Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SLANE 2009 Oasis - All Discussion - No ticket sales.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

Having been to Oasis gigs before, I would not want to be working security on Saturday :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

wannabepr wrote: »
    Hi guys what time would we want to be queing up to get pit passes?? With pit passes I suppose we could Go to the bar & back freely without losing our spot too badly?

well,it was Cardiff and we only noticed because a few of the people working there seemed to be handing out the bands outside one of the gates,this was a few hours before the gig
    ntlbell wrote: »
    that's been pretty much it for the last few months with some small alterations never seen my big mouth on it :confused:

Yeah,it was great hearing them play it for the first time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭onlinegamer

more tickets have now come back online for this GiG so no need to worry about buying from ticket-touts or any where else

face valu and genuine from ticketmaster

enjoy the gig folks i know i will

Best Regards
    > AxA <

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭one2one

On the topic of tickets, could I point out to everyone that if travelling with Dublin Bus, there will be a ticket sales bus located at the top of Parnell Square west. Please do not join the Q to board the bus if you do not have a bus ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭eposhea

Hi Folks,

Need a little help if possible!

I was wondering if anyone knew of a pub/town/village or some place within walking distance to the Slane site where we could watch the Lions match on Saturday before heading into the gig?

Would be ideal to see it somewhere quite close!:):)

Cheers,
    EP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

^ didnt you already post that in a separate thread? :confused:

do bags get searched on the way into the place?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Hey guys whats the seating like in Slane, I have been offered to swap general admission for seating tickets. If I knew the stand wouldnt be to far away I would do my mate a favor and swap.
    Cannot find a seating plan anywhere any advice please.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

My mate needs a ticket and was wondering if ahyone has any ideas where to get one, we're up north.

Also i was on a site called my ticket market.com they seemed to be flogging tickets for £60.50 a pop i thought this looked to good to be true. Can anyone tell me if this would be genuine?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

bennyc wrote: »
    Hey guys whats the seating like in Slane, I have been offered to swap general admission for seating tickets. If I knew the stand wouldnt be to far away I would do my mate a favor and swap.
    Cannot find a seating plan anywhere any advice please.
    It's a bit all over the place tbh. Well it was for the Rolling Stones gig. And by that I mean there were stands dotted around the place and no one area. Most were pretty close enough to the stage though, about half way back.

I'm actually surprised that they have seating at this gig, I can understand for the Stones but not for Oasis.
    And I think having Stands at Slane takes away the the layout.

I think you can walk about in the general area anyway so having a seating ticket wouldn't limit you, but don't take that as gospel.

Oh and there's a huge difference in the cost of a seating ticket compared to GA ticket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

one2one wrote: »

Alcohol is not permitted on board the buses, either is smoking. Plain clothes Gardai will be heading out on buses to clamp down on this.
    Haha good luck with that one.
    firstly, woohoo, were allowed the discuss this gig, cos i got banned for asking about camping here a few weeks ago...............

annnnnywho...

just wondering if anybody knows what the story is with drink in the pit... i was at Oasis in Manchester city stadium in 2005 and it was a free for all beerfest everywhere, which meant all the people up front who were busting for a piss from all the drink, pissed into their plastic cups and thrown it over the crowd... loads of people were dripping head to toe in piss, it was disgusting, i myself got caught in it from some of the cross fire... wasn't happy about it.

can't wait for concert, but wont be going up front if thats the case... so people beware.

Christ, that made me laugh. Thanks for that! Probably wouldn't find it as fun if I was on the end of that golden shower though.

Also, was looking up the forecast today, it looks like it's going to be a scorcher lads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

My mate needs a ticket and was wondering if ahyone has any ideas where to get one, we're up north.

Also i was on a site called my ticket market.com they seemed to be flogging tickets for £60.50 a pop i thought this looked to good to be true. Can anyone tell me if this would be genuine?

Seems to be lots on toutless.com

cork*girl wrote: »
    ^

do bags get searched on the way into the place?

yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

do people get searched? :pac:

Yes. (Well sometimes)

cork*girl wrote: »
    do people get searched? :pac:
    Bags always get searched at gigs and people are generally frisked. And depending on the gig sometimes the body search is more thorough, i.e. checking wallets, socks, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Whats the chances of going down without a ticket and getting one on the day for face value?

PS are you allowed large bottles of sot drink in with you or will they be taken off you? Obviously these big bottles would be doctored with spirits!

Whats the chances of going down without a ticket and getting one on the day for face value?

PS are you allowed large bottles of sot drink in with you or will they be taken off you? Obviously these big bottles would be doctored with spirits!

You might want to read this. It answers all your questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Anyone know if tickets for Bus Eireann buses can only be bought online or can they be bought on the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 molli85

JUst rang met eireann! Its going to be hot, no rain expected all day wooooooooooo! Get the suncream in:D:D:D

Anyone know if tickets for Bus Eireann buses can only be bought online or can they be bought on the day?

There will be a ticket sales bus at Custom House Quay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 TheBigGuy

Can you bring chairs to slane? as in the little fold out ones?

TheBigGuy wrote: »
    Can you bring chairs to slane? as in the little fold out ones?

DO NOT:

• Do not bring glass, cans, alcohol, fireworks, laser pens or pointers, spikes, studs or anything dangerous, umbrellas, poles, fold up or blow up chairs or garden furniture, professional audio or visual recording equipment – you will not be allowed in with any of these items.
    • Do not park illegally. Towing in operation. Please follow signs to carparks.
    • Do not buy tickets from unofficial sources.
    • Do not rush the exits after the concert.
    • Do not crowd surf or mosh as you will be removed from the venue without refund.

But trust me on the sunscreen

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭garryowenman

Hi guys

Im attending the oasis concert in slane on saturday.

IM travelling by bus.Unfortunately the match is on the same day.

Ive been told that to watch the match at slane i will have to pay 150 extra to get access to the garda compound.

Does anybody know anywere were i could watch the match.
    I have been told that people are not allowed in to the village
    is this true?

Any help would be greatly appreciated from a lifelong rugby and oasis fan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Deise-Girl..xx

Someone just told me oasis might be cancelled due to a row between Liam and Noel. Was just listening to the news and it said nothing about it so am assuming it was just a joke. Don't wanna scare or annoy by posting this anyone just wondering if any one heard anything about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭TheKid

Got a ticket for slane garden vip area.never been before anyone got experience of garden package??

Never been to slane either, any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

one2one wrote: »
    Hi guys. This post is about the Dublin Bus special event service to Slane.

From Dublin Bus.ie

"Dublin Bus will operate a Special Bus transfer to Oasis at Slane Castle on Saturday 20th June 2009.

The buses will depart from Parnell Square West from 12:00hrs until 18:00hrs at a cost of €20.00.

The return service will operate directly after the event.

Bus tickets can be purchased from Dublin Bus, 59 Upper O’Connell Street, the Sound Cellar, Nassau Street and from any Ticketmaster outlet.
    "

Buses will start at 12pm and continue through the day, with buses leaving once they are full. There is usually a wait of 10minutes max between each bus leaving.

The buses used are normal city buses, so not alot of luggage can be held. You may be refused to board if you have too much luggage to bring on board.

Alcohol is not permitted on board the buses, either is smoking. Plain clothes Gardai will be heading out on buses to clamp down on this.

Dublin Bus just want us all to enjoy the gig, so hopefully there'll be no trouble.

Hope this helps.

Does that mean alcohol is not allowed to be consumed on board, or your not allowed bring it full stop??

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

The next user to start a new thread about anything relating to Slane is getting a week ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭-osborne-

i coming from mayo up to the gig and need to get to dublin after it,do ya think bus eireann would give me a lift?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭garryowenman

does anybody know is their shuttle buses from slane castle running to nearby towns?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement