Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SLANE 2009 Oasis - All Discussion - No ticket sales.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Fergieb wrote: »
    This has been asked loads of times but no one has answered it...

Does anyone know if the Lions match will be shown on a big screen in Slane?

I'm am debating whether to watch the match in town 1st then head out to Slane after or head out earlier and try watch it in Slance somewhere - either in the village or in the concert area if possible.

Thanks
    Somebody text Ray D'Arcy and asked about the match. He said that they're going to ring MCD and see what they say.

Was at the Stones in '07 and everybody had wellies. Sure the long walk and the standing and all that isn't quite as comfy as it would be in your normal shoes, but you can clean the wellies and protect your keks.
    Yeah Wellies and full waterproofs although it stopped raining by the time I got there.

I've ruined so many pairs of runners the first few times that I went to outdoor festivals that I always wear a pair of work boots when I go now.
    Regardless of how sunny it is the toilet areas are always like swamps.

I may look ridiculous on the way down but by the time I get there I'm always glad of it. No point in being the best dressed to and from the car/bus!

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭thatsnotmyname

As regard the match e.t.c
    the last time i was in Slane was in 1995 when Oasis supported R.E.M(what a day)
    But that day it was possible to drink in the Slane Village pubs
    Great Atmosphere e.t.c

Does anyone know if concert goers are allowed into the village tomorrow ?

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 DubShelley

Somebody text Ray D'Arcy and asked about the match. He said that they're going to ring MCD and see what they say.

Anyone know if Ray got an answer??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Regarding the match, I doubt it will be on the big screen! Didn't hear if D'Arcy said anything about it!

Last time I was in Slane was U2 and they showed the Ireland v Holland match but that was on RTE, the Lions match in on Sky Sports, so they would have to get a satellite in for that!!

Also the match starts at 2pm and the gates only open at 2pm, I don't see the point in them showing it!

If you're desperate to see it, watch it first then get the bus, cause no fuss, get a grip on yourself it don't cost much! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 tayto2009

they showed world cup final at oxegen in 06....what time is the game at???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I doubt they will show it. <snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 ozvaldo316

what time do the buses start tomorrow from dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

First time going to Slane, driving up from Waterford.
    Ticketmaster says to take the M1 and turn off for Slane, why....will the N2 be closed???? Or will there not be any carparks on the N2??????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Does anyone know if concert goers are allowed into the village tomorrow ?

Cheers

Anyone travelling from Drogheda or the North will get access to the village but if your travelling from Dublin or Navan you won't get in.
    wellbutty
    First time going to Slane, driving up from Waterford.
    Ticketmaster says to take the M1 and turn off for Slane, why....will the N2 be closed???? Or will there not be any carparks on the N2??????

There will be car parks on the N2 but your more likely to be sitting in lots of traffic as this is the way all the Dublin Bus' go. Take the M1 and come in the Drogheda road or take the N3 and come via Navan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

There will be car parks on the N2 but your more likely to be sitting in lots of traffic as this is the way all the Dublin Bus' go. Take the M1 and come in the Drogheda road or take the N3 and come via Navan.

Thanks for the tip

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 DarlingDucky

Whoo hoo cannot wait for tommorrow

Car parks open at 12pm

Gates open 2pm

Blizzards 3pm

Cant remember what it goes from there but know oasis are schedualed for 8.30 pm think kasabian 5pm and prodigy 7pm not sure too excited

I tried to find out what the craic is with car parks, there is the slane car park and then local's rent out their fields at a cost could be any cost but theres no parking till 12 i know that.

Can you go in and then go back to the carpark??

this is from ticket master im really excited here sorry
    General Rules:

Do
    • Please dress appropriately and always be prepared for the Irish weather... so bring your wellington boots!
    • Always check the weather forecast before setting off.
    • Note that under 16s must be accompanied by person(s) 18 years or over.
    • Respect the property and privacy of residents in the vicinity of Slane.
    • For your own safety please co-operate with stewards and Gardai and follow any loudspeaker announcements.
    • For your own and the safety of others please move slowly and quietly when exiting the Concert site and co-operate with stewards' directions.
    • Note that catering and bar facilities are available inside the venue.
    • Photo proof of age is required for sale of alcohol.
    • Note that official merchandising will be available inside the groundsonly.
    • Note that the concert is being recorded for visual and audio broadcast.
    • Note location of Information Point, Meeting Point, First Aid Areas andWater Points.
    • Wear bright clothes or luminous armbands if you are walking in the dark.

Do Not
    • Bring garden furniture, deckchairs, fold up chairs or shooting sticks.
    • Do not park illegally. Towing in operation. Please follow signs tocarparks.
    • Do not buy tickets from unofficial sources.
    • Do not bring umbrellas, flag poles or alcohol into the grounds.These will be confiscated at the ticket barriers.
    • Do not rush the exits after the concert.
    • Do not bring cameras or recording equipment into the grounds.
    • Do not crowd surf or mosh as you will be removed from the venue without refund.

person who is almost 18 if i see you there i will not alone get your drink for you i will buy you one too!!!! Ill be the person going mad with the big happy face on!!!!!

Can you go in and then go back to the carpark??
    The general rule at all outdoor gigs is that if you go out you ain't getting back in. And if security tell you that you can I wouldn't believe them as you won't necessarily get the same person on the way back in. Best not to risk it.

think there leaving from o'connel street from 12pm

Yeah thats what most people are saying!! Thanks for that there goes my plan of leaving drink in friends car and going back and forth between acts!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

I phoned Slane the guy on the phone said to go for it as thats what most people do

You phoned Slane? Did you phone anyone in particular or did you just phone straight through to Henry Mountcharles?

When I phoned them months ago about this, they said no way could I leave my car there overnight.....after forking out for a hotel now - damn it!!

No way ive totally planned on leaving the car there all night and staying in it!!! Was hpoing there would be a bit of criac inc ar parks after!!! Have my cd's made up for it and all!!

yellowcurl wrote: »
    Sorry if this has already been asked, but had a bit of a look and couldn't find anything else!

Has Oasis at Slane sold out? Or is the ticketmaster website just being annoying today??

Thanks a million to anyone who can tell me!

And sorry everyone if this Q has been asked a million times! :D

Suppodesly there's more going on sale tomorrow according to a ticketmaster email i got sent earlier!!

Yeah thats what most people are saying!! Thanks for that there goes my plan of leaving drink in friends car and going back and forth between acts!!!!
    Haha. You'd never get away with doing that at any gig. If that was the case local pubs would be doing a roaring trade.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Haha. You'd never get away with doing that at any gig. If that was the case local pubs would be doing a roaring trade.

If I was the pubs I would get everyone to petition agaist slane unless they were allowed do so!! Support the local community and all that!!

Then again if i was running a pub.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭heymayo

Hi Guys Im Just Wondering About The Pit,
    How early would one have to be in order to get a wristband for the pit??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Shabbah

To those who keep asking about a match, whatever match it is that is on tomorrow.....most people who have bought tickets for Slane are interested in the acts that are playing and should not be subjected to watching sport on the big screens because a minority are pished of that they're missing some match......Dublin Bus is operating until 6pm, if whatever match is on at 2pm can't you watch it and go to Slane afterwards?? Not everyone that has a passion for Oasis/Prodigy etc has such a passion for sport/rugby or whatever it is.....we're not going to Slane to watch a match!!!!

If it's too much hassle, watch the match and don't bother with Slane :)

If a concert I'd planned to go to clashed with somthing else I was passionate about I wouldn't expect to have my cake and to eat it too, kill two birds with the one stone etc.....just plan your day differently! :D

All of the above failing - just go to Slane, enjoy yourself, record the match, relax, tell your friends/family you don't want to know the result.....lets face it, at Slane you shold be oblivious to what goes on in the outside world anyways.....by the time you've come around to yourself Sunday morning....watch the match.....it's not rocket science.....lots of people do it......and now, give it a rest lads! :D

Bring on tomorrow....we should be hopping on a bus at Parnell Square about 3pm all going to plan.....will have had a few cans from 11:30am onwards so we'll be in jolly spirits by then, should enjoy the bus journey (if we can control our little bladders :O ) and be there by approx 5pm or a little later......hope the rain stays away, I'm not wearing wellies, guna chance trainers I think, don't care if they get destroyed as long as I can stay upright......do the grounds of the castle in general get very mucky throughout the day? I know I can expect muck near the portaloos etc ...... Don't wanna lose a trainer in mud tho! :eek:

Penny1624 wrote: »
    Seems to be nonsense about them pulling out. Someone always starts stupid rumors before big gigs like this

Yeah all the people who arent going!!! Bitter and twisted!!!

heymayo wrote: »
    Hi Guys Im Just Wondering About The Pit,
    How early would one have to be in order to get a wristband for the pit??

gates open at 2pm so would most defiantly say you would want to be at the top of the que for that so well before 2pm id say

peadar91 wrote: »
    are you able 2 bring drink into slane?

No taken off you at entrance if you try

It's true. :o

Westlife have been drafted in as a last minute replacement.

agh hahaha !!! Love it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 _kier_

Shabbah wrote: »
    To those who keep asking about a match, whatever match it is that is on tomorrow.....most people who have bought tickets for Slane are interested in the acts that are playing and should not be subjected to watching sport on the big screens because a minority are pished of that they're missing some match...........we're not going to Slane to watch a match!!!!

for everyones sake i hope you lighten up people are interested in sport esp in the lions tour...when the gates open theres only ****e on the screens untill the first act come on.. people just are inquiring get over it the atmosphere will be brilliant up there if u dont want to look at the match turn around and dont look at the screens simple as...so wat difference will it make to your little life if they do put on the match for an hour....people spent the money to see oasis yeah but people who spent that much deserve to have there cake and eat it as u say....were not goin to slane to watch a match but it would be unreal if they did show it please get a life and lighten up!!!

Shinners23 wrote: »
    that's perfect Dymondz, that's a million.

Hope everyone has a great day

yes thanks i will be having the best day if anyone isnt i have plenty of happiness for everyone :D:o:):pac:;):p:rolleyes::P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Shabbah

_kier_ wrote: »
    for everyones sake i hope you lighten up people are interested in sport esp in the lions tour...when the gates open theres only ****e on the screens untill the first act come on.. people just are inquiring get over it the atmosphere will be brilliant up there if u dont want to look at the match turn around and dont look at the screens simple as...so wat difference will it make to your little life if they do put on the match for an hour....people spent the money to see oasis yeah but people who spent that much deserve to have there cake and eat it as u say....were not goin to slane to watch a match but it would be unreal if they did show it please get a life and lighten up!!!

Is it so hard to arrange your day around seeing the match in the comfort of a pub/your home and going to Slane a little later, that is all I'm saying.....half this slane thread seems to be people asking about some Lions game, stressing themselves out about it? :rolleyes: Maybe they'll show it, but it's not like a world cup final is it? Like......majority (or at least half) of concert goers would have no interest so maybe be a waste of money and time broadcasting it?! I've other things to do tomorrow also so I'll be heading out to Slane a little later, I won't be asking the organisers to accomodate me by having a creche at Slane because I can't get a babysitter early enough...I'll just go a little later, problem solved......or maybe I should ask? :P:D:P

I'm light, I'm airy, I don't need to lighten up - I'm dead excited about tomorrow and I don't even know why I'm complainin about people asking about this match haha I'm a fairy :D But seriously, it's not hard to plan your day around it, seeing as the match in on so early!

Shabbah wrote: »
    I'm not wearing wellies, guna chance trainers I think, don't care if they get destroyed as long as I can stay upright......do the grounds of the castle in general get very mucky throughout the day? I know I can expect muck near the portaloos etc ...... Don't wanna lose a trainer in mud tho! :eek:
    2007 was a bit of a swamp alright. Some really muddy places, but you could just about manage.

• Advertisement

I never been to a slane concert im driving and want to meet friends who are getting the bus could they meet me in the car park i park in, or will you not be allowed into the car park if you have not parked a car there??

If anyone knows that has been there before

thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement