Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football anyone?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ULPaddy

We all have our off-days... :rolleyes:
    Next time round the odds are certainly stacked in my favour to get top-scorer! :cool:

A quality match all-round I have to say.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

DJCR wrote: »
    After a closly fought match DJCR's team won... again.

DJCR, Brian O'Driscoll like ran from the opposition goal to his own to pull off a stunning save!!!

In an interview with the reporter James Ryan at the end of the match, all the 22 year old superstar could say was "Just doing my job"

8) DJCR pulls off a multitude of saves... incroyable, manifique roar the crowd :D:D:D

MOM - DJCR
    Fifa Fair Play Award - DJCR
    Save of the match award - DJCR

Where did one learn to toot his own horn so well. I think you should get an award for that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Peteee wrote: »
    Where did one learn to toot his own horn so well. I think you should get an award for that :D

Think I picked it up on the campaign trail...... You tell everyone your the best for a full week.....

by the end of it you actually start to believe it :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭VivGrise

all i can say is mossin's over head interception then full lenght pitch run to put the ball in the back of the net!:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Game on again tomorrow night ... same time, same place, same Bat channel!

For those of you unaware of the time and place, its 10pm on the astro-turf.

I gotta get in one more round before these poxy exams begin!

• Advertisement

hear hear! gonna give it socks tonight! plenty of showboating and overhead kicks!

Paddy powers givin good odds on ULPaddy bagging a hatrick, think i'll put a score on it!! COME ON!!! :D:D:D

It was fitting that the last game of the season should finish in a draw!

ULPaddy, B.A.Baracus, Thomas and Tobias vs Mossin, DJCR, VivGrise and Chris

A slightly disappointing turnout, but we made do with the numbers we had and made up a ridiculous rule, which made the game far from easy. Esch player on a team had to touch the ball before you could attempt to shoot :D

Not too difficult you might think, but with only 4-a-side, it became easy to mark the 4th player, or so we thought!

A competitive game was had, with numerous missed chances despite using the full-sized goals!

A fitting end to what has been a great season with the lads....bring on next year!

Mossin wrote: »
    It was fitting that the last game of the season should finish in a draw!

ULPaddy, B.A.Baracus, Thomas and Tobias vs Mossin, DJCR, VivGrise and Chris

A slightly disappointing turnout, but we made do with the numbers we had and made up a ridiculous rule, which made the game far from easy. Esch player on a team had to touch the ball before you could attempt to shoot :D

Not too difficult you might think, but with only 4-a-side, it became easy to mark the 4th player, or so we thought!

A competitive game was had, with numerous missed chances despite using the full-sized goals!

A fitting end to what has been a great season with the lads....bring on next year!

Here Here :cool::cool::cool:

So, according to DJCR, I am apparently playing a final soccer game next Tuesday...it vaguely rings a bell that we might have agreed to another game...

Regardless of what was or wasnt said in the past, we are here now and trying to organise a final game.

I suggest next Tuesday [19th May 2009] sometime in the afternoon, perhaps 3pm on the astro?

What d'ya think? Who's around?
    Anybody who is gonna attend the BULBS should come along to watch/play footy also...the more the merrier like...:)

ill be there! slab in one hand, silky skillz in the other! :P

• Advertisement

Me two..... A bit of Millers Crossing will be going on!!!:D:D:D

actually turns out i cant make it! sorry lads, looks like i wont be koining ye, due to unforseen circumstances! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Mossin wrote: »
    Anybody who is gonna attend the BULBS should come along to watch/play footy also...the more the merrier like...:)

Some of us have work :P :P :P :P :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ULPaddy

Alas I was supposed to have tuesday off BUT they went and changed the rosta! I suppose it's inevitable when you work for and with IDIOTS... you might be getting that I'm not taking too keenly to the graduate work-life!!! :(

A jobs a job and I suppose I'm better-off than many 2 have one... enjoy the match and I might see you in September for the reunion match! ;)

A very very wet and miserable afternoon ruined what would have been an awful game of soccer.
    With only DJCR, myself and B.A.Baracus in attendance, it made for a quite miserable group [no offense lads] but we got beer and went to play Pro Evo instead! :D

Plenty of soccer had by all then :)

Next game will be sometime over the summer probably, and definitely back in September!

Mossin don't you think your getting a bit old for this ???

I mean jaysus..... At your age I'd be retiring around now!!!!:D:D:D:D

will ya go away mossin is like a fine wine, only gets better with age! like ryan giggs! oops too soon? :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

Incoming first year, just wondering if this will be happening again this year?

Guess it might be a bit early to be asking with most people not going back until the 7th.

Incoming first year, just wondering if this will be happening again this year?

Guess it might be a bit early to be asking with most people not going back until the 7th.

Yea... it will defo be happenin again......... still not sure when we will be kicking off though!!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

I'd be interested in this if it happens again

• Advertisement

ynwa_17 wrote: »
    I'd be interested in this if it happens again

Just keep an eye on the thread...... there will be a message left on it when we decide to start again (Probably week 2)

WATCH THIS SPACE FOR FURTHER NOTICE!!!

Yeah, it'll more than likely be in Week 2, just to allow people to settle in.

It has been 2 weeks now, and people ought to be well settled in by now, so I'm bumping this thread again to see who is available or interested in a game of footy.

I'd even go as far as suggesting that we go for a game tomorrow if we can get enough people!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 a2dg

im up for a game, what time ye thinking of?

We used to play late at night last year, usually from 10pm until the lights went off on the astro, which varied from 11pm - 11:45pm.

I have no college on Mondays or Tuesdays which leaves me pretty much free [projects permitting] to play any time.

I'd be suggesting late in the evenings again anyways, but am open to suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

What's the standard like?

I'd play but I'm shockingly bad. :(

If you have a read of some of our "match reports" you will see that the standard is pretty ****! Especially that DJCR fella :p:D :pac:

Its not about the standard tbh, we just go for the craic, and we make the teams as even as possible.

Some are really good players, others are not. Thats just the way of the world. So just put your name in the hat and come along!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

I'll come along sure if ye're stuck.

All should come along as it is good craic.

After chatting to DJCR, apparently Tuesday night is a bad night as most clubs and socs have events on those nights, so perhaps Wednesday is a better night to do this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

I'll come and laugh cheer encouragingly :D

Advertisement