Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SLANE 2009 Oasis - All Discussion - No ticket sales.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Penny1624 wrote: »
    Just wondering about this also. We are travelling with Dublin Bus and one of the lads coming with us is disabled. Was told today that it's an hours walk back to the bus and I am really hoping this isn't true cos he wouldn't be able to handle it if is that far.

Hey Penny,

If your friend is disabled I wouldn't recommend coming down the Dublin road. The bus stops about 2km from the village and you are then ussered through the wood and get nowhere near the village. Not very wheelchair friendly.

My advise is to go to Drogheda and order a taxi, have it booked in advance. As your friend is disabled the guards at the barrier should let it drive into the village if your early enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

I'll clear this up for you guys, this is what we and everyone else has done for years. There are a couple of official parking locations (fields) near the venue. Park your car/van/campervan, sort your tent and have fun. There are also always a few other 'local' fields used for parking and there is never any bother setting up your tent and camping. Just clean up after yourselves and have a bit of respect for everyone. Arrive good and early so you can relax in your field with your mates and your beer and whatever else (?) before heading into the gig. If the weather is good the walk, only a couple k's, is great craic because everyone is up and ready for the gig.

Remember, they are not gonna even attempt to clear out packed fields of drunken revellers after a full day event like this unless things have drastically changed. I/we have done this (along with thousands more) for Queen (I was only a young lad), Guns n' Roses, ReM, and the Rolling Stones only 2 years ago.

So go and enjoy and have some respect for your fellow revellers, no one likes arseh*les.

you got it all covered there man, fair play to ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Penny1624

That sounds like a really good option Wile.
    I'd prefer to lose the money we paid for the bus tickets than for him to have to suffer a long walk like that.
    I don't know why we didn't think of this when we booked them. None of us have been to Slane before and thought the buses would get quite close.
    You live and learn!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,958 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

you got it all covered there man, fair play to ya

Cheers, enjoy the gig. Seen Oasis supporting REM, wasn't expecting much but they were brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 molli85

Hey there guys,
    Just wondering if any of ye can remember from previous experience, what alcohol is served at Slane?
    Are there any spirits, cider or wine served?
    and rough prices if ye can remember?

Thanks for your help!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Theres a slane thread in which the third post covers your question.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pauliebhoy

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Theres a slane thread in which the third post covers your question.

Im going with Dublin Bus, i was gonna bring a few cans & drink them b4 going into the concert, will i get the chance?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Cheers, enjoy the gig. Seen Oasis supporting REM, wasn't expecting much but they were brilliant.

I must have been at a different Slane to you. Because the one i was at they were shi'te boo'd off stage. They also never finished their set and left their guitars on feedback while they stormed off. To which most of the crowd where i was were singing Blur's 'All the people to them'. Hilarious and one of my best concert memories.

Someone threw their shoe at one of the gallaghers as well, (not sure if it hit him or not) Sharon Shannon was better at Slane that year. Fact!

pauliebhoy wrote: »
    Im going with Dublin Bus, i was gonna bring a few cans & drink them b4 going into the concert, will i get the chance?

Have a read of the entire thread. Most of your pressing and very urgent issues have already been dealt with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭shano_88

Im coming up from tipperary and were staying in the travel lodge in castleknock the friday night. Were planning on getting a bus to slane that morning . Where can we get a bus to slane from? I know its probably somewhere in the city centre but im not very familar with dublin.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

shano_88 wrote: »
    Im coming up from tipperary and were staying in the travel lodge in castleknock the friday night. Were planning on getting a bus to slane that morning . Where can we get a bus to slane from? I know its probably somewhere in the city centre but im not very familar with dublin.........

Bus from the Navan Road (just outside the travel lodge) into town, then either a Dublin Bus from Parnell Square West or Bus Eireann from Custom House Quay (check their sites for info on buses).

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bailefionn

Does anyone know if theres a bus being organised from galway to this years slane? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 pacman murphy

Are there going to be buses going from Navan to Slane throughout the day of the concert

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭mspacman

Hey there!!

It's been a while since I've been to Slane (8yrs to be precise) so I'm a little rusty on the goings-on and also, think things may have changed a little! Wooooooooo OASIS!!!!!!!!

As far as I remember it's quiet a walk into the actual arena from the entrance...so we're thinking of getting a taxi, to take us down to be there at 12.30. Probably won't be that much in way of crowds by then, should be no problem getting into the pit by then should there?!

I was over at Oasis gig in Manchester last weekend, and seriously, the pit was massive. Apparently there were 20,000 pit bands issued! We were right up the front of the main section and there was a huge 50ft gap between the pit and our section!! Couldn't even see Oasis on stage!!!! So I'm getting into the pit this time!!!!!

Also, alcohol. I remember last time I was there, there were three security points, and they took our bottles/cans off us at the final point. Is it still the same? Any way you can bring in plastic bottles (minus the caps) or cans?!

Anyone else going to THE GIG OF THE YEAR??????? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭mspacman

yellowcurl wrote: »
    Sorry if this has already been asked, but had a bit of a look and couldn't find anything else!

Has Oasis at Slane sold out? Or is the ticketmaster website just being annoying today??

Thanks a million to anyone who can tell me!

And sorry everyone if this Q has been asked a million times! :D

I went to see Oasis in Manchester last weekend and the gig was sold out. But tickets were selling for £10 (retailed at £45)....so if you're looking for tickets, I'd say get out to Slane early on Saturday morning and chance your arm with a tout. They have over-bought on tickets and will be desperate to sell....it's a buyers market! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

whats the story with bringing in bags? supose its ok to bring in a rucksack type thing.. like a jansport bag or whatever.. with some food. will it get searched? are they strict on ages at the bar does anyone know? 6days short of being legal :confused:

mspacman wrote: »
    I went to see Oasis in Manchester last weekend and the gig was sold out. But tickets were selling for £10 (retailed at £45)....so if you're looking for tickets, I'd say get out to Slane early on Saturday morning and chance your arm with a tout. They have over-bought on tickets and will be desperate to sell....it's a buyers market! ;)

Or ignore this advice and use toutless.com

Please do not support touting in any form.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

mspacman wrote: »
    Hey there!!

It's been a while since I've been to Slane (8yrs to be precise) so I'm a little rusty on the goings-on and also, think things may have changed a little! Wooooooooo OASIS!!!!!!!!

As far as I remember it's quiet a walk into the actual arena from the entrance...so we're thinking of getting a taxi, to take us down to be there at 12.30. Probably won't be that much in way of crowds by then, should be no problem getting into the pit by then should there?!

I was over at Oasis gig in Manchester last weekend, and seriously, the pit was massive. Apparently there were 20,000 pit bands issued! We were right up the front of the main section and there was a huge 50ft gap between the pit and our section!! Couldn't even see Oasis on stage!!!! So I'm getting into the pit this time!!!!!

Also, alcohol. I remember last time I was there, there were three security points, and they took our bottles/cans off us at the final point. Is it still the same? Any way you can bring in plastic bottles (minus the caps) or cans?!

Anyone else going to THE GIG OF THE YEAR??????? :)

20,000 pit bands?I was at Oasis in Cardiff over the weekend and it was 3000 pit bands released

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 DomShelley

Hi Guys/Gals,

First time going to slane, just wondering what the parking is like, are the cars safe from being scratched or is it adequate ?

Also what is the best time to arrive to beat most of the traffic ?

And after the event is it easy enough to get out of the car park or will i be blocked in by someone for the night ???

An help would be great.

Thanks,
    Comon Oasis !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭DanGlee

firstly, woohoo, were allowed the discuss this gig, cos i got banned for asking about camping here a few weeks ago...............

annnnnywho...

just wondering if anybody knows what the story is with drink in the pit... i was at Oasis in Manchester city stadium in 2005 and it was a free for all beerfest everywhere, which meant all the people up front who were busting for a piss from all the drink, pissed into their plastic cups and thrown it over the crowd... loads of people were dripping head to toe in piss, it was disgusting, i myself got caught in it from some of the cross fire... wasn't happy about it.

can't wait for concert, but wont be going up front if thats the case... so people beware.

also, whats the capacity of slane

nb... sorry for bad grammar, my shift key is broke, so can't put exclamation or question marks etc, its really annoying...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭jmck87

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me if there will be any bus services going to Slane from Swords? Or even close to Swords would be good (Malahide, Lusk etc.)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Trying to get bus sorted to slane. What time do gates open and what time should we aim to be there at? Also what would be a safe time to book my busman to come back for us?

Any advice would be appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭niamh4626

Anyone know what the sing line up for oasis is going to be? I want be to well rehearsed!!!!!:D

1. ****in' In The Bushes
    2. Rock 'n' Roll Star
    3. Lyla
    4. The Shock Of The Lightning
    5. Roll With It
    6. Cigarettes & Alcohol
    7. The Meaning Of Soul
    8. To Be Where There's Life
    9. Waiting For The Rapture
    10. The Masterplan
    11. Songbird
    12. Slide Away
    13. Morning Glory
    14. My Big Mouth
    15. The Importance Of Being Idle
    16. Half The World Away
    17. I'm Outta Time
    18. Wonderwall
    19. Live Forever
    20. Supersonic
    21. Don't Look Back In Anger
    22. Falling Down
    23. Champagne Supernova
    24. I Am The Walrus (The beetles cover)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭The Hustler

Anyone got the weather forecast for the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Here you go lads, hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭wannabepr

jackncoke wrote: »
    20,000 pit bands?I was at Oasis in Cardiff over the weekend and it was 3000 pit bands released
    Hi guys what time would we want to be queing up to get pit passes?? With pit passes I suppose we could Go to the bar & back freely without losing our spot too badly?

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭doyler442

I'll clear this up for you guys, this is what we and everyone else has done for years. There are a couple of official parking locations (fields) near the venue. Park your car/van/campervan, sort your tent and have fun. There are also always a few other 'local' fields used for parking and there is never any bother setting up your tent and camping. Just clean up after yourselves and have a bit of respect for everyone. Arrive good and early so you can relax in your field with your mates and your beer and whatever else (?) before heading into the gig. If the weather is good the walk, only a couple k's, is great craic because everyone is up and ready for the gig.

Remember, they are not gonna even attempt to clear out packed fields of drunken revellers after a full day event like this unless things have drastically changed. I/we have done this (along with thousands more) for Queen (I was only a young lad), Guns n' Roses, ReM, and the Rolling Stones only 2 years ago.

So go and enjoy and have some respect for your fellow revellers, no one likes arseh*les.

Hi

I'm just wondering will any of these car parks be open on the Friday night because thats when I was going to head up - was going to stay in the campsite which is 25e for the weekend? Is this parking free?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

niamh4626 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the sing line up for oasis is going to be? I want be to well rehearsed!!!!!:D

1. ****in' In The Bushes
    2. Rock 'n' Roll Star
    3. Lyla
    4. The Shock Of The Lightning
    5. Roll With It
    6. Cigarettes & Alcohol
    7. The Meaning Of Soul
    8. To Be Where There's Life
    9. Waiting For The Rapture
    10. The Masterplan
    11. Songbird
    12. Slide Away
    13. Morning Glory
    14. My Big Mouth
    15. The Importance Of Being Idle
    16. Half The World Away
    17. I'm Outta Time
    18. Wonderwall
    19. Live Forever
    20. Supersonic
    21. Don't Look Back In Anger
    22. Falling Down
    23. Champagne Supernova
    24. I Am The Walrus (The beetles cover)

that's been pretty much it for the last few months with some small alterations never seen my big mouth on it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭purcela

any idea if the lions match will be on the big screen? they had the ireland holland match a few years ago at the u2 gig

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭one2one

Hi guys. This post is about the Dublin Bus special event service to Slane.

From Dublin Bus.ie

"Dublin Bus will operate a Special Bus transfer to Oasis at Slane Castle on Saturday 20th June 2009.

The buses will depart from Parnell Square West from 12:00hrs until 18:00hrs at a cost of €20.00.

The return service will operate directly after the event.

Bus tickets can be purchased from Dublin Bus, 59 Upper O’Connell Street, the Sound Cellar, Nassau Street and from any Ticketmaster outlet.

"

Buses will start at 12pm and continue through the day, with buses leaving once they are full. There is usually a wait of 10minutes max between each bus leaving.

The buses used are normal city buses, so not alot of luggage can be held. You may be refused to board if you have too much luggage to bring on board.

Alcohol is not permitted on board the buses, either is smoking. Plain clothes Gardai will be heading out on buses to clamp down on this.

Dublin Bus just want us all to enjoy the gig, so hopefully there'll be no trouble.

Hope this helps.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement