Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football anyone?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Errr...no I don't!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

klong wrote: »
    Yourself and DJCR should get along well, as his style of football closely resembles rugby :-)

He seems to have curtailed his overtly robust style a little since the opening games, but I'm just waiting for the viscious side to return.
    1wildwolf wrote: »
    Having read the thread I might just have to come along to watch the first one, might be all well out of my league! Lol. At least i can stand in goal wearing thermals if all else fails

It really doesnt matter if you are Maradona or John O'Shea, all skill levels are wanted as its only for a bit of craic! :D
    DJCR wrote: »
    No need the standard isn't overly great... I mean Mossin isn't anything special
    Legs always left open wider than the Grand Canyon
    , Klong supports Spurs:eek::eek: (I mean, he's got them shower of
    to emulate)... How good can he be?? :D:D:D

You are going to pay for that remark! You got lucky this week with the nutmeg!

As for Klong supporting Spurs :eek::eek::eek: Its worse, he's a L'pool fan...I'm almost sick thinking about it...I couldnt even write the team name fully in case I vomited! :p
    I cant believe that he didnt even spot that mistake!!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Whoops!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 1wildwolf

ok...i have a pair of expensive Dunne's shoes... is anything happening tonight?

1wildwolf wrote: »
    ok...i have a pair of expensive Dunne's shoes... is anything happening tonight?

Lol, footwear aside, yeah game on again at 10pm on the astro.

I'll be there as usual. Unsure of which jersey to wear tonight...probably Barcelona though

• Advertisement

Mossin wrote: »
    Unsure of which jersey to wear tonight

God the fashion police will be out in force again!!!!! :D:D:D:D

probably a bit late, but just checking it goes on whatever the weather?

We will go with the intention of playing regardless of the weather, but that may change once we arrive and the severity of the conditions.

Its not too bad tonight, mostly drizzle and cold. We've played in worse before.

See you later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ULPaddy

See you there!!! :confused:

Cracking game last night in very blustery conditions.

10 players, 5-a-side teams.
    Nice to finally meet 1WildWolf also....DJCR took him under his wing last night. :)

We finally got a game of note. About an hour and 20 mins of a match before the lights went out. Probably a good thing as I was wrecked by the end of it, and am fairly fecked today too!!

Our team won out well enough in the end by at least 5 goals, but the scoreline doesnt reflect what was a really competitve and close game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭VivGrise

didnt mention some stunning goals aswell! i remember one where someone on your team absolutely blasted the ball off the crossbar!! ha, some finish!

Ah, feck. The one week I don't make it, and this happens.

See ye next Monday so.

VivGrise wrote: »
    didnt mention some stunning goals aswell! i remember one where someone on your team absolutely blasted the ball off the crossbar!! ha, some finish!

Haha yeah thats true! Good old Kev :) He fairly put his foot through that one.

And I almost forgot DJCR putting the ball into his own net...After what could only be described as unorthodox defending [saving the ball with his arse and other body parts], he eventually directed the ball into his goals :D

I laughed quite a lot at that, and it still makes me smile :)

Ah, feck. The one week I don't make it, and this happens.

See ye next Monday so.

Next Monday's game is in the balance at the minute.
    A lot of people are going away for the weekend, and may not be fit to play on Monday night. Also next Tuesday is Paddy's Day, so we [probably me] will be on the beer!

We'll keep it updated here as to what people want to do though.

Mossin wrote: »
    Next Monday's game is in the balance at the minute.
    A lot of people are going away for the weekend, and may not be fit to play on Monday night. Also next Tuesday is Paddy's Day, so we [probably me] will be on the beer!

Now this may be a bit of a crazy suggestion (specially coming from me) and I don't condone the combination of drugs and sports, BUT, I wonder could we make an exception and go for a combo at the game on Monday - a few beers before, during and we'll see about after!!! :pac: ;) That way Mossin gets to be on the beer and we get our game! :cool:

Could be interesting!!! :D

Just wondering what the story was for tonight...

Footy on?

I thought we kinda agreed last week that it wouldnt be played this week

I for one wont be there, as wont the lads that usually come with me, but if others feel there is enough people for a game, then by all means go for it!

But afaik, there isnt a game organised for tonight

Just thought I'd spread the word and let everyone know that they are welcome to join in.

Soccer Match organised by Erasmus Students (but the more the merrier even if Irish ;)) is on every Friday afternoon:

Day: Friday
    Time:15:30 - max. 18:30

If we get enough we might even be able to play on a real pitch! :-)

I'm sure Mossin will give support to the view that it's good fun and some of them are pretty nifty players.

So whos up for tomorrow evening!!

:D:D:D

ULPaddy wrote: »
    Just thought I'd spread the word and let everyone know that they are welcome to join in.

Soccer Match organised by Erasmus Students (but the more the merrier even if Irish ;)) is on every Friday afternoon:

Day: Friday
    Time:15:30 - max. 18:30

If we get enough we might even be able to play on a real pitch! :-)

I'm sure Mossin will give support to the view that it's good fun and some of them are pretty nifty players.

I'm definitely lending support to this game as well! :)
    An absolutely cracking match was played last Friday evening. It ended in a draw and I think it finished 7-7.
    We were playing 3/4 of the astro-turf for at least 90 minutes.
    Like ULPaddy said, there are some nifty players there indeed.
    DJCR wrote: »
    So whos up for tomorrow evening!!

Yeah, I'd be up for it again.
    I'll confirm tomorrow if I'll be there with the lads.

i'll be there if there's a game going

• Advertisement

I'll be there tonight at 10, along with at least 3 more.

Afaik, B.A.Baracus will also be in attendance, but iDPlease wont be there

This is getting a bit like the start of Ray Foleys show where people say they won't be listening, but anyway, won't be there, have been struck down with the MMR jab.

struck down with the MMR jab.

Jaysus.... what type of mallets are they using these days???:D:D:D

Rag week 5 a side should be fun, get ready to be stunned by our silky big toes and jack charlton style of play..

not to be missed!!

VivGrise wrote: »
    Rag week 5 a side should be fun, get ready to be stunned by our silky big toes and jack charlton style of play..

not to be missed!!

Is there a UL Boards team? :confused:

ya DJCR is captain, includes me, SPARKYTRYPOD, MOSSIN, and a few others from here who i dont know?!?

No vacancies then? :-(

i dunno!!! ask DJCR, he's captain!! possibly!

B.A.Baracus and ULPaddy are also on that team...afaik there is no slots free, but like Viv said, ask DJCR

Btw..I might have sorted us jerseys for a €5 each :)

• Advertisement

"Us" as in the Rag Week team? :-(

Advertisement