Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football anyone?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,407 ✭✭✭✭cson

I may bring my Mess..y skills to the fold Wednesday night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

snazzy wrote: »
    I'll come and laugh cheer encouragingly :D
    As will I, I'll see if I can get the camera too. I've a new lens to try out and I've always wanted to take sports shots (I was going to head over the the American Football meets to practice but forgot the bloody camera yesterday :mad:)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 a2dg

tuesday would suit me a bit better, but as long as we dont start till after 9 on wednesday i can make it, it will be a fairly tired version of me though(just getting the excuses in early:) )

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

Seachmall wrote: »
    As will I, I'll see if I can get the camera too. I've a new lens to try out and I've always wanted to take sports shots (I was going to head over the the American Football meets to practice but forgot the bloody camera yesterday :mad:)

Don't forget your pom poms!

Don't forget your pom poms!
    Well I forgot my skirt too and pom-poms ain't nothing without a short skirt :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Im available most nights ... Well every late evening except Monday and Thursday. Wednesday would be handy, we could watch the Champions League before hand then stumble out trying to recreate those great pieces of skill we just saw :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

My serious lack of fitness shall be to the fore tomorrow!
    I predict Thursday being a day of recouperation :(

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Treetirty

If you need more I'd be down for football, I should be available pretty much whatever weeknight too.

Has a time been set?

I may not be able to make it [ignores the cheers of delight] as I've to be elsewhere at ~9:30. Will try to stop by though.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭kopykat

I'll play! :D what time ye thinking of playing?

• Advertisement

Finally Boards is back up.

I'm suggesting being at the astro @ 8:30.

Hope to see as many of you there as possible.

I'll be there for the first half hour at least. Bored out of my ****ing skull at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 41 a2dg

ill see ye so at 8.30, someone bring a ball!!!

ooohh good!
    Just walking back after a swim at 8 and there were a load of lads playing soccer and I was wondering if it was ye.
    I'll be sitting up on the grass watching.

Edit:
    After walking past twice, I deducted my venture was pointless cos there were FOUR different groups of lads playing soccer so I gave up. Hope twas fun.

different groups of lads playing soccer so I gave up. Hope twas fun.
    The lads were the group playing third from the left, easily distinguishable by the amount of curses coming out of them. :D

Hope ye lads had a good night, did more turn out? I would have played but my lungs/heart/kidneys/lymphatic system/etc. wouldn't have been able to cope.

Twas a poor turnout for the first one, but in fairness it was short notice due to Boards being down!

Next Wednesday @ 8:30 again.

Do come along!

Seachmall wrote: »
    The lads were the group playing third from the left, easily distinguishable by the amount of curses coming out of them. :D

Hope ye lads had a good night, did more turn out? I would have played but my lungs/heart/kidneys/lymphatic system/etc. wouldn't have been able to cope.

As in the biggest group of lads not in the coloured bibs but playing on the third section, furthest away. PLaying where the cross bars were?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭mid

As in the biggest group of lads not in the coloured bibs but playing on the third section, furthest away. PLaying where the cross bars were?

I think there was only 3 or 4 of them playing, I was standing at the end talking to Seachmall until around 9pm, then we went to scholars for a while

As in the lads who were playing but had orange cones to separate them from the games going on each side?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭finnezzia

This astro going down on a weekly basis?

Need more players?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

finnezzia wrote: »
    This astro going down on a weekly basis?

Need more players?

Yep..... will be on weekly ... all welcome!!

Hey all, I know we set the time for 8:30pm for this week, but we are changing that time back to 8pm.

This is to try and facilitate anybody who has a ticket for the Blizzards at the Boathouse opening.

We ought to be finished by 9:30, thus leaving people time to get to the gig.

Hope to see as many as possible there tomorrow at 8pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Bongomc

Might head down to this , just wondering how will I know which group of ye i'm looking for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Blendage

Cheers for the kick around last night, I will be there next week.

Last night was a good kick about, and I'd like to thank all the new people who came to play!

At most we had 9 players, one of whom had to leave early, and another who was crippled, leaving just 7 *cough* "fit" *cough* players playing.

I cannot name all those who were there, as I'm not sure of their boards names.

So if he'd post and say ye were there it'd be a great help for me!

Hope to see you all and more next Wednesday @ 8 again!

Were all the lads there boardsies?

I was there for all of 20 mins and playing for all of 3. I ended up playing in a pool tournament and lasting longer than I expected hence the reason for being late so sorry about that. I'll try to be there for longer next week, but no promises.

Soccer is on again tomorrow @8pm.

Unfortunately I wont be there as a friend of mine is leaving for Germany and a group of us are sending her off!

If ye do go, you'll probably need a football ;) so dont forget one!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Blendage

Is anybody going to this tonight and bringing a ball ;) ?

Nope.
    Off to colin murphy :cool:

• Advertisement

Soccer tonight @8pm.

Advertisement