Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football anyone?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

klong wrote: »
    "Us" as in the Rag Week team? :-(

At the minute yeah, but there are "jerseys" [t-shirts] available for anybody who might want one afaik

I'm possibly getting Connect support

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Well if its for charidee, that's not a problem. I suppose they're the skin-tight ones like the Ireland rugby jerseys, yeah? :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 1wildwolf

I was just wondering what the possibility was of joining in with this Friday afternoon game that i've heard mentioned....have heard that it is a fairly open event so was checking if it was on n stuff?

Afaik this evenings game is still going ahead. Its predominately foreign students and some Irish [from boards mostly too]

I think kick-off is between 3:30-4pm on the astro.

I wont be there myself this week due to project work :(

Sweet, I might go down and check it out then...I am technically an international student after all :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Jerseys!!!!

Dey better not be Man Utd ones!!!

Put up a pic.... UL Boardsies!!!

What name shall we pick for the team?????

Has to be something cool...

:D:D:D

DJCR wrote: »
    Jerseys!!!!

I have enough Man Utd jerseys to give to you all, but I wouldnt do that to you!

I havent gotten a look at the jerseys as of yet, hopefully on Monday we'll have them. We'll make sure to get pics next week alright.

As for a name....hmmmmmmm...I'll have to think about that..

Btw, any idea when the first game is on?

Haven't a clue ...... Are we getting our boardsie names on the back????

Hehehe... cheesy but fun!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm in Connect, and I we are getting t-shirts next week, for some RAG week thingy we are doing...I dunno the details, I havent been too involved in it unfortunately....

I told them I'd get our team to wear them if Connect dont enter a team :)

There are a few Connect people on the team already anyhow :)

:D:D

Ah .... cool enough!!!

Will use paper transfers to stick our names on the back!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Mossin wrote: »
    I'm in Connect, and I we are getting t-shirts next week, for some RAG week thingy we are doing...I dunno the details, I havent been too involved in it unfortunately....
    Could be the connect carnival. Think that's on Tuesday morning.

rats, couldn't find that game, well, there wasnt anyone down there 5 minutes ago... maybe i was too early?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ULPaddy

1wildwolf wrote: »
    rats, couldn't find that game, well, there wasnt anyone down there 5 minutes ago... maybe i was too early?!

As far as I know it is happening. Wasn't able go myself - an exhausting week and a lot of university stuff to catch-up on.

Yeah, the T-Shirts are for the Connect Carnival - Here's the Facebook Event for anyone who's interested.

It's due to take place Tuesday from 11-3pm in the SU Courtyard (weather permitting) and is basically all about having a bit of fun... and raising money for charity of course! :D:D:D

ULPaddy wrote: »
    As far as I know it is happening. Wasn't able go myself - an exhausting week and a lot of university stuff to catch-up on.

hmm, was done there 10 minutes ago and couldn't see anyone....astro turf same place as the monday night game yes?

is very confused!

Jerseys!!!!

Any chance of a place on the team? We'd win all our matches...except one :D

Hey guys,

was just talking to the 'sponsor' of our "Jerseys" for the 5-Aside they're due in on Tuesday morning. :)

Hey guys,

was just talking to the 'sponsor' of our "Jerseys" for the 5-Aside they're due in on Tuesday morning. :)

Sweet, thats if we are still playing on Tuesday :)

Sweet, thats if we are still playing on Tuesday :)

Glad to see your confidence in the side! ;) :rolleyes:

Speaking of still playing on tuesday, when is it that we find-out when we're playing? Anyone know? :confused:

I'm guessing with rag week on that there isn't any football tonight?

1wildwolf wrote: »
    I'm guessing with rag week on that there isn't any football tonight?

There was talks of soccer going ahead tonight, with a slab of beer on the sidelines, but we decided against it....We'll try organise a game for next Monday [and yes I know its the week off]
    Glad to see your confidence in the side! ;) :rolleyes:

Speaking of still playing on tuesday, when is it that we find-out when we're playing? Anyone know? :confused:

Well, we found out when we were playing, and we were late, and so missed the first game resulting in a forfeit! Disastrous start for TEAM 13....13 wasnt to be an unlucky number for the team :)

With myself, Viv, B.A.Baracus and DJCR playing well below our usual standards we took an awful beating in the first game [supposedly our 2nd game]
    We put that down to rustiness, and went out with a greater purpose in the next game, and led 2-1 going into HT, with 2 goals from myself. The second half saw a slip in concentration, as we went 3-2 down. A penalty [and my hattrick goal] saw us draw level, but a last gasp winner saw us lose 4-3. It was a devastating defeat!
    The final game saw our team depleted as members had to leave and saw us with only 6 players, therefore only 1 sub. We started like a house on fire, and went 4-0 up [2 goals from me, a goal from B.A.Baracus and a goal from Tiernan], with the HT score 4-1. With thoughts of victory in our heads, we took the foot off the gas, and the others took full advantage. 2 goals from DJCR in the second half kept us well in the game, but we succumbed to some good football, but earned a credible 6-6 draw in the end.

In the end we almost propped up the table, but the 6-6 draw gave us a point, leaving us 4th of 5 :)
    It was great craic, but we needed more players, as we were wrecked by the end of the 1st game.

A team photo was taken, which will hopefully be uploaded by Viv asap.

• Advertisement

A team photo was taken, which will hopefully be uploaded by Viv asap.

Oh God !!! :P:P:P

Well, if I'd been informed I could have been the midfield engine room. Alas, 'twas not to be. Good report Mossin, looking forward to the photo(s)...

*bump*

So with the summer season approaching and late night light aplenty whats the story for soccer these nights during the week??

Any one up for a game tomorrow night??? Kick start the second half of second semester??

For anyone available tonight, I'm going for a quiet pint with one of the lads tonight at the hurlers if you wish to join us.

ps. Where is that fabulous team picture??:D:D

I'd be up for footy tomorrow

Me too...I think

I'd love a game some evening actually...but I've been mad busy lately with assignments, and I've been recovering from RAG weeks charity game too..The bruises only went away over the weekend, but there is still pain in my shin :(

I'll try my best to make the next game though.
    Where is that fabulous team picture??:D:D

Indeed!

Any confirmation or otherwise of the game tonight?

Sorry I know i put the idea out there but I won't be able to make it!!

Monday Evening soccer is definately back on 10pm at the astroturf11

can we have confirmations for monday??

:D:D:D:D:D

Just to confirm ....

Soccer IS on tonight!!!!!

Have we any takers???:D:D

• Advertisement

Someone is sickened and won't write the match reports anymore so I DJCR am going to report on this evenings entertainment.

There was good news for both sides tonight with Thomas returning after a long injury and ULPaddy have lets say for the moment ... a trying evening.

So the essence of the evening....

After a closly fought match DJCR's team won... again.
    Truth be told they deserved to win it with VivGrise pulling new skills from his arse and DJCR playing the mother of all games.

Some match highlights :D

1) ULPaddy just couldn't score... even when the goal was open.
    Though there is a story of course ....... DJCR, Brian O'Driscoll like ran from the opposition goal to his own to pull off a stunning save!!!

In an interview with the reporter James Ryan at the end of the match, all the 22 year old superstar could say was "Just doing my job"

2) Mossin bagged a good goal .... he celebrated as such but there were murmurs of selfishness about the pitch!!!

3) ULPaddy missed again .... Hoping for a miricle at this stage!!

4) Injury to someone on DJCRs team.... just to let regular readers know, its not always me (to much of a biased view from the last author of this column0:D:D:D

5) ULPaddy missed again .... Dragged it wide!!

6) VivGrise got a savage goal... unreal boy!!!:D:D

7) ULPaddy Missed again ..... What does this guy have to do to score.

8) DJCR pulls off a multitude of saves... incroyable, manifique roar the crowd :D:D:D

9) ULPaddy missed again... looks like theres no scoring bonus for him tonight:D:D

FINAL WHISTLE BLOWS .... DJCRs team win again.

MATCH AWARDS

MOM - DJCR
    Vice-MOM :D - Tobi
    Fifa Fair Play Award - DJCR
    Goal of the match award - Mossin
    Save of the match award - DJCR
    Best Come back after injury award - Thomas
    Samba Soccer Award - VivGrise
    Person who should probably pick another position award :D- ULPaddy
    Best Ball Handler :D- Mossins Friend

Let me know if you believe you deserved an award.

United, Chelsea and Liverpool fans need not apply!!

Advertisement