Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berget 7 - 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Lemming wrote: »
    Cheapest flight is Sunday. Monday's has gone up. Tuesday means sorting your train times for the same day as well realistically, unless you want to turn up on Wednesday.

I'm working off the assumption of Sunday 21 - Mon 29th (so that's three nights in total required in Stockholm; Sun 21, Mon 22, Sun 28). That's an instant 1912 SEK (€175) for flights + the €20 or so for "special baggage"

Just looking at booking my flights now (I know, should have done it by now :p)

Monday appears to have gone down though, it works out €193 return flying out Monday 22nd and back Mon 29th to Stockholm Arlanda.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

They do say there is a local swimming pool "near" the site but never knew were it was so just used the ice cold one's they have available.
    It was like getting hit with the water from a fire hose.

I believe you perfected a very effective technique. Get several other people to spray you whilst you turned around quickly. Less self-infliction of pain. I had to endure the self-inflicted agony though since my hair really needed a wash. I was getting a serious case of "ice on the brain" from the water temperature.

They do have hot showers, but they can only run the generators for a short period each day. If you don't avail, you make do with cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Did they not provide showers in a local gym last year?

Local swimming pool. No way of getting there without a car. Also it would generally be a choice of sleep or shower. Most people choose sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Baby wipes FTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭ACW

Baby wipes FTW. - If good enough for First Marine recon, good enough for Airsofters!

• Advertisement

Flights booked. It's gone up to 2404SEK/225EUR (including special baggage), so anyone who hasn't booked it yet needs to hurry up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Flights booked, €212 for flights and a further €36 for the "Sporting Weapons"

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

Has the actual gaming area been announced yet? And if so, is there a map?
    I'd head over to the BE site & forums and check there, but I'm about to head to work and don't fancy browsing those sites on my phone!

I'm watching the BE forum. As soon as there's anything to report, I'll post it here.

All the talk on the BE board at the moment is about getting a heavy power metal band called Sabaton to perform at the Beer Party. Ho hum. There were a few arguments about suitable camo for the Swedish summer (anything green). That's about it really.

cheers Ozcam. I thought they would have announced it by now.
    When I was at Berget 5 the gaming area was VERY close to some of those 'large bodies of water'. That's how I'll be scrubbing up.
    I've a rather scary picture to post from a previous Berget. I'll post it when I get home ( am in work on my mobile now :( )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

OzCam wrote: »
    All the talk on the BE board at the moment is about getting a heavy power metal band called Sabaton to perform at the Beer Party.

Never heard of them but I will just say..........awsome. Airsoft and metal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭MAD Ozzie

Sabaton, Good band, Hard rock to heavy metal. Here is a clip, all war themed music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWlYDTH48bg&feature=related

Found the pic I was looking for. Here's how you wash up at a Swedish airsoft event! :p

P1040297.jpg

I've my flights booked btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

13 lads in their skimpies having a dip, with not one swedish blonde in sight

Why do i have the feeling i made a good choice bailing on this >:P

Is that lemming there? Assuming cause of the long hair. I wonder did he show this infamous " pig" to everyone. I hear alot about it

>:P

13 lads in their skimpies having a dip, with not one swedish blonde in sight

Better than the sight of 13 lads in a tent :P
    Is that lemming there? Assuming cause of the long hair. I wonder did he show this infamous " pig" to everyone. I hear alot about it

His hair is too short, and there's the minor issue of what year that photo was taken :p

But you'll be getting introduced to the pig in April Doc ...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

But you'll be getting introduced to the pig in April Doc ...

Well you are going to be introduced to the Arlzinator( hopefully) essentially alot of m16 rapid fire coupled with a dirty 203 grenade...to make you feel like a whiny bitch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

ASI Casper wrote: »
    Found the pic I was looking for. Here's how you wash up at a Swedish airsoft event! :p

P1040297.jpg

I've my flights booked btw!

Lads...no soap on a rope?

If anyone needs to drop out, I've a taker for your place, PM me please. Cheers

It's all gone very quiet on the Berget website and forum. I guess everyone's waiting for the game area announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

It's all gone very quiet on the Berget website and forum. I guess everyone's waiting for the game area announcement.

Any idea when it'll be announced?

• Advertisement

Yeah, I'm really keen to know this bit of info too.
    I hope we don't have to wait too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Just paid for my flights :D

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Conkey

Probably going to be April.

Once they open the NATO forms to us it's usually not too long after that they release pics and the maps of the game area, main safe zone and our HQ.

(Reposted from bookings and INFO thread.)
    ...a couple of question. I may find myself available for this event.

Now that most of you have made booking. can you please confirm with me how much it costs, excluding tickets.

For whatever the majority are doing, I'm sure everyone has now a fixed price for what they paid, and I would like to get a rough idea, should i be able to budget for it.

Also, are their tickets left for nato and how much am i looking at?

DOC, there are probably no NATO tickets left. Your best bet is to PM kjsaw and ask him (as the CO he may have one or two left). If not, email berget-events and ask if there are any returns. You might be lucky.

Update 08 Mar 2009 - 23:20
    "The last NATO tickets!

There will soon be some NATO-tickets avaible for sale.

The price will be 118 EURO each.

If you are interested, email to info@berget-events.com with "NATO-ticket" as topic for your email. Write how many tickets you want and we will contact you when they are avaible. These tickets will be avaible from unpaied NATO players."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭kjsaw

(Reposted from bookings and INFO thread.)

DOC, there are probably no NATO tickets left. Your best bet is to PM kjsaw and ask him (as the CO he may have one or two left). If not, email berget-events and ask if there are any returns. You might be lucky.

There are some NATO tickets for sale on the Swedish airsoft forums. If you are quick about it there is also some tickets available via the normal booking form.

(Reposted from Bookings and Info thread)
    Skatedude wrote: »
    does anyone know when we get our player id for the armbands? as i want to get the order in early

Although the main website hasn't got much news since January, apart from the appointment of a Mayor for Bashir City, there's a lot of work going on in the background. I expect there will be some announcements shortly, probably after the last batch of tickets are sold.

On another note kjsaw, any word on when access to the NATO forums wil start being granted, and consequently announcement & maps of the game area?

(Reposted from Bookings and Info thread)

Although the main website hasn't got much news since January, apart from the appointment of a Mayor for Bashir City, there's a lot of work going on in the background. I expect there will be some announcements shortly, probably after the last batch of tickets are sold.

I am checking into this now. I might already have the data. Otherwise I am making sure I get hold of it.

The site should be announced soon. BE will release their version of the map then. NATO Will run its own version of the map.

On another note kjsaw, any word on when access to the NATO forums wil start being granted, and consequently announcement & maps of the game area?

"Soon" as soon as my company commanders confirm to me they have their initial rosters sorted out I will open up to having more people join the NATO forum. Berget have told me they will announce the site within the next few weeks, I have produced a map for them, so the ball is in their court. NATO will have its own version of the map (I did not like the choice BE made for a grid system), and this is already available to company commanders. I am encoding the NATO map with lots of extra info, when that is done I will start to release it. However I may not release a digital version to everyone as I might want to control dissemination of the data. If I choose not to release the digital version, I would make sure there was a printed a4 version for everyone on site.

/k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Gosh, it all seems very professional.
    I hope the amateurs amongst us won't lower the bar.

Advertisement