Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berget 7 - 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Think everyone from ie is down as Na Fianna?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

ASI Casper wrote: »
    I'm not planning on any heavy nights out in Stockholm. Mainly due to the price of booze there. Might not seem as pricey to you guys in the South as booze is pretty pricey there anyway compared with NI.
    A meal in a decent restaurant can be fairly pricey too from what I remember of Sweden from Berget in 2007.
    I don't really want to be waking up late with a hangover in Stockholm anyway as I want to get out and see a bit of the city.

Here's what I've spent so far:
    Game fee ( inc berget transport to / from Sundsvall ): £103.27 ( 120 EURO )
    Stockholm accommodation ( 3 nights room only ): £204.75 ( 223 EURO )
    Train from Stockholm to Sundsvall ( 1st class inc meal ): £25.39
    Train from Sundsvall to Stockholm ( 1st class inc meal ): £51.36
    Flights to / from Stockholm: £197.77 ( 212.70 EURO )
    'Special baggage' fee: £33.47 ( 36 EURO )
    About the same and throw in 200euro for a Storm case :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭scanlant

kdouglas wrote: »

thanks kd, that's what I thought

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

kdouglas wrote: »

Not absolutely everyone - there are some exceptions - but Na Fianna will do fine.

Wormbyte's got the countries of origin on his list as well.

OzCam wrote: »
    Not absolutely everyone - there are some exceptions - but Na Fianna will do fine.

Wormbyte's got the countries of origin on his list as well.

Of course, but the majority will be with Na Fianna, and I tend to side with the majority :D.

• Advertisement

Posted: Mon 04 May, 2009 19:11

New game area is ready, we will release the new maps late this weekend. Game area will be close to Harnosand City. Please stand by for further information.

Please send questions to:
    info@berget-events.com

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Kudos for the constant updates, makes **** alot easier to follow, always forget to check berget forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Guys you should have gotten a mail from berget asking what time you'll be arriving and leaving don't forget to reply!

What is the story with eye protection. I'm considering getting the Revision Eyewear Bullet Ant Goggles (linky http://www.opticsplanet.net/revision-eyewear-bullet-ant-goggles-basic.html) for easy target acquisition.

Are they suitable for field use? I'm assuming they are because they're full seal and the lenses are Milspec.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭MAD Ozzie

Look good, I may just get a pair too, as I dont think mesh ones will be safe at Berget.
    I seem to fog every thing else I use :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭plastic_axe

MAD Ozzie wrote: »
    I dont think mesh ones will be safe at Berget.

I'd say mesh would be fine, I've seen them take a hit at 400 fps no problem.
    The high power guns will have minimum engagement rules.

Its more the ammo some players may be using. I will take them anyway ;)

Worried after the romour of the thousand fps sniper rifle using glass bbs?

500fps will do it too. Better to be safe than sorry ;)

Under US regulations I can make a pair of goggles out of toilet paper and say they're "ballistic rated" if I want. It means nothing without hard details.
    That site doesn't quote an ANSI or EN approval or standards rating for those goggles, you have to go to the Revision website to find it.

Where you will find that they're "certified to ANSI Z87.1 and Military Requirements (MIL-V-43511C clause 3.5.10 and MIL-PRF-31013 clause 3.5.1.1)". That's more like it. Revision's own testing gives what I make to be 28.56 joules. Should be good enough for most airsofters. :)

PS: Neil, don't worry about it. The Berget rules clearly state that
    Glass, clay, alu & steel BB´s are strictly forbidden. MAX BIOVAL BB's are forbidden due to their hard shell. They can break windshields of ingame vehicles and safety glasses. ( transparent BBs are also forbidden to avoid misunderstandings.)

The maximum velocity allowed is 199m/s, with a 40 metre minimum engagement distance.

I'm not worried because ill be the one with the 2,000 fps sniper rifle and the mehal pelitz similar to this plant! MUAHAHAHA *joke*

827184973_a1427712b7.jpg?v=0

Guys the Irish platoon structure is up on the NATO forum just fyi

Section 2
    Dar Na Fianna
    Shiva Na Fianna
    Gerrout Na Fianna
    Cheeky Monkey Na Fianna Sniper
    kdouglas Na Fianna
    senordingdong Na Fianna
    doc Na Fianna
    Tommyboy Na Fianna
    Casper
    OzCam Na Fianna

We need a medic, FSG and section leader and second in command. Going to keep information here rather then hawks forum for the benefit of Casper and Ozcam. More then likely myself and Dar will put ourself forward for command positions but obviously Oz and casper along with everyone else has a say in it so start throwing out suggestions please and we can get ourselves sorted sooner rather then later.

Doc, any chance you could put all the platoons up. I'm still waiting on my confirmation to get access to the NATO forums.
    Thanks,
    T

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Ditto, except I'm just not arsed signing up to them.

• Advertisement

*Sigh* I'm not in any of those sections

Lads, if anyone knows external contact details (not Berget forums) for kjsaw, can you please give them to me.

I've PMed him twice in the last week about joining I company, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet.

Cheers

Tadgh,

did you buy your ticket second hand from the marketplace?

You need to get in touch with Berget and get the ticket name changed etc.

Although KJsaw will probably have to update the roster.

Post in the indiia company thread with your name and ticket number etc

Looks like 2 of my clones may not make it! Will confurm next week.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Tadgh,

did you buy your ticket second hand from the marketplace?

You need to get in touch with Berget and get the ticket name changed etc.

Although KJsaw will probably have to update the roster.

Post in the indiia company thread with your name and ticket number etc

Yes, I did buy it second hand. Ticket has been transferred to my name.

Must post in the I Co forum, but I don't have access to the NATO forum

scanlant wrote: »
    *Sigh* I'm not in any of those sections

Lads, if anyone knows external contact details (not Berget forums) for kjsaw, can you please give them to me.

I've PMed him twice in the last week about joining I company, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet.

Cheers

Kris's been away for a few days and he has a backlog of access requests to get through. He says he'll get to them this evening.

We'll get you sorted, don't worry.

Who is Steven Murphy?

Question for previous Berget attendees.

do platoons actually move in the general vacinity of each other, the sections split into covering manouvres.

For example. India platoon ordered to capture a small complex with 4 buildings, then sections split up on manouvres to capture the objective.

PR events have a similar setup but most often or not platoon dont move together ( although the irish one did more so then others) and its usually sections given direct commands from ZERO.

Should we expect command flow to be

HQ -> Platoon Commander -> Section commanders

With the platoon moving in sync and PLT. Commanders sending sections in directions around the same objective?

Just a questiong puzzling me.

Question for previous Berget attendees.

do platoons actually move in the general vicinity of each other, the sections split into covering manoeuvres.

Yes
    For example. India platoon ordered to capture a small complex with 4 buildings, then sections split up on manouvres to capture the objective.

Not sure what you mean.
    PR events have a similar setup but most often or not platoon don't move together ( although the Irish one did more so then others) and its usually sections given direct commands from ZERO.

Should we expect command flow to be

HQ -> Platoon Commander -> Section commanders

Yes. Digression allowed for decisions on the field though.
    With the platoon moving in sync and PLT. Commanders sending sections in directions around the same objective?

Ideally yes. But it really doesn't work out like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭kjsaw

Platoon Leader .....

Staff Sergeant .....

You might consider at minimum removing peoples TicketID's from this post, or taking this list back where it came from..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭plastic_axe

kjsaw wrote: »
    You might consider at minimum removing peoples TicketID's from this post, or taking this list back where it came from..
    +1 please

also, does anyone know if jinko is from sligo??
    if so... i love that guy!

Advertisement