Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football anyone?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

Anybody free to go to this?
    Ill try and be there for 8 but don't know any of you so how will i recognise the boards group?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Anybody free to go to this?
    Ill try and be there for 8 but don't know any of you so how will i recognise the boards group?

My pic is in the "Who's who in UL thread + Pictures Thread" See here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=205269&page=5

I may be a few mins late tonight, it'll depend on how much work I can get done @6pm...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,407 ✭✭✭✭cson

Won't make it tonight I'm afraid. Got some womanising to do. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

how will i recognise the boards group?
    I'll probably be standing/sitting behind the lads smoking so you can identify us that way:P

I'll try a kick a ball around tonight, are ye going out after?

This is becoming a joke people!

I'm not gonna bother my arse organising it online anymore if people dont bother showing up. There always appears lots of interest, and people PM'ing me about it, and yet there always ends up being just 4-5 of us there :(

Can someone suggest an alternative time or something instead?
    Or is this just gonna end now?

• Advertisement

Aye, ye were lucky tonight but numbers are dwindling (granted I only stay for the 30 minutes so It's no skin off of my nose :P). Props to KombuchaMshroom for making an appearance.

Seachmall wrote: »
    Aye, ye were lucky tonight but numbers are dwindling (granted I only stay for the 30 minutes so It's no skin off of my nose :P). Props to KombuchaMshroom for making an appearance.
    No problem :(

Im sorry, i actually walked down and saw just 5 of you having a kick around felt like it would be really awkward for me to join you, i was probably being a small bit too self conscious but felt like i wouldn't really have had any place there when it was just 5 friends having a kick around. I thought there would have been more there like. But again sorry for saying i'd go and not playing.

Maybe it would help for numbers if it wasn't that time on a wednesday, thats usually champions league, carling cup, international match etc. time, i suppose people interested in playing will also want to watch those matches, it is the reason that this was my first time (planning on) going.

... when it was just 5 friends having a kick around.

Ha, we're not friends.

Seriously :mad:.
    But again sorry for saying i'd go and not playing.
    I do it all the time, no worries.

Don't feel awkward about coming down, none of us bite (except DJCR) and it's just a casual kick about. We all understand the apprehension you feel about walking into a group of strangers but that fades almost instantly and you get lost in the game. Even if you don't play come down and say hi, give me company while I'm standing on the sideline :P

Seachmall wrote: »

Don't feel awkward about coming down, none of us bite (except DJCR) and it's just a casual kick about. We all understand the apprehension you feel about walking into a group of strangers but that fades almost instantly and you get lost in the game. Even if you don't play come down and say hi, give me company while I'm standing on the sideline :P
    Ok thanks for that man, i promise ill come down the next time ye are playing ( non champions league night anyway). I suppose i have to get over the fear off joining a group of strangers, thats what 1st year is all about really :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Blendage

I'd suggest putting it on a Tuesday night as a lot of the clubs and socs hold there events/meetings Wednesday nights.

Nobody turned up the week before, I presumed it was going to be the same this week,:o ill be there next week.

• Advertisement

I might be able to drag an old friend along. He's not a boardsie (yet) but more the merrier, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

I'd come alone but can't make Wednesdays (or Mondays) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭raido9

Anyone up for a game this wednesday? What time do ye usually play? Does the pitch need to be booked or anything?

An Early game half six or seven preferebly

raido9 wrote: »
    What time do ye usually play? Does the pitch need to be booked or anything?
    8pm and assuming no one else has the pitch booked you don't have to book it. Last time it was fully booked though.

I am not arranging any more games this semester, but fire away on here for anyone who wants to get people going...

Unfortunately for the rest of this semester I wont make any games due to being completely swamped with college work :(

I'd love a kick-about and all too!!

Alas, it'll have to wait till next term for me .....

I swore that I wouldnt organise anymore of these games, but since I'm not the one doing it this time, I said I'd post to ask if others want to join our game.

A few friends of mine [including DJCR] are trying to get a weekly game going on Saturdays.

We played last weekend for 50mins, before being kicked-off the astro, but this week we know what time its free at.

We play on Saturdays, and this week we aime to play a game at 1pm.

If interested do come along

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭VivGrise

hey mossin, i might just take you up on that offer! if i'm in limerick that is!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭finnezzia

Anyone still playing any games?

There hasnt been a game for quite a while due to lads of TP, Co-op, and just laziness!

Might try and get an end of year game going though.

If anybody is interested in that post here with availability and suggest a time and place.

Cool. Well after Thursday 29th I'm available any time really.

• Advertisement

bump

Anyone around that would be interested in a friendly game of astro? I know nothing about booking places or where to play, but just thought I'd scout out the interest.

And does anyone know if there's any 5-a-side things organised like the Dutch Gold Cup in galway?

Yeah I'd be up for playing again.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

I'd play !!!

DJCR wrote: »
    I'd play !!!

You'll try at least ;):p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

Mossin wrote: »

Even when he is Drunk as a Skunk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

I'd be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Bigrob

I'll play!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Gotta keep this in mind for when I get back to Limerick in Januray.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Mossin wrote: »
    mayo_lad wrote: »
    Even when he is Drunk as a Skunk

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Ah whats all this about lads!! Mind games before the season starts ............ your worried !!!!!:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Dont need mind games with you!
    I let my skills on the field do the talking ;)

Does anybody want to suggest a time for this?

Advertisement