Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst housemates ever?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

jackncoke wrote: »
    When i was in college,i lived with a lad who only showered 3 times in the 9 months...wasnt the biggest hit with the ladies

you monitored someone's showering pattern? touché

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Took about 6 hours for the police to eventually get him out.
    As they were bundling him into the cop car he shouts over "sorry about the mess mate, I'll clean it up when I get back".
    Needless to say, I never saw him again.

He wasn't actually that bad a flatmate but he was definitely the craziest.
    Ye gotta give him respect for wanting to clean up the mess he caused, though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

d-don wrote: »
    Low and behold someone had taken a huge dump in the rubbish bin in the toilet !

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

lol that has to be the funniest thing i ever heard!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

Ive such a craving for mushy peas right now...

Oh and great thread:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

thermo66 wrote: »
    Eh .... lock your door !!! DISGUSTING !!
    no locks unfortunately, but yeah it was disgusting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

Great thread
    A girl I used to work with who when she lived in England had an older flatmate she caught masturbating over her when she slept,
    didn't confront him at the time but locked her door there after and was looking for anew place asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭DARKIZE

Used to live in the UK for a while and shared a house with 2 other lads for a bit. The place wasn't great to start with, but came home one cold winter's night to find that they'd pulled off the sitting room door and were burning it as firewood. It was a case of "throw another bit of door on the fire there".

Also shared another mixed house where one the girls used to take my clothes out of the washing machine, dry them, iron whatever needed to be ironed, and fold nicely before leaving them in a neat pile on my bed......all of her own accord. I'd have her back tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 theZer

Im currently living with a terrible housmate... Firstly, the girl clearly has some serious defecits, mainly emotional. She has no capacity to interact on any level. For example, she can't ask for money when the rent is due (she will either sms or leave a note at my door), she will completely ignore you comming into the place even if you walk right past her. Another healthly habit of hers is that she will scurry into her room upon your arrival, and literally stay in there for hours, eating all meals in there. After living with her for 5 months, i feel a bond with her like i feel with a bum off the street. Her only attempt to bond with me was at the beginning, when she divulged extremely private information about people i knew, that was told in confidence.

Her second major flaw is her laziness/uselessness. The girl is just a complete slob, leaving food in sauspans, plates, cups, rubbish everywhere for days- leaving the kitchen unsanitary. Even when she decides to clean, its the bare minimum, with plates still half dirty.

One day she is going to make some guy extremely miserable!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

my mate has bad housemate. Poor Glenn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

theZer wrote: »
    Im currently living with a terrible housmate... Firstly, the girl clearly has some serious defecits, mainly emotional. She has no capacity to interact on any level. For example, she can't ask for money when the rent is due (she will either sms or leave a note at my door), she will completely ignore you comming into the place even if you walk right past her. Another healthly habit of hers is that she will scurry into her room upon your arrival, and literally stay in there for hours, eating all meals in there. After living with her for 5 months, i feel a bond with her like i feel with a bum off the street. Her only attempt to bond with me was at the beginning, when she divulged extremely private information about people i knew, that was told in confidence.

Her second major flaw is her laziness/uselessness. The girl is just a complete slob, leaving food in sauspans, plates, cups, rubbish everywhere for days- leaving the kitchen unsanitary. Even when she decides to clean, its the bare minimum, with plates still half dirty.

One day she is going to make some guy extremely miserable!

Is she nice looking?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭shreksaurus

I'm a long time reader of after hours and when I saw this post I had to reply.

Used to work in a hotel and lived in staff accommadation. Used to share a room with a girl who had no problems stripping in front of me.

I'm a heavy sleeper and it takes a lot to wake me. This woman to used to bring back her boyfriend and many nights they would wake me up making noises riding each other. I didn't know what to do except pretend I was still asleep. It was awful - I wanted to be deaf. I fancied her boyfriend too and I saw him once in the nip and thought i want some of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Used to work in a hotel and lived in staff accommadation. Used to share a room with a girl who had no problems stripping in front of me.

I'm a heavy sleeper and it takes a lot to wake me. This woman to used to bring back her boyfriend and many nights they would wake me up making noises riding each other. I didn't know what to do except pretend I was still asleep. It was awful - I wanted to be deaf. I fancied her boyfriend too and I saw him once in the nip and thought i want some of that.
    Shoulda just joined in.Much better then wanting to be deaf and lusting after her bf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I had a housemate who used to bang his girlfriend quite loudly every night also. She was like "aaah! aah! aah! aaah!" and he was like "OOAAH! OOAAAH! OOAAAH!" Just got some earplugs in the end to drown it out. Didn't complain too much about it tbh cos he was one of the nicest fellas I knew, who'd give you the shirt off his back:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭nitrogen

A couple of weeks later I was walking home late one night.
    I saw a commotion outside a Nite Club and there was yer man, taking on about 6 bouncers, waving a pool ball round his head in a sock.
    He was going beserk but as I passed he just stopped and says "alright mate, did you have a pleasant evening? see you later".
    And the madness continued.

Probably the funniest thing I've ever read on boards. It sounds like you could turn that experience into a book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Breaktown

efla wrote: »

Anyway, I lived with the guy for a year and didn't know his name for six months. He was one of those people that never speaks until spoken to, and at that does nothing to continue a conversation. Not too bad in itself, but there were a few things he did to make it torture.

So I'm not the only one that didn't know a housemates name then. I lived with two Spanish guys for three months. I introduced myself on the first day but I had absolutly no idea what they said when they told me their names and we never spoke to each other after that. They used to pile tons of dishes in the sink to the point where I couldn't wash my own stuff. They filled the small freezer and when I tried to put my own stuff in, they took it out and left it in the fridge. They filled all the presses with their food so I had to keep my own stuff in my room. Then the parties started. They were really noisy till 7am and kept leaving the kitchen door open so I could hear even more stuff. I moved out not long after that.

Then there was a couple in their 30's who made me very uncomfortable. I was 18 at the time and wanted to live with someone my own age (I had no choice in the matter). They used to argue all the time and I think he might have hit her.

There was the roomate who insisted in bringing her boyfriend into the room to spend the night - while I was there.

There was the girl who used to nearly make me sick with her eating habits. Onions mixed with natural yogurt on toast. She would also yell at me if I got up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

There was the roomate who would always let the door bang and kept waking me up. She would jump out of bed in the middle of the night for a smoke outside and left the apartment door open. Then she started leaving it open any time she left. I moved out not long after that.

There were the three girls who refused to take out the rubbish. I got sick of being the only one taking it out so we ended up with a huge sack taking up half the kitchen floor that nobody could move. They would also leave plates with bits of food on them all over the floor. I moved out not long after that.

Then there were the people I actually liked but were extemely messy. The dishwasher smelt like a bin and there were pots of mouldy pasta frequently left lying around. And they stole my food.

I've had 26 housemates and lived in 7 places in 5.5 years. Fortunetly now I just live with my boyfriend so it's all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I had a female muslim housemate who was "traumatised" by the noise of me and my gf consumating our relationship in the room next to her and also another housemate who kept her chlymydia cream in the shower and invited blokes back around 4am to ride her senseless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

First time moving a way from home for collage...

Lived witha donnamead lad, now this lad had issue's besides from being a waffler I mean the story's, he'd come out with where not right....

Entertaining but but Big pork pie's he through a traffic cone out the back over the wall that landed on some dude car opne night we where having a prty, the land lord came over and the place was going of she braugh her husband who shined tourch's in our face... kinda funny...

Beside from that couldnt hold his drink got into fight's small man's syndrome sneared any body and genrally behaved like a prat... i like tidy house he was a maessy little toe rag, he couldnt cleen up after him self. and one drunken night attacked me to which he got a nice slap...

i can go with names he becuase, There in different country's

Isla aussie girl lived with her in france last season, she was so dumb.
    The boss said you a dumb cvnt, her resonce would be rather be a dumb cvnt then a cvnt...

come in at all hour waking us up with eather some coked up french tosser, who would begin to cause trouble... end up getting knocked out buy another flat mate and getting the gandamra in nice... so i had to get interveiwed bye them. Other things she do would walk out completly blitzed starkers naked and start having a conversation with you when you where drunk, it got worse she was noisey slamed doors all the time, spoke so loudly argued with every one, then one night there was a massive argument with every one else in the flat... and she left and never came back good riddance...

Amanada half Philopino half chinese spoiled little brat who suffered from red rage she attacked every bloke in the place at least once, never cleen up after her used all the toilet role ate every one food and beheaved like a bltch.. Slept with every bloke she could while her boy friend was back in england only to come home to find her best friend in bed with him ironic.

tom , i mentioned him in a nother forum we just pulled practicle jokes all the time on him because he was so stupid, was a lot of fun smoeked all his grean...but he pulled some nice chicks... but he passed out with one girl and she was still awake came into the sittin room wear i was watching tv and i scored her for him he woke up wondered where she was and saw her in bed with me :D... i enjoyed that, pissed him of no end again couldnt cleen look after him self etc.. mammys boy...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

5 posts deleted. If you want to bitch about someone's spelling, grammar, sentence structure or punctuation, do it elsewhere.

Anyone who points out any mistakes in this post will be banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bambera

My auntie and her husband brought me and my sister for a drive up a hill to show us a secluded house in Jersey when I was a kid. There was all writing in red painted covering the entire outside walls of the house about God and Jesus. The windows were all really filthy and smuged aswell and there was huge mounds of rubbish in the garden. Turned out the man who lived there had tenants living in it aswell. They must have been getting really cheep rent to live in a crazy house like that.

I lived part time up the north for a while in a flat with 2 girls and a guy while doing a course. One of the girls was the most immature crazy bitch I ever came accross, and she was older than me!

She would stand out on the balcony in her towl in February smoking, needless to say I'm sure the men in the flat bellow had a great view up her towl. Anyway this wasnt my problem.

It was when she would come in nearly every night at 3am and start screaming at the top of her voice "I'm a Virgin" and blairing music that I started gettig a little peed off.
    She would bring guys home and let them sleep in the bed with her but not let them do anything with her (I was thankfull for that at least cause I had to sleep in the bunk above her) She would run off and hide in the morning and I would have to kick the bloke out so i could get dressed.

Thats just one of the things she used to do, fortunatley I was able to block the rest out of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Housemate with a guy for about a year, nice guy, friendly, a little to friendly.
    Got to the point were I would get home and go straight to my room. Then he started coming in there for a chat.

Moved out a year ago and hes still ringing and texting me to come around for dinner, and as we work in the same company comes to my desk to ask for PC advice.

I really really thought having a stalker would be more fun

Oh did I mention while living there he took pictures of me sleeping and posted them to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

This guy: (not the religious lad, the prejudiced muppet who posted it.)
    I had to let a maintenance guy into our apartment today and into a roommates room.

The room mate has stuff moved into the room for a few months but hasn't even spent a night here yet I don't think.

Anyway, first time I've seen inside the room and he has all these religious pictures set up on the desk, like a little shrine, or praying spot.

I honestly feel slightly uneasy about the prospect of living with this guy and him being so religious delusional.

How could you place any trust in a person who obviously has such little intelligence that he actually prays to "God"?

BTW this is not a thread about Religion, it's about a fundamental mistrust I have in religious people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Linc

i'm currently in one of these situations.nothing too bad but she is a friend so makes matters a little more awkward.saying that she's a college friend and i've only known her about 2 years.she's grand but wouldn't take suggestions or anything remotely criticising well,the whole house knows when she's in a bad mood and is the most competitive person i know.

she brings her niece to stay on weekends forgetting that this is a houseshare with 3 other people who may not want to have to ooo and aaa over a kid on their days off work and who may not want to listen to their tantrums and watch kids films?

my question is...is the only solution to move out when she's not exactly the easiest person to approach?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Linc

'She left used tampons on the floor'

That is the sickest thing I think I have ever heard....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Linc wrote: »
    'She left used tampons on the floor'

That is the sickest thing I think I have ever heard....

That sort of behaviour is a HELL of a lot more common than people realise. Some girls are just disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Ewww I've never come accross that, and I hope I never do :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭DTrotter

Lived in a crap "apartment/dorm" in Bondi junction in Sydney for a couple months. Basically one of those places you pay by the week, no bills, no deposits. The place was a bunch of "rooms", glorified cupboards would b e a btter description. A Japanese girl brought a male friend home, she certainly enjoyed herself. It sounded like he was trying to run in a pair of wellies that were 3 sizes to big for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Lived in student accomodation for a year in Galway... wasnt the best of times but I enjoyed it all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

That sort of behaviour is a HELL of a lot more common than people realise. Some girls are just disgusting.

Are you serious? Yuck!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

In my first year of college, I lived with a Portuguese girl who was studying here for a year. She liked to hoover at 3am and one night she came into my room and asked could she borrow a razor. I gave her one (unused!) and told her she could have it but a while later she returned it to me.... With loads of hair in it.... As in pubic hair.... EWWWWW! :(:(:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Belinda_Coopers

amcalester wrote: »
    I lived with 2 guys for about 9 months and regularly got into arguments with them about anything and everything (I closed the door too loudly, the fire was too hot, I used the oven too much (we had seperate ESB bills) and other things, too many to mention really)

Anywhosen, 1 day the cops turned up looking for the 2 of them because they had been trying to lure kids into their van and they went on the lan.

So who is the worst person you've lived with or shared a house with?
    I lived with a girl for about 6 months and I noticed she had a lot of men friends over, but she always asked me to "not be around when they call" At first I was like ok whatever. But then I got tired of it and refused to leave my home when ever she had a male friend over. Turned out she was a prostitute and wanted me to leave when her male "friends" came to visit. I moved out the next day.

Advertisement