Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SLANE 2009 Oasis - All Discussion - No ticket sales.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 tayto2009

how much for a pint???? cant wait kasabian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

lordgoat wrote: »
    The next user to start a new thread about anything relating to Slane is getting a week ban.

You will behave better in future or face a longer ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Why do people keep asking the same questions over and over? Most of the answers are on the Ticketmaster website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SparklingFairy

Hey,

Does anyone know how strick they are about bringing drink into slane, like if i put Vodlka into a water bottle will they take it off me???

also do they check thoroughly ur back packs??? might think of a way of sneeking drinkk into the place if needs be :D

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,434 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

With regards to drink, just remember, this is not the first gig ever to be held in Ireland! Little ideas you have of sneaking in drink, are well known! Plastic bottles are the best way. I would recommend to bring spare bottle lids, as they will take them off you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 SparklingFairy

Thanks for your reply..... well i only intended on sneeking in drink if i wasn gonna be allowed bring it in plastic bottles so i assume from ur post that it will be fine to have spirits in a water bottle..?? minus the lid :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 QueenBeeBee

Hey, i'm headin to Slane on Saturday, it says no cameras on d ticket, but just wonderin does dat mean like professional equiptment or will they not allow just normal cameras in either???????

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Hey, i'm headin to Slane on Saturday, it says no cameras on d ticket, but just wonderin does dat mean like professional equiptment or will they not allow just normal cameras in either???????
    You're right, generally it means no professional equipment. You'll be fine with a standard small camera, sure you only have to go to any gig now to see how many people bring cameras.

The no cameras rule is generally just there on the t&c's as a legal disclaimer.

But having said that, "if" they wanted to they could confiscate the camera or refuse admission but I've never ever seen it being done.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭theniall

Hey will it be possible to buy tickets for the dublin bus journey on the day from parnell street, I can't seem to buy them from ticketmaster online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

theniall wrote: »
    Hey will it be possible to buy tickets for the dublin bus journey on the day from parnell street, I can't seem to buy them from ticketmaster online
    Yes. If not from Parnell St. then from Dublin Bus' central office.

• Advertisement

Pace2008 wrote: »

Thanks man, not a chance they will be sold out and ill be stranded right :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Not a chance.

Cheers, that's a load off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

more tickets back on sale on www.ticketmaster.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Lads i have two tickets for slane, now the missus says she'd rather go to metallica, is there anyway i can swap them at a ticketmaster? (Mods, i am not trying to sell just asking a quick question!)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Pace2008 wrote: »

They be selling them out of a "Ticket Bus" near the buses.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Just bought two tickets via ticketmaster printout. How hard/easy is it to pick up the tickets down there? is it hard to find or very time consuming?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

zero19 wrote: »
    Lads i have two tickets for slane, now the missus says she'd rather go to metallica, is there anyway i can swap them at a ticketmaster? (Mods, i am not trying to sell just asking a quick question!)

Nope, all sales at Ticketmaster are final.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

Just bought two tickets via ticketmaster printout. How hard/easy is it to pick up the tickets down there? is it hard to find or very time consuming?

Did you not just print them out off your computer? Or are they the pick up tickets? If so then there will be a ticketmaster booth/trailer at both entrances to the castle on the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

our tickets are just print outs I think.. my friend has them.. is that correct or will we need to pick them up or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

beardo81 wrote: »
    Did you not just print them out off your computer? Or are they the pick up tickets? If so then there will be a ticketmaster booth/trailer at both entrances to the castle on the day.
    I'm confused.com i printed out something which i thought was a page which will let me pick up the tickets down there. Now i'm not sure. the print out i have says on top right hand corner 'This is your ticket' 'Present this entire page at the event' then theres a print out of what appears to be a ticket on it. theres a load of garbage underneath this but at the bottom right there is a barcode.

Now at the risk of sounding completely stupid will this be accepted at the gate or will i have to exchange it at a booth before i go in! would like to know before i go is all!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Nialloooo

Hi does any one know is there i bus traveling from wexford to slane??

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RastaRed

Nialloooo wrote: »
    Hi does any one know is there i bus traveling from wexford to slane??

Fleetline coaches are doing 2 buses from wexford to slane €30 return, theyre picking me up in gorey at 7.45, start off at wexford town at 7am:eek:
    give them a ring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭smois

I'm confused.com i printed out something which i thought was a page which will let me pick up the tickets down there. Now i'm not sure. the print out i have says on top right hand corner 'This is your ticket' 'Present this entire page at the event' then theres a print out of what appears to be a ticket on it. theres a load of garbage underneath this but at the bottom right there is a barcode.

Now at the risk of sounding completely stupid will this be accepted at the gate or will i have to exchange it at a booth before i go in! would like to know before i go is all!
    im in the exact same situation bit o help anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭wexican

RastaRed wrote: »
    Fleetline coaches are doing 2 buses from wexford to slane €30 return, theyre picking me up in gorey at 7.45, start off at wexford town at 7am:eek:
    give them a ring

7.45 in the am?? fook thats an early start isnt it!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

we are leaving from midleton at 7am..

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭RodVelvet

Hi, I think you used the ticketfast method rather than box office collection. With ticketfast you basically print out the ticket and on entrance to slane the barcode on the ticket is scanned thus giving you entry. You will have received an email confirming if you used the ticketfast method.

Once the ticket is printed its pretty much the same as a standard ticketmaster ticket. It has a front and back and says this is your ticket on it in a pdf format. Once you have a barcode on it happy days just print it out and present it on the day. The ticket you have can only be scanned once so don't leave any copies around when you print it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 nmg-lky

i cant wait to get blocked and not remember a thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭smois

anyone have any idea what the average price of a pint will be

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 finofart

around €5 :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement