Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SLANE 2009 Oasis - All Discussion - No ticket sales.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭hoooooooot

Hey, pretty sure this hasnt been answered already, how long is bus journey from parnell to slane?? oh nd realistically what time would u expect to be back in dublin at say...leaving before last song or two and hopping back on dublin bus shuttle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭The Hustler

Argh! Gotta miss this now- got a call yesterday to say I got the job that I went to the interview for, but gotta start on Saturday :(

Suppose it's a small price to pay for a job though

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Argh! Gotta miss this now- got a call yesterday to say I got the job that I went to the interview for, but gotta start on Saturday :(

Suppose it's a small price to pay for a job though

Say you're out of the country for the wknd. Unless you have already said you can start on Sat.

Oh and well done on getting a job in these harsh times!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RastaRed

wexican wrote: »
    7.45 in the am?? fook thats an early start isnt it!?

beer for breakfast mmmmmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

molli85 wrote: »
    JUst rang met eireann! Its going to be hot, no rain expected all day wooooooooooo! Get the suncream in:D:D:D

There website says different.

16 degrees with rain expected. 12kph wind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

GrumPy wrote: »
    There website says different.

16 degrees with rain expected. 12kph wind.
    It does now but it didn't yesterday.

As is normally the case with weather forecasts it depends what site you check. The general consensus seems to be that there's a 20% chance of precipitation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

I'm confused.com i printed out something which i thought was a page which will let me pick up the tickets down there. Now i'm not sure. the print out i have says on top right hand corner 'This is your ticket' 'Present this entire page at the event' then theres a print out of what appears to be a ticket on it. theres a load of garbage underneath this but at the bottom right there is a barcode.

Now at the risk of sounding completely stupid will this be accepted at the gate or will i have to exchange it at a booth before i go in! would like to know before i go is all!

Yeh thats your ticket alrite, theyll scan the barcode so make sure you dont get it wet or smudged on the day as theyll refuse entry if they cant scan it i reckon!! :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Reading over this thread you would think people have never been to a concert before, I'm not having a go at anyone but most of the questions asked have common sense answers!

Beer is going to be 6 euro at least!
    You can't bring alcohol in unless you can sneak it passed the security. :(
    They will search all bags and probably frisk the dodgy looking people (you know who you are) ;)
    Dublin bus have loads and loads of busses coming and going, after the concert you have a long walk to get a bus, just don't loose your ticket or you could be stranded in Slane! (I think there is a mini dublin bus selling tickets for these situations)
    There is no camping in Slane and anyone found pitching a tent ;) will be removed by the guards!

People who bought their tickets on ticketmaster and printed them out, there is a barcode that will be scanned the same as there is on all tickets you would normally get!

I would advice you to bring a bottle top with you as they remove all bottle tops from drinks bought on site and I think any you bring in with you! (Water is alowed in, not sure on soft drinks)

I had a mini panic last night looking for the tickets they weren't were I had left them (well they were but they had fallen out of my site)

Can't wait for the gig and I hope the rain holds off!

Dress appropriately this is Ireland, it can rain at any time without warning, don't be an @rsehole and respect the residents of Slane village!! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

whats this about?

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Reading over this thread you would think people have never been to a concert before, I'm not having a go at anyone but most of the questions asked have common sense answers!
    Indeed.

All the information is either available on the Ticketmaster website or on you confirmation email.

Beer is going to be 6 euro at least!
    Actually. The cost of a beer is normally €5 at gigs.
    It tends to make it easier for all parties concerned in that there's less messing about with change etc.

• Advertisement

nm wrote: »
    whats this about?
    Did you even read the picture you posted? :rolleyes:

It quite clearly states that "These tickets are still available to be purchased in outlets nation wide"

And as has been said many many many times there will be tickets available from Dublin Bus HQ on the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 MsTempermental

hey,
    theres a few campsites done by locals which the guards can't remove you from but I live locally and the one nearest to the concert is Slane hostel, your only across the road from the castle gates, you get to it from the Navan road to Slane.

Slane village will be shut down to non resident pass holders pretty early on friday and if your hopin to get into the village to see the match the only way this will happen is if your coming from Drogehda or from the north of the village i.e from Cullen, the Dublin and Navan entrances do not bring you into the village itself. The Navan side has a pitch and putt club that may or may not let you in to watch the match ask nicely ya never know :)

There are usually big skips full of confiscated drink at the entrances :( so if your bringin it be really cute about where you hide it! They do search you but they won't take away food also for the smokers out there maybe it's just me but the security lady removed my cigs from the packet to check for contraband (she didnt find it!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

don't be an @rsehole and respect the residents of Slane village!! :cool:

+1 to that!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭simons104

Any idea if theyll show d match on a big screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

hoooooooot wrote: »
    Hey, pretty sure this hasnt been answered already, how long is bus journey from parnell to slane?? oh nd realistically what time would u expect to be back in dublin at say...leaving before last song or two and hopping back on dublin bus shuttle?

Ya, I'd like to know this as well please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭ooter

hey,
    Slane village will be shut down to non resident pass holders pretty early on friday and if your hopin to get into the village to see the match the only way this will happen is if your coming from Drogehda or from the north of the village i.e from Cullen, the Dublin and Navan entrances do not bring you into the village itself.

i have been told that the village will be closed from 9am on the saturday morning,is this true or will you get in after that time if you're coming from the drogheda side?
    if i have to i'll head in to the village before 9am but i'd prefer to leave it till a bit later if i could...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Shinners23

Hi All,

Just a quick question.... I'm staying in the D- Hotel in Drogheda.. Will i have any problems getting to VIP carpark coming from Drogheda? The VIP carpark is on the Navan Side of Slane.

Thanks a mil

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

We're not cool enough here to know where the VIP carpark is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Wolff

the VIP car park - if I were you I go through Donore to the car park - bypass the village completely

Wolff wrote: »
    the VIP car park - if I were you I go through Donore to the car park - bypass the village completely

Thanks for that Wolff, much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lilyrose

ooter wrote: »
    i have been told that the village will be closed from 9am on the saturday morning,is this true or will you get in after that time if you're coming from the drogheda side?
    if i have to i'll head in to the village before 9am but i'd prefer to leave it till a bit later if i could...

It depends where you are coming form - our bus drops us in collon and we walk from there into the village - all pubs are opened and completly jammed so if your there round 12 it would probably be your best bet. As far as i know it is not possible to get into village from the Dublin side but i could be wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 dymondz

Shinners23 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Just a quick question.... I'm staying in the D- Hotel in Drogheda.. Will i have any problems getting to VIP carpark coming from Drogheda? The VIP carpark is on the Navan Side of Slane.

Thanks a mil

Yes its on the Navan side. Your best to go through Donore village Keep straight until you come out at the N2. Take the road straight across from you and keep going until you come to a Top petrol station. Take a right. Keep going straight and theres signposts to the VIP carpark from there on.

dymondz wrote: »
    Yes its on the Navan side. Your best to go through Donore village Keep straight until you come out at the N2. Take the road straight across from you and keep going until you come to a Top petrol station. Take a right. Keep going straight and theres signposts to the VIP carpark from there on.

that's perfect Dymondz, that's a million.

Hope everyone has a great day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 dymondz

Anyone know how far the barriers are from the Navan side??
    We will be travelling from Navan direction. Would it be better to get a taxi or shuttle bus from Navan itself? Would the shuttle bus get further to the village than a taxi?
    Taxi fare from Navan would be about 12e for the 4 of us.
    Bus fare is 7e a head so 28e for the 4 of us.

A taxi could work out very expensive from Navan, barriers start at wiggers cross at Stackallen although motor traffic can get through for another while, it basically goes like this...you can go as far as there is room to go the later you arrive the more you will walk! Taxis will be crawling getting through.

They may not lock down the village until Saturday morning now but I can guarantee you that you will not get into the village without a residents pass on Saturday from the Navan or Dublin side, unless of course you befriend a local and they are nice enough to give you theirs! During previous years those coming from Drogheda are brought through the village to an entrance, unless they changed it (I didnt go last year!).

The best way to get to the VIP carpark is to head for the Hayestown petrol station which is the Top Shop, cross Stackallen bridge, at the top of the hill turn right, but it will all be signposted.

Taxi fare from Navan would be about 12e for the 4 of us.

No way hun, taxi to mine is 13 e and I'm way before Slane, its all meters now and if you get stuck in traffic its either pay the big whack or walk, I'd go with bus shuttle bus!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ant_moore123

Anyone ever camp/sleep in their car in the VIP car park?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 peadar91

are you able 2 bring drink into slane?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

My brother gets to see the gig for free. Damn connections :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,089 ✭✭✭mada999

ooter wrote: »

closed from 7am afaik

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement