Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

It's defo a well deserved break after the last couple of months :rolleyes:

Feel sorry for kids at the moment. Don't ever remember the weather being this crap all the time when I was a kid! I remember spending my summers cycling to Cratloe woods and doing drop out races for fun (about 30 of us basically ran around a large green until only one of us was left standing lol).

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Magnet

I remember spending my summers cycling to Cratloe woods and doing drop out races for fun (about 30 of us basically ran around a large green until only one of us was left standing lol).

umm.. Isn`t that what Enduro does? :D

Anyone tasted the new Pear Bulmers?
    I used to drink Ritz in my heyday but couldn`t stand cider...
    Ive suddenly got an awful lip on me :P

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I haven't tried it yet, but as one who likes a Kopparberg I'll definitely have to.

Rant for today: I have NO idea what shoes to wear with my new skirt ><

disclaimer: unfortunately I am not talking about a running skirt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

"Anyone tasted the new Pear Bulmers?"

Would'nt be pushed on it. A bit aftertaste and 5c dearer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

I haven't tried it yet, but as one who likes a Kopparberg I'll definitely have to.

Why do you have to wear shoes ;)

• Advertisement

shels4ever wrote: »
    Why do you have to wear shoes ;)

You into womens feet????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

gerard65 wrote: »
    You into womens feet????
    who isn't ;)

shels4ever wrote: »
    who isn't ;)

Tried toe sucking once - nearly did my back in!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

...and I might have been able to help you with the desicion making otherwise. ;)

What kind of skirt? I have to find a dress to match my shoes lol :D

• Advertisement

Short denim skirt... I eventually decided to go with a pair of black knee-high boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

ah,,so this is where ye have all been hiding:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭Enduro

Magnet wrote: »
    umm.. Isn`t that what Enduro does? :D

:) Very good!! Yes it does feel like that game sometimes ;)
    I eventually decided to go with a pair of black knee-high boots.

:D:D

A fine choice, if I may say so!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Short denim skirt... I eventually decided to go with a pair of black knee-high boots.
    I fear that using the AH line of "pics or it didn't happen" may not work here. :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

So what do people do when they're injured. I've only just realised how much my life is ruled by running and trips to Leeds now that I can't do either anymore. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

All the talk of cider drove me to buy a flagan of devils bit cider last night. Use to drink that muck when I was a young hooligan. Long story short it's fecking jungle juice, was sleep walking and everything last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭MCOS

... Use to drink that muck when I was a young hooligan. ....

You were asking for it then ;) No way would I return to any of the sh!te I drank as a student!

So what do people do when they're injured. I've only just realised how much my life is ruled by running and trips to Leeds now that I can't do either anymore. :(

I feel your pain. What I miss most is the racing, I've only realised how much of a buzz I get from them.
    As for Leeds - another year in that god awful league -sicking and if the manure win on wednesday night I'm going to go live on an isolated Island.

how many strangers/weirdo's have we met in person from the internet then??just wondering not that i have met any or anything:D

tantipie wrote: »
    how many strangers/weirdo's have we met in person from the internet then??just wondering not that i have met any or anything:D
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Tantipie are you meeting strangers from the Internet :eek: lol
    BTW..... I hope you didn't spead all the way home! I was under the impression that it took a minimun of 30 mins to get to your place from town!!!

*makes anonymous call to the Gardai*

• Advertisement

i decided to come visit the folks before i head out,,my visiting the folks means coming on the internet:phope you dont lose a diamond while typing:D

LOL - enjoy yourself later
    I'm off for a jog on the treadmill :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

gerard65 wrote: »
    I feel your pain. What I miss most is the racing, I've only realised how much of a buzz I get from them.
    As for Leeds - another year in that god awful league -sicking and if the manure win on wednesday night I'm going to go live on an isolated Island.

If team Blackwell get promoted on Monday I'm throwing myself under a bus...so I won't live to see the others win on Wednesday. :( God I've just depressed myself even more now. :rolleyes:

Well done to Leinster on winning the HC! It's great to have all the silverware for this year in Ireland :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Well done to Leinster on winning the HC! It's great to have all the silverware for this year in Ireland :D

Was this :D smiley a big grin or were you congratulating them thru gritted teeth? ;)

Was this :D smiley a big grin or were you congratulating them thru gritted teeth? ;)

Gritted teeth obviously! I'm still bitter lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Go on Leinster, fantastic yesterday, and may I say how very gracious of u MG, gritted teeth or no. I hope I'll be as gracious if THEY win on Wednesday, come on barca, I want to see SAF's face turn to stone like it did when we turned them over in their place, remember his face after aurelios free kick, for everything else there's master card, on a side note, I don't think it will happen but if rafa sells my friend xabi at the end of the season I'm finished with him, easily our best player last season, who the hell is gareth barry, come on the pool

mcadam.gif
    Need I say more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

My vote for player of teh season is Mascherano, superb player - hard to imagine he couldn't get into the West Ham team! I can't see him selling Alonso but stranger things have happened.

RK - are you his campaign manager?

• Advertisement

Hell no, just thought it was funny :)

Advertisement