Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SLANE 2009 Oasis - All Discussion - No ticket sales.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Shabbah

BaZmO* wrote: »
    2007 was a bit of a swamp alright. Some really muddy places, but you could just about manage.

:eek: Hmmm.....I would wear wellies but I'm not "good" with wellies :rolleyes: I'd probably creeel myself if I wore them! Stil think I'll chance the trainers, thanks for info tho :) HOpe some miracle happens overnight and all the land dries up.......

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

_kier_ wrote: »
    for everyones sake i hope you lighten up....

HaHa Did you sign up just to vent at that guy lol
    Good stuff!

I agree, I'm not pushed about the match but I know ppl that do would have an even better day if there was some way of seeing it there...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

joxers25 wrote: »
    Give Donohgues a call - they are running a bus from Navan

http://www.donoghuescoaches.com/7022.html

FYI these buses are diverting through Kells according to the woman I spoke to when I rang them. Huge detour but the road from Kells will have a lot less traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 _kier_

Bill-e wrote: »
    HaHa Did you sign up just to vent at that guy lol
    Good stuff!.

maybe i did hah no wonder!! grrrr i love rugby yet course im goin to oasis went to them in marley park before 3 yrs ago now i think they were unreal!! it would just be convienent if they had it on grrrrr i why do people complain this is a site for people askin questions not to get given out to hahha happy days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 _kier_

Shabbah wrote: »
    Is it so hard to arrange your day around seeing the match in the comfort of a pub/your home and going to Slane a little later, that is all I'm saying....

ehh actually it is hard to arrange my day around it... im leavin at half 8 in the mornin to be up in slane for hopefullyy about 2 and thats 2 ish so some people are going through alot of effort to make it up to the concert just cause u can leave late and miss the surprisingly good line up is one of the only plus` to been a dub......enjoy the concert hope u get there in time to take your seat no doubt in the grand stand....laterz....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Shabbah wrote: »
    :eek: Hmmm.....I would wear wellies but I'm not "good" with wellies :rolleyes: I'd probably creeel myself if I wore them! Stil think I'll chance the trainers, thanks for info tho :) HOpe some miracle happens overnight and all the land dries up.......
    Just bring plastic bags then. Put them over your socks on then put your runners on over them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 DarlingDucky

_kier_ wrote: »
    maybe i did hah no wonder!! grrrr i love rugby yet course im goin to oasis went to them in marley park before 3 yrs ago now i think they were unreal!! it would just be convienent if they had it on grrrrr i why do people complain this is a site for people askin questions not to get given out to hahha happy days

Went to marley park too was amazing lost my runners and socks in the midst of it all (was crammed right up at the top) found one runner then arouther was crowd surfed back to me haha was the best concert ever so if slanes anything like it im one happy person!!!

i so so cant wait im so excited fnsjkehkah thats fingers hitting the keyboard with excitment!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 rooney1984

Lads,

Anyone know if there gonna be showing the lions match on the big screens tomorrow. it be some laugh if they did.

I was at Slane back in 01 at U2, and they showed the Ireland Holland match on the Big screens.
    It was unreal when McAteer scored. the place went crazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 DarlingDucky

rooney1984 wrote: »
    Lads,

Anyone know if there gonna be showing the lions match on the big screens tomorrow. it be some laugh if they did.

I was at Slane back in 01 at U2, and they showed the Ireland Holland match on the Big screens.

haha theres gonna be a lot of cross people with you, read all of above!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭spiderman1885

Lads,

This is surely a sick joke!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 rooney1984

This is surely a sick joke!

whats so sick about it spiderman 1885.
    i just asked a simple question.

Im absolutely tired of people comin on to this and given out about other people askin questions that were previously asked.

maybe people like myself who dont have all day to be scroling down through comments looking for 1 peice of info., just want to come on to the messageboard and ask a question and hopefully to get a reply from a decent soul.....and to not get a smartalic comment from people like you

if ya want to reply to a worth while question....DO,
    Otherwise....DONT.

Theres nothing more iritating than people throwing out smart comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

I reckon you could have gotten your answer by pressing page up once...
    you must be a very important and busy person tho, so to answer your question. It's not very likely. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭spiderman1885

whats so sick about it spiderman 1885.
    i just asked a simple question.

Im absolutely tired of people comin on to this and given out about other people askin questions that were previously asked.

maybe people like myself who dont have all day to be scroling down through comments looking for 1 peice of info., just want to come on to the messageboard and ask a question and hopefully to get a reply from a decent soul.....and to not get a smartalic comment from people like you

if ya want to reply to a worth while question....DO,
    Otherwise....DONT.

Theres nothing more iritating than people throwing out smart comments.

It's been asked an answered about 10 times, I want to see it too but my god just read the thread!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

NEXT PERSON THAT MENTIONS THE MATCH UNLESS TO CONFIRM IT BEING SHOWED OR NOT GETS A BAN.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

It's been asked an answered about 10 times, I want to see it too but my god just read the thread!
    I agree its also possible to search on the thread too.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭tony231974

The best way to smuggle in beer is to drink it before you go in. :)

Hence the mule

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭alfaz

Just in case no one has seen, there is more tickets been released on Ticketmaster.

Didn't look back through the thread, may have already been said :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

alfaz wrote: »
    Just in case no one has seen, there is more tickets been released on Ticketmaster.

Didn't look back through the thread, may have already been said :pac:

Does anyone know if they'll be selling tickets outside it? Planning on getting one on the day either off someone who has a spare or ticketmaster themselves if they have a booth set up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Paleface wrote: »
    Does anyone know if they'll be selling tickets outside it? Planning on getting one on the day either off someone who has a spare or ticketmaster themselves if they have a booth set up.

frted.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Special K

Hi guys, sorry for the [possibly silly] question, but taxi is recommended from Drogheda yes? How far away do they drop you off? Is it a really long walk? Plus I don't have any wellies - so trainers it is. Was going to wear my knee high boots but don't want them to get destroyed! Also, realistically, what time should you be heading to the gig at?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭one2one

Head up about 12. No Q-ing before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

Special K wrote: »
    Hi guys, sorry for the [possibly silly] question, but taxi is recommended from Drogheda yes? How far away do they drop you off? Is it a really long walk? Plus I don't have any wellies - so trainers it is. Was going to wear my knee high boots but don't want them to get destroyed! Also, realistically, what time should you be heading to the gig at?

You should be dropped off at the barriers, nearly at the village. After that if you just want to go straight down to the concert its probably a 25-30 min walk (downhill!!) but theres a few nice pubs on the way. Should only take 15-25 mins from Drog to Slane so just leave yourself plenty of time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

First time in Slane, I'd like to be there for the Prodigy & Oasis concert, not interested in the other supporting groups. Do you think it would be ok to be in Slane by 5/6 pm in the afternoon or should I try to be there by 2pm when they open the gates anyway?

Also will be parking there, will there be any problem to get out of the car park after the concert (apart from the traffic), and the car par safe enough for my Fiat Punto? :) are the directions to the car park clear?

Thank you....can't wait for tomorrow! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Dont wanna buy tickets here. Just wanna know where would best place be to buy a ticket in Dublin city centre tomorrow? I assume the Parnell Square place where the busses leave from? Dont wanna buy from ticketmaster as people are selling spares for below face value on toutless etc but i left it too late to buy one and travel to collect them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Anybody know if the US open golf tournament will be shown live on the big screen?

:P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Anybody know if the US open golf tournament will be shown live on the big screen?

:P

Next one and it's a two week ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

Hi all, earlier today my mini submarine arrived! It was supposed to arrive last Tuesday :mad: Anyway, I got for less then the price of a ticket for Slane and it has 4 seats and some luggage space :D
    I'll be captaining, and my mate will be on guard with the periscope, so we have two spare seats for anyone who wants to take the voyage across the Boyne (preferably female, and remember the weather forecast is good ;)).
    Unfortunately there isn't much luggage space left for our passengers as we already have crates of beer, bottles whiskey/vodka/gin, various mixers, chairs, umbrellas, survival/first aid kits, explosives, self defense weapons etc etc.
    Any takers?
    Also, anyone know a good place to submerge?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭tony231974

Thank God it's finally hear,no more stupid questions.So everybody go and enjoy the best day of the summer your going to have for years! Mad 4 it ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

do you think if I get there at 5/6 pm is too late to find a car park? I am just interested in Prodigy/Oasis....thx

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,062 ✭✭✭✭beertons

TripleAce wrote: »
    do you think if I get there at 5/6 pm is too late to find a car park? I am just interested in Prodigy/Oasis....thx

You'll be grand. You'll be in the furthest car park from the gig, and will have the longest walk ahead of you. Don't worry about it!

Oasis!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement