Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football anyone?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Mossin wrote: »
    Absolutely mind-shatteringly physical with DJCR the main culprit :pac:.

Yeah.... um, sorry about that - we were under alot of pressure to perform last night... suppose it just got to me :D:D:D:D
    Although he did produce 2 momemorable pieces of skill, for which I had to applaud.
    :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: Sweet :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭nuts86

hey lads, sorry i didnt make it the last two weeks been on the injury list, i should be back in action next monday to show ye how its done........

John.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Game on tonight....10pm as usual on the astro

I'll play through my sickness

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭kopykat

Game on tonight....10pm as usual on the astro

I'll play through my sickness
    cool, ill be there

Excellent...I'll be wearing my Spanish shirt with Raul on the back

• Advertisement

After a thrilling First half display from both teams including a spectacular goal from one ULPaddy ....

The teams failed to reappear for the second half due to a catastrophic power failure in White Hart Lane (feck sake.... where else could it happen):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

However, all was not lost, as infact we won ... Isn't that right Mossin:D:D

2-1

DJCR has since stated he is looking for a new stadium that works for longer than 1 half :D:D:D:D

He has spoken to those at the University Area who's facilities far outclass those at White Hart Lane and has been told that the players may use the facilities for a fee of €35 per hour.....

Needless to say ... he's pissed off...

"Any chance of doing a deal wit ya Boss"!!!!:D:D:D

I'll get back to ye if I can get anything better !!!! - Until then, Dry your eyes Mossin ... theres always next week :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Oh dear, is that 3 defeats on the trot for Mossin? Silky skills no match for hard work- put 'em under pressure you might say...

klong wrote: »
    Oh dear, is that 3 defeats on the trot for Mossin? Silky skills no match for hard work- put 'em under pressure you might say...

Ahem, I was on the winning team last week, and I didnt go about gloating about it iirc :rolleyes:
    I do recall being top scorer last week too, and providing a fantastic through pass for our goal tonight...considering I'm suffering 2 injuries and the flu, I dont think I'm doing too bad now...

Klong, you seem to get lucky with the teams you play with...hmmm...I might try turning up late as well some week ;)
    DJCR wrote: »
    After a thrilling First half display from both teams including a spectacular goal from one ULPaddy ....

The teams failed to reappear for the second half due to a catastrophic power failure in White Hart Lane (feck sake.... where else could it happen):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

However, all was not lost, as infact we won ... Isn't that right Mossin:D

2-1

DJCR has since stated he is looking for a new stadium that works for longer than 1 half :D:D:D:D

He has spoken to those at the University Area who's facilities far outclass those at White Hart Lane and has been told that the players may use the facilities for a fee of €35 per hour.....

Needless to say ... he's pissed off...

"Any chance of doing a deal wit ya Boss"!!!!:D:D

I'll get back to ye if I can get anything better !!!! - Until then, Dry your eyes Mossin ... theres always next week :rolleyes:

A spectacualr winner indeed from Paddy :) I even applauded that finish

The lights going off early was a disappointment alright, as it allowed ye to walk off "winners".

I told you it was expensive to use for an hour! Is that for a quarter of it as well yeah?? If so thats ridiculous! I know we had 14 players tonight, and it'd be €2.50 each approximately, but still....

I have nothing to cry over except yet another ****ing injury...I'm gonna have to rest for the week, and come back next week stronger!

EDIT:
    It was also nice to meet KopyKat too. Some silky skills at times, and very unlucky to hit the post which almost drew us level.

Personally I can hold out no longer.....

It deserves Honourable mention:

I can't get Fecken Utube to work so here's the link!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5PT65I2ny8&feature=PlayList&p=7166FE003BD27EC5&playnext=1&index=8

HU HA HU HA!!!!!

I have nothing to cry over except yet another ****ing injury...I'm gonna have to rest for the week, and come back next week stronger!

Nothing..... Except :D:D:D

+ I injured no one today .. I was on my best behaviour after last week!!!:D:D
    It was also nice to meet KopyKat too. Some silky skills at times, and very unlucky to hit the post which almost drew us level.

Yeah it was good to see more Boardsies out there !!!

Till next week guys!!

• Advertisement

Whaddya mean "winners"? Scoreline doesn't lie! I think it's been the case, ove rthe past few games, that the more skillful team is playing below its potential and the lesser-skilled team is playing above.

(Though saying that, having to say you're suffering from 2 injuries and the flu...either its excuses you're giving us or a heightened sense of self-importance :D )

To be fair to Mossin, I do remember his applauding the winning goal.

Whaddya mean "winners"? Scoreline doesn't lie! I think it's been the case, over the past few games, that the more skillful team is playing below its potential and the lesser-skilled team is playing above.

I agree whole heartedly which makes it all the better:D:D:D:D:D
    (Though saying that, having to say you're suffering from 2 injuries and the flu...either its excuses you're giving us or a heightened sense of self-importance :D ).

No, to be fair if he was feeling under the weather he was feeling under the weather..... but I'd like to hear the excuses of the rest of the team too..... Or is Mossin implying that he is the team??? :D:D:D
    To be fair to Mossin, I do remember his applauding the winning goal.

Ya, the look on his face was priceless!!! If carlsberg did goals......
    :cool::cool::cool::cool:

I'm beginning to think I'm Pushing my luck .... I'm stopping now!!

Till next week lads!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭kopykat

do ya think the lights will stay on next week? recession and all that :P

kopykat wrote: »
    do ya think the lights will stay on next week? recession and all that :P

haha...... working on it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭VivGrise

i can bring some more players what time is it on?!? on sundays? sorry i'm lazy dont wann check the past posts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ULPaddy

VivGrise wrote: »
    i can bring some more players what time is it on?!? on sundays? sorry i'm lazy dont wann check the past posts!

Mondays at 10pm is when it's happening. Also, if anyone is interested on Fridays at 3.30pm a couple of the international students have a soccer match on the astro-turf going for the past 2 weeks. Yesterdays turnout was a bit weak and they said it would be cool if a few Irish Students joined in - we can show them that, despite some dismal performances on the international scene, the Irish really can play soccer! ;) If anyone is around on friday do come along! :)

I'm already looking to my next win, next week! :P

ULPaddy wrote: »
    despite some dismal performances on the international scene

No way, South Africa here we come..... Come on the Trap!!!!!

Ole Ole Ole Ole......

Game on again tonight....Kick-off @ 10pm as usual...so be there a few mins early where possible!

Shold be myself + others tonight.

Anybody hear that??

No, I thought not....Thats the silence of Klong, after being humbled last night!

7-1 up myself, DJCR and kopykat's teams went against Klong and IDPlease's team. I am not taking this week as a defeat after I swapped teams to try put some respectability on the scoreline. Scoring 2 originally, then making up that deficit by scoring 3 more for the other team.

The final score would have been a lot closer if it were not for the heriocs of kopykat in goals, preventing me from hitting 3 more and others from scoring too.

DJCR had his moments of glory once again, with a lovely early volley, and some neat passing with myself and kopykat.

I was not impressed though being nutmegged twice in a matter of moments after switching teams:o

The league games which take place until 10pm, didnt finish on time this week, thus limiting our time on the astro once again. We didnt get going until 10:15 and then the lights went out at 11...so yet again we got 45 minutes of football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭nuts86

i made my return last night unfortunatly unsuccessfully getting a bit of a hosing, i propose full width next week as u get more room with the ball and its not like an first class lunch time kick around with everyone chasing the ball in the middle of the park..... and there can be some bit of organisation.... only a suggestion...

John

That was a weird match. I really should have posted last night to get away from the inevitable from Mossin.All our other matches were very close affairs, and then last night went mental. Still, there's always next week.

Do you smell that

*sniff sniff*
    Victory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 1wildwolf

Sorry if i've missed half is what is going on in this thread.

I've just come over to UL from New Zealand for a couple of months and my body is complaining because of a complete lack of any inactivity.

I was just wondering if there was a friendly (preferably indoor in this weather!) footy kick-around that was being played regularly @ UL that I could join in with..?

Also, if yes, where is a good place to pick up a cheap pair of trainers?

Thanks,
    Jonathan

Play with us on Monday night, 2200, astroturf. Cheap runners? I have an old spare pair if that's any use to you, size 10 or 11 I think. Otherwise, grab a pair in Dunnes on the Childers Road.

Yourself and DJCR should get along well, as his style of football closely resembles rugby :-)

Play with us on Monday night, 2200, astroturf. Cheap runners? I have an old spare pair if that's any use to you, size 10 or 11 I think. Otherwise, grab a pair in Dunnes on the Childers Road.

Yourself and DJCR should get along well, as his style of football closely resembles rugby :-)

Cheers for the invite, you might well find me turning up next Monday then! Just keep an eye out for the guy walking around looking confused. Any cost involved? Used to be a couple of bucks back home to rent the field.

Would be keen to borrow the shoes if that's ok, i'm a size 11 or 12 so if they don't fit i can always pick up a pair for the following week.

Is the astroturf one of the fields in the Arena?

No cost at all, we play crossfield.

Astroturf is behind the Arena, on the road to Kilmurry on the left. Its also beside the PESS building.

Have a look at the photos thread and match names here to faces there!

Having read the thread I might just have to come along to watch the first one, might be all well out of my league! Lol. At least i can stand in goal wearing thermals if all else fails

1wildwolf wrote: »
    Having read the thread I might just have to come along to watch the first one, might be all well out of my league! Lol. At least i can stand in goal wearing thermals if all else fails

No need the standard isn't overly great... I mean Mossin isn't anything special
    Legs always left open wider than the Grand Canyon
    , Klong supports Spurs:eek::eek: (I mean, he's got them shower of
    to emulate)... How good can he be?? :D:D:D
    Play with us on Monday night, 2200, astroturf. Yourself and DJCR should get along well, as his style of football closely resembles rugby :-)

You should play with us at 10pm..... don't mind them it'll be a bit of a laugh... i'm not that bad... proof to follow in next post!!

• Advertisement

@Klong .... Dunno if you do this in college but is called Key wording... I'll give you an example
    DJCR had his moments of glory once
    again
    with a lovely early volley

I left the key word unblocked for you :D:D:D:D:D:D

Advertisement