Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SLANE 2009 Oasis - All Discussion - No ticket sales.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Gary10r

Rougies wrote: »
    Hi all, earlier today my mini submarine arrived! It was supposed to arrive last Tuesday :mad: Anyway, I got for less then the price of a ticket for Slane and it has 4 seats and some luggage space :D
    I'll be captaining, and my mate will be on guard with the periscope, so we have two spare seats for anyone who wants to take the voyage across the Boyne (preferably female, and remember the weather forecast is good ;)).
    Unfortunately there isn't much luggage space left for our passengers as we already have crates of beer, bottles whiskey/vodka/gin, various mixers, chairs, umbrellas, survival/first aid kits, explosives, self defense weapons etc etc.
    Any takers?
    Also, anyone know a good place to submerge?

Tell me its yellow.........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭alfaz

I got a ticket last night!

That is all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

beertons wrote: »
    You'll be grand. You'll be in the furthest car park from the gig, and will have the longest walk ahead of you. Don't worry about it!

Oasis!

Great! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭FockRoysh

Is it looking like sun today in Slane? I dunno what to be wearing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

im in balbriggan its over cast atm, the forecast was sun though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭dangerousdavid

Anyone know if they're gonna show the European Curling Championships on any of the big screens?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Anyone know if they're gonna show the European Curling Championships on any of the big screens?

Next one is a three week ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cosul

this sounds like a v boring question but what time (roughly) are oasis expected to be finishing up?

me ma doesnt want me out too late:p

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭alfaz

cosul wrote: »
    this sounds like a v boring question but what time (roughly) are oasis expected to be finishing up?

me ma doesnt want me out too late:p

I believe that!!

probably around 10.30-11pm tonight they'll close up at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cosul

alfaz wrote: »
    I believe that!!

probably around 10.30-11pm tonight they'll close up at.

cheers mate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭thatsnotmyname

hi i am getting a lift to slane does anyone know if it is possible to get a dublin home i.e single ticket after the gig ?
    any advice appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭sparkydee

Not sure it seems to be a standard return. You should ring dublin bus:)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭celticwe

Is it true the bar closes at 9:(.

Such a creche of a country.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

how likely is it to be able to pick up a ticket up there?

Very likely there's a lot of spare tickets in dublin i'd chance it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭The Hustler

Walked along Parnell Street about an hour ago - the amount of sc*mbags pissing on the street and smashing bottles was sickening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

Imagine what it's gonna be like at the venue :p

My Da's working up there, said it's much much worse than the sc*mbag Oxegen crowd - be interesting to see how many arrests are made!

Mr.S wrote: »
    Its Oasis and The Prodigy, each attract the worst crowd possible, put them on the same bill and its mayhem!

Kasabian have their fair share of numpties aswell! Gonna be a MAJOR clean up job I'd imagine!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

Anywhere u can listen to this on the internet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

All in all a savage days craic. The weather stayed dry. Before the gig was worried about all the stories of Oasis' 40 minute gigs. In fairness to them though, thought they were savage. Played for two hours solid. Prodigy were top notch too. Some band to get the crowd going.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭MarkHobBray1977

Oasis were great , as were kasabian.....Full of f**king scumbags though...Ill never go again

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭gombeen99

What is the story with Dublin bus??? Thousands of people sitting on road,gardai don't know what's going on& absolutely no information from Dublin bus on anything. Heard 2
    motorbike gardai cursing Dublin bus & saying they has seriously messed up. Not a single piece of info from Dublin bus,not a single employee /inspector/supervisor on road. I have been to slane twice before&never ever seen such transport chaos.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

was at the gig tonite..disappointed have to say..the place was full of scum bags..even walking up to the venue..police done nothing really, all just standing about looking..people sniffin c*ke off keys,taking e etc..

We went up at about 4pm and there was a 1hr queue to get a drink,limit of 2 per person..ridiculous

Oasis were average,no atmosphere in the place,new stuff didn't go down well..no one knew it!

Seen oasis b4,been to plenty of gigs /festivals, this one was crap have to say

Oasis were

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

worst organisation ive ever seen at anything, ever

absolutely bloody shambolic

that said, that was the first time out of 4 that ive actually seen a good oasis set (i put it down to liam taking a back seat for the most part)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭celticwe

Orginisation-****
    Scumbags-****
    Dublin Bus -****
    1 hour 20 min for a pint when prodigy where on:mad:
    SCUMBAGS ON THE WAY IN THROUGH THE FOREST
    ON THE WAY IN FIGHTS ,PUSHING ,AND MORE .
    Never again Slane :(

Dublin bus are unreal. I am just home now we had to walk as far as kilmoon cross which is 6km as there were no buses left and there were buses coming from navan and we had to wait for them there. It took three and a half hours to walk it. And the bus we got was the last one we could see. Still thousands stranded. Our bus driver did a u turn so we flew back into dublin. Can't believe it. On another note no one checked any tickets going in to grounds. I'm never going to slane again.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dylano_k

Anybody go to Slane to see Oasis? Performance was top notch as expected and the prodigy were brilliant.

After the show on heading for the buses though...we had to walk for 2 and a half hours to get to a bus, my feet are blistered to bits now and i cant put them down, we walked 9km's to the dublin bus area that we had to pay 20return to use and thats what we got for it. Now the walk might have done me some good but other than that the travelling arrangements where despicable.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

This is the price you pay for liking Oasis past 1997.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭pandemonium

Awh tha sucks, hugs,excuse the drunk post

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement