Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SLANE 2009 Oasis - All Discussion - No ticket sales.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Mabawza

Anyone know of any buses running from Enfield (or close to Enfield) to Slane on Sat?

Thanks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Mabawza wrote: »
    Anyone know of any buses running from Enfield (or close to Enfield) to Slane on Sat?

Thanks.

I know Bartons are running a bus from Leixlip church E20 return!

I don't think there are any going from Enfield though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Mabawza

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I know Bartons are running a bus from Leixlip church E20 return!

I don't think there are any going from Enfield though!

Thanks!

Thats not too bad, a bit better than Navan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

BaZmO* wrote: »
    You're right, generally it means no professional equipment. You'll be fine with a standard small camera, sure you only have to go to any gig now to see how many people bring cameras.

The no cameras rule is generally just there on the t&c's as a legal disclaimer.

But having said that, "if" they wanted to they could confiscate the camera or refuse admission but I've never ever seen it being done.

I'm also sweatin' about bringing my camera. :o Is it likely to be confiscated, dya' think?

This is what I have.

2zg8dww.jpg

It's tiny, fits in the palm of your hand, but the picture quality is amazing.

Thing is, it cost me €400. :D And I really, really don't want it taken off me. :D

Will I chance it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

ya? do! there not going to be going through everyone taking their cameras off them? shur everyone brings cameras to concerts these days! go on!

• Advertisement

"Ah sure gwan" isn't the best advise I was hoping for, but thanks for the reply. ;)

I think I'll bring it. I could always hide it in my underwear.

Will everyone else in here be bringing a camera?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

yup Im bringing mine.. however.. the camera on my phone is proberly better!
    waiting for a new camera to arrive next week.. not in time for slane!

On the off-chance that they do take it, is there any hope of ever getting it back, I wonder? Do they throw confiscated stuff into a big skip along with all the drink they take from people coming in? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

On the off-chance that they do take it, is there any hope of ever getting it back, I wonder? Do they throw confiscated stuff into a big skip along with all the drink they take from people coming in? :P

Yes,a rubbish bin

Your camera isnt exactly a SLR and tripod now is it,ive been to countless gigs over the last 10 years and never once had a camera taken off me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

1. You will not get drink through the barriers. It will be taken off you and thrown in a skip. Either drink it before you get to the barrier or keep your money and buy it when you get down.

2. The village is closed to all traffic from 10am. No cars will get in or out of the village after this time even if you have a residence pass. Prior to 10am you will need to have a residence pass to drive into the village.

3. You will not be let sleep in your car in the VIP carpark although if your too drunk to drive there's not a lot they can do about you ;)

4. The journey from Parnell Sq to Slane will depend on what time your getting the bus. An early bus should take and hour, a late one could take 2 and then you'll have to spend at least 30mins walking.

5. Read the thread and stop asking the same questions!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Mongo_Solo1984

i heard a rumour Oasis pulled out.which would piss me off greatly. is this true?

It's true. :o

Westlife have been drafted in as a last minute replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lilyrose

i heard a rumour Oasis pulled out.which would piss me off greatly. is this true?

Nope pure lies- Oasis are definitly Playing :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Shuttle buses from Navan, where are they picking up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 pacman murphy

Are the grandstand seats at Slane worth the extra money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Penny1624

The older brother of Oasis legends Noel and Liam Gallagher has revealed that the two Britpop stars will be putting aside any differences to rock Slane Castle this Saturday.
    Their celebrity DJ sibling Paul Gallagher said they were like “an old married couple” at this stage and there will be no ‘looking back in anger’ when it comes to their Meath gig.
    “It’s like anyone else. There’s days when they talk and there’s days when they don’t talk – they’re like two married people in that way and we all need to have our escapes from other people,” he said.
    :roll:
    Seems to be nonsense about them pulling out. Someone always starts stupid rumors before big gigs like this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

It's true. :o

Westlife have been drafted in as a last minute replacement.

Westlife will never ever EVER play Slane. EVER!!!

Grandstand seats are not worth it. Why anyone would want to pay that money to sit down during a concert in Slane is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭murpheous81

Was at the prodigy concert tonight and they were f**king awesome, they will definetly get things going especially Outerspace, Firestarter, Breathe & Smack My Bit*h Up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

Are the grandstand seats at Slane worth the extra money

only if you have a wooden leg , arthiritis in your hips , or some form of life threatening ilness that would prevent you from standing.:D

this is not a gig to be sitting down for ..... you will pay for a seat and probably stand anyway .....

get out amongst the people and give it loads .

id give my little fingers to be home and go to it !!!!:(:(:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭theniall

Hey guys, how long will the journey from Parnell street to Slane be, and when we get off at slane how longs the walk to the concert be or will it drop us off right outside..

Travelling by myself and meeting my friends there so I'm pretty freaked out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

from reading previous posters comments you are looking at a 30-40 minute bus journey and a 3k walk when you get off the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭joxers25

beertons wrote: »
    Shuttle buses from Navan, where are they picking up?

Give Donohgues a call - they are running a bus from Navan

http://www.donoghuescoaches.com/7022.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Mixedup

will i look like total knob if i wear wellies...never been to an outdoor gig in my life the new boyfriend is obsessed with oasis, im afraid ill stand out like a sore thumb!

i realize this is the stupidest question ever but im worried!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

theniall wrote: »
    and when we get off at slane how longs the walk to the concert be or will it drop us off right outside..

83098.JPG

1. Stage
    2. Where the Bus Stops
    3. Entrance to the Main Gate
    4. Entrance to the Venue
    5. Castle

The Bus will leave you as close to No. 2 as it can get but depending on traffic it could be a good bit further down south.

The killer walk is from No. 3 to No. 4 through the forest, always seems to take ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 tayto2009

are oasis recording slane?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 tayto2009

Mixedup wrote: »
    will i look like total knob if i wear wellies...never been to an outdoor gig in my life the new boyfriend is obsessed with oasis, im afraid ill stand out like a sore thumb!

no everyone will have wellies rain or shine

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ant_moore123

3. You will not be let sleep in your car in the VIP carpark although if your too drunk to drive there's not a lot they can do about you ;)

I phoned Slane the guy on the phone said to go for it as thats what most people do

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭The Blonde One

I phoned Slane the guy on the phone said to go for it as thats what most people do

When I phoned them months ago about this, they said no way could I leave my car there overnight.....after forking out for a hotel now - damn it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Fergieb

This has been asked loads of times but no one has answered it...

Does anyone know if the Lions match will be shown on a big screen in Slane?

I'm am debating whether to watch the match in town 1st then head out to Slane after or head out earlier and try watch it in Slance somewhere - either in the village or in the concert area if possible.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

Mixedup wrote: »

Oh you'll need the wellies; it's a gig you're going to, not a fashion shoot. Even if you *did* stick out like a sore thumb (and you won't), you'll ruin any pair of shoes you have if, heaven forbid, it should rain.

Was at the Stones in '07 and everybody had wellies. Sure the long walk and the standing and all that isn't quite as comfy as it would be in your normal shoes, but you can clean the wellies and protect your keks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement