Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Your course was CS wasn't it?

I'm self employed in and around that whole area and I've got a lot of work on. At the minute I'm on top of it myself but if it gets too much I might need a dig out on some projects. If you'd be interested drop me a PM and let me know what your main skills are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Well done rk, that must be a huge relief, I'll be finishing my degreec
    next year, I'd love a 2.1

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭tagoona

Why oh why didn't I think ahead and book a b&b near athy.
    What was I thinking about when I thought that getting up at 5.30 to drive 2.5 hours the morning of a race was a good idea
    /rant
    Thanks for letting me get that off my chest !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I still think my finals for my B.Sc. were the toughest thing I've ever done, No race or postgrad or anything else has come close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

I still think my finals for my B.Sc. were the toughest thing I've ever done, No race or postgrad or anything else has come close.

Hard to believe we were in teh same college... In first year I went out for a pint before my history exams. Needless to say one became two became a session. I was so hungover that I didn't notice that they switched teh papers and did European history in the morning rather than the afternoon :o

As for teh finals... There was a very cute girl in your class (BSc) we'd "accidentally" meet in teh library in teh morning and then head down to teh canteen for a quick coffee... Ahhhh, happy memories, one of the shapeliest bottoms in the City she had, what her figure did to a pair of jeans was nothing short of criminal :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

Well done RK - remember last year was such a relief to be finished finals...but then I came back for more!!! Wish I was finished - just one more exam to do and then the dreaded thesis...:(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Of course Blackburn won it, natural progression after finishing 4th and 2nd the previous two seasons :)
    Don't think the establishment ever forgave my beloved Rovers for winning the league and not going away again, makes hanging around all the better.

Liverpool will finish it out next season I'd say, Utd will find it hard to replace Scholes, Giggs and Ronaldo in one transfer window.

As for Leeds, the less said the better :D

Agree with you about Liverpool, looking back over the past few seasons they have progressed really well. I expected Arsenal to step up by now but they are still lacking that bite and experience. Think Liverpool will improve next year and the other lot will struggle.

And League One is where it's at, everyone else is just jealous that they don't get to play the likes of Exeter City, Brentford and Hartlepool.

Lovely day today, took today and yesterday off work (to rest for the marathon that never was :( ) Been to the gym today and will now go out the back for a bit and enjoy the lovely weather. Flying out to Edinburgh this evening, at least I can enjoy myself tomorrow now without worrying about what I'm eating/drinking/spending too long on my feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

It's kind of overcast in Cork today. Definitely note sitting outside weather. Hopefully it clears up when we all get off work for the long weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

It's kind of overcast in Cork today. Definitely note sitting outside weather. Hopefully it clears up when we all get off work for the long weekend.

Couldn't be much nicer here in Dublin... Not a cloud in the sky, warm sunshine and a cool sea breeze :)

Bring on 4pm and freedom! (Although I said that last week too and ended up being here till 7pm, damn managers...)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Congrats, RK, that's a great result. Just finished first year exams in my post grad and I have to say it was brutally hard. I'll be happy to pass at this stage. 4 weeks to wait for the results.

I'm hoping to go to Tullamore tomorrow. Other than that, I'm just spending this WE recovering and trying to get back into some sort of healthy shape. Student's diet sucks. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Cracking day here in south Dublin, only 3 1/2 hours till the weekend.
    It blows having a niggle, this is the weather to be out in but my right leg is swimming in biofreeze at the minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭MCOS

tagoona wrote: »
    Why oh why didn't I think ahead and book a b&b near athy.
    What was I thinking about when I thought that getting up at 5.30 to drive 2.5 hours the morning of a race was a good idea
    /rant
    Thanks for letting me get that off my chest !

Hey at least the sun will be out! I got up at stupid-o-clock to tear around the ring of kerry to do Valentia in dirty wintery conditions a couple of weeks ago! Only a 2 hour drive this time .... nice one :cool:

EDIT: Well done RK!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Just out for lunch, cloudy here in wex, lookin forward to plenty of running this weekend though back is still a little stiff, few pints this eve aswell and maybe get a chance to break out barbie over wend, woohoo have a good one everybody, put on plenty of sunscreen if out running

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I decided to reward myself with a few new clothes today. Got a hoodie, vest top, shorts, running t-shirt and shorts and a pair of sunglasses, for a total of around €50. :)

I think I've inherited my mum's bargain-hunting skills, the running shorts were €1.50 in JJB...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

Finished work at 4.30 today and i'm not back until the 8th June woo hoo. Session in Athenry tomorrow night then Dublin Monday and Spain on Wednesday until Sunday woo hoo!!!!! Bring on the sun!

And how boring in Pat the Plank!!!!! Thank God tonight he's last night on the Late Late. He's painful to watch!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

how very dare you,,pat is sex on legs:D

Ah come on now! Pat the Plank!!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

My head hurts.

Beer is a good thing to include in your training plans right?

Absolutely, it's carbo-loading :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Excellent. I have decided that today should be a rest day now.

• Advertisement

so did everyone have a good weekend?
    Just thinking about getting out of my bed now :) Need to pack a bag for my hols tomorrow and then maybe I'll sit in the sun for the day....oh the decisions!!!! :D

Yup! I certainly did, Cork was fun :)

Now to go for a run, then to pack my bag to head down to Galway... I'm seeing a lot of the country in a very short space of time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Unbelievable weekend, indulged in numerous sports apart from the unspeakable - cycling, tennis, golf, ice cream eating and beer drinking....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

christeb wrote: »
    Unbelievable weekend, indulged in numerous sports apart from the unspeakable - cycling, tennis, golf, ice cream eating and beer drinking....

i know 'beer drinking' is a sport..........

....but i think you're pushing it with 'ice cream eating'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

I hate having the flu in this beautiful weather!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Ehh.. Been to New York or Mexico recently?
    Or is it possibly hay fever?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

Bally8 wrote: »
    I hate having the flu in this beautiful weather!!!

are you sure its the 'flu' ? they say you would'nt be able to type a post if it really was the 'flu' !!! ;) maybe man flu??? :D

Ha ha no out of Ireland trips for me recently. I thought it was hayfever first but it developed into full blown horrible flu over the weekend. Apparently its going round these parts. It's just soooo unfair-I want to be able to breathe properly..moan moan moan moan (I'm the worlds worst patient)

;) maybe man flu??? :D

Possibly...but Im missing a very important piece of anatomy for that to be true:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

are you sure its the 'flu' ? they say you would'nt be able to type a post if it really was the 'flu' !!! ;) maybe man flu??? :D
    Bally8 wrote: »
    Possibly...but Im missing a very important piece of anatomy for that to be true:D

Man-flu is more of a state of mind than anything else... I've plenty of female friends who suffer from man-flu i.e. they're wimps when it comes to being sick!

(Before I get killed, I get man-flu all the time!)

Advertisement