Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The A/R Off Topic Thread

• 23-03-2009 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

This is something that was suggested by Dev, he reckons that some of teh "serious" forums benifit from an of topic banter thread where we can just talk crap.

Now I don't think you lot need an excuse to talk crap but we'll throw this up and if it works it'll hang around and if not it'll sink :)

So what do you want to talk about? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭McConkey

Running?? :D

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

How to eliminate the thoughts of "I want to run" every time I sit down to study...

Stupid exams. At least they'll be done on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

...so how far off topic do we go??
    Or is the aim just to have the banter as if we were in the pub? If that's the case i'm bringing the laptop to the nearest bar with WiFi!!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

off topic eh? okay...

didnt go running tonight...wont go running tomorrow. taking a break after connemara.

speaking of the pub belcarra:

im dying for a messy night out! i've been pretty well behaved recently but now that im not in training i think im overdue one of those stupid, stupid nights i'll regret for months.

i heard on the radio today about a beer festival starting this week in dublin :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Well my shoulder hurts a bit from a dodgy wipeout skiing this morning, I'm currently fixing that problem with some fine Canadian beer and a couple of Advil. :D

Is that un-running related enough for you or do we stilll need to try harder? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Um...I'm still on my post running Connemara holiday from work. Thank god Connemara didn't hurt as much as I thought it would and I can enjoy my days off.

The only other thing other than running I ever talk about is Leeds, I'll start to annoy you eventually. Oooooh I'll be in Leeds on Saturday. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

robinph wrote: »
    Well my shoulder hurts a bit from a dodgy wipeout skiing this morning, I'm currently fixing that problem with some fine Canadian beer and a couple of Advil. :D

Is that un-running related enough for you or do we stilll need to try harder? ;)
    You're trying a little too hard. Back off a bit. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

mp1972 wrote: »
    Um...I'm still on my post running Connemara holiday from work. Thank god Connemara didn't hurt as much as I thought it would and I can enjoy my days off.

The only other thing other than running I ever talk about is Leeds, I'll start to annoy you eventually. Oooooh I'll be in Leeds on Saturday. :D

Leeds, snigger, giggle...

How come you got stuck supporting Leeds?

Leeds, snigger, giggle...

How come you got stuck supporting Leeds?

I wish I knew, then I could try and reverse it :rolleyes:

Would the odd Jedi mind trick or two work? :pac:

• Advertisement

We can try after the third of May I've already booked my trips for the last four home games. :D

She's Leeds, they use teh Dark Side of teh Force.

Speaking of which (kind of) anyone heard anything about the new Star Trek film?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

mp1972 wrote: »
    We can try after the third of May I've already booked my trips for the last four home games. :D

wow last 4 home games. Respect. I'm a Leeds fan myself. Lets turn this into another Leeds thread :D .........maybe not.

How about sharing embarressing running stories?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Ever notice that cream from a can dissolves quicker in a cup of coffee than real whipped cream?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

She's Leeds, they use teh Dark Side of teh Force.

Speaking of which (kind of) anyone heard anything about the new Star Trek film?

:mad::mad:What has STAR TREK got to do with STAR WARS???:eek::eek::mad::mad::eek::confused:

HOW DA HELL CAN I REPORT THIS POST?:pac:

accensi0n wrote: »
    Ever notice that cream from a can dissolves quicker in a cup of coffee than real whipped cream?

Heathen! Cream and coffee should never meet! Coffee should be black and strong as hell :p

Heathen! Cream and coffee should never meet! Coffee should be black and strong as hell :p

exactly...although im starting to worry about the ammount of caffine i drink.

my standard order is a grande americano with an extra shot, but the other day in a cafe i ordered that and the guy shouted "four shots americano!" to the other.

four shots! and thats just for starters, i never have just one....

Backtrack, backtrack....

They are both science fiction and I was dragged to see "Marley and me" on Mothers Day (utter cack, btw) and they showed a trailer for the new Star Trek, and teh Star Wars quote reminded me of it...

Anyway I like my coffee to remind me of myself, it has to be strong, dark and sweet...

thick, black and bitter?

uglyjohn wrote: »
    thick, black and bitter?

Like my soul. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Stupid_Private

I don't know - put a cognac in that coffee and the cream is pretty essential.

I don't know - put a cognac in that coffee and the cream is pretty essential.

i know we are all redundant so they cant really fire me.....but i think thats taking the piss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Stupid_Private

i know we are all redundant so they cant really fire me.....but i think thats taking the piss

You were able to get some fairly reasonably priced and not that bad cognacs in aldi or lidl a few months back. Not sure if they still have them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

They had the dooleys toffee vodka :p in Aldi a while back, beautiful

I don't like coffee and I'm lactose intolerant. I just thought you should know.

It's all about the tay anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

It's all about the tay anyway

Never a truer word spoken: -

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Rusty Cogs 08

exactly...although im starting to worry about the ammount of caffine i drink.

my standard order is a grande americano with an extra shot, but the other day in a cafe i ordered that and the guy shouted "four shots americano!" to the other.

four shots! and thats just for starters, i never have just one....

There's a lot less caffeine in espresso than percolated coffee so four shots may not even exceed the caffeine in a standard Grande house coffee. I think there's a common misconception regarding getting your caffeine fix and espressos. Here's Starbucks by way of example.

Grande americano w/extra shot 300mg
    Grande brewed 330mg

http://www.energyfiend.com/2007/10/the-complete-guide-to-starbucks-caffeine

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

You're trying a little too hard. Back off a bit. :D
    Never.

I do think I overdosed a bit on "pain killers" last night though as I now have a bit of a hangover. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

Backtrack, backtrack....

They are both science fiction and I was dragged to see "Marley and me" on Mothers Day (utter cack, btw) and they showed a trailer for the new Star Trek, and teh Star Wars quote reminded me of it...

To go back to films, I'm going to "watchmen" tomorrow night.

Anyone seen it, and if so is it any good?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Im waiting to hear from my boss to see if I go on a two day week from next Monday on. Although financially it would be a total disaster I cant help but get excited at having all that extra time off as Im starting my marathon training programme from next week.

I need a kick up the arse. :)

Advertisement