »
    The evidence seems to be pointing towards something will happen!

I'd hate to see you if you were a barrister arguing about scientific evidence.

• Advertisement

flas wrote: »
    i actually heard something about the north and south poles switching or something along those lines on QI and if stephen fry was saying it,well it has to be true

Did,nt Stephen Fry say we are all toast?

Also would,nt JFK be like 99 years of age in 2012?

Surely nobody would recognise him? not even Lee Harvey Oswald(who actually is the new prez of Cuba,not Castros bro!:D

nope according to this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_John_F._Kennedy_(CV-67)

she'd be 45

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    i've heard the whole poles switching story numerous times growing up.

Its become a sort of boy who cried wolf thing with me now.

Cause I'm pretty sure I heard it twice during the ninties and at least once in early 2001-2003.

Cant remember if I heard it before then though.

Always different dates I might add.

Hmmmm so BlitzKrieg You could say you are *poles apart* to other posters?:)

Lol about the "she,d be 45"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭In All Fairness

Grimes wrote: »
    I predict that by 2012 your glue sniffing habit may have gotten the better of you :p

Aah.. attack the post man.:p You're probably right but will you be there to collect on the bet?;)

i'd be in pole position when it comes to news about the earth spinning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

I believe in Miracles....

Man it's just utter crap! Get on with your life instead of worrying when it's going to end, there are much more important things, lifes to short as it is.

which soccer manager said "football is not a matter of life and death,it,s more important than that"?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

which soccer manager said "football is not a matter of life and death,it,s more important than that"?:D

Shankly, though I don't see how that's relevant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

here ya go, all neatley explained via the magic of youtubery

Enjoy

theres a few of this lads videos online at the moment, He bears a strikin simmilarity to Woody Haroldson, but it cant be him cos he's off slayin Zombies at the moment

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

also I personaly think that this is the one hippies have been waitin for since the sixties

the Dawning of the age of Aquarius.

Relevent to the poster who said "get on with your life"and not to be worrying so much to the OP.sound advice i thought.
    This Calender thing seems to have enveloped him in gloom&doom,seeing no spark of hope in the future,IMO a bad state of mind for anybody?@ amacachi

• Advertisement

Relevent to the poster who said "get on with your life"and not to be worrying so much to the OP.sound advice i thought.
    This Calender thing seems to have enveloped him in gloom&doom,seeing no spark of hope in the future,IMO a bad state of mind for anybody?@ amacachi

Fair enough, I suppose worrying about football is quite a bit more sensible than worrying about the world ending.

amacachi wrote: »
    Fair enough, I suppose worrying about football is quite a bit more sensible than worrying about the world ending.

Worrying about something you can do nothing about or stop is most likely going to lead to cracking up.

It does not have to be soccer,just thought it was an appropiate quote by Paisly in light of previous postings.

We ALL need something positive to stay healthy in our mental health,without it we would crumble?
    regards

Worrying about something you can do nothing about or stop is most likely going to lead to cracking up.

It does not have to be soccer,just thought it was an appropiate quote by Paisly in light of previous postings.

We ALL need something positive to stay healthy in our mental health,without it we would crumble?
    regards

I was trying to agree with you.

well agree with me better in future!Lol :D(if the planet has a future:(lol)

Ye're agreeing with each other. Although ye might be reading at cross-purposes.

Ye're agreeing with each other. Although ye might be reading at cross-purposes.

impossible to put a tone of voice in written text,

all we can do is use emociens,or lol etc to try indicate we are discussing/debating/joking in a non hostile way,even the net has its limits:)

impossible to put a tone of voice in written text,

all we can do is use emociens,or lol etc to try indicate we are discussing/debating/joking in a non hostile way,even the net has its limits:)

There's never quite the smilie needed is there? That;s why we go out and meet each other.:) or not:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭berengar

sells wrote: »
    There is a mayan calender, the most advanced calender known to man, ... snip...QUOTE]

Eh why is this calendar the most advanced known to man ?

how old is the mayan civilazation ? 1000 years ? - im sure they believed the earth was flat ffs...

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

what about the killer bees though? "They never came"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,233 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

They're very sensitive about their impotency and, I'm sure, would not wish it plastered all over the web, thank you very much.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Advertisement