Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biggest Sh1thole In The Country?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭NickCarraway

Quint wrote: »
    I laughed when i read that!:D

Carrick on suir is getting slated! No one from there willing to defend it?

Don't think they have the interweb down there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭gillyfromlyre

Been all over Europe with the Hubby and Dublin ticks all the wrong boxes, the people either talk like they've lived half their life in beverly hills and half in Killiney, or they talk like escapees from a slow learner camp. And I won't even start about the city itself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭NickCarraway

Ebonyellie wrote: »
    on a different note, now i wouldnt call longford a ****hole, but all in all, it has to qualify for the most INSIGNIFICANT county in ireland. has it ever won an all ireland? any famous people form there? its hardly a touist hot spot. What does it bring to irish culture?

Definitely wins the most pointless county in Ireland award. I mean does anyone actually know anyone from there?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Quint wrote: »
    I laughed when i read that!:D

Carrick on suir is getting slated! No one from there willing to defend it?

Check this out :

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055351778

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

The Gerenral Tallaght/Clondalkin/Ballyfermot area,not all of it and there are some sound peopl about the place,but as a whole its an awful dive,gearheads and alcoholics everywhere,little b*stard kids going around causing chaos,and the whole place is never gonna win tidy towns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭taibhse

I'm from dublin and I think its a ****hole, I mean for a capital city, we just have nothin in it, no proper infrastructure, not much culture and its always grey. Its just an ugly city, definitely one of the worst in Europe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

rossie1977 wrote: »
    ireland is nowhere close to 70% kip or even 30% kip; where in ireland can you compare to the favelas in rio of which there are hundreds, there are some bad parts of this country no doubt but many many wonderful parts too
    There's a bit of a difference between a kip and a favella in Rio. If there wasn't I'd have said Ireland is about 70% favella.
    you need to go to parts of africa to see what real-sh*tholes look like

You aren't the only one who has been all over the world..... wide web!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Monaghan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

RaverRo808 wrote: »
    The Gerenral Tallaght/Clondalkin/Ballyfermot area,not all of it and there are some sound peopl about the place,but as a whole its an awful dive,gearheads and alcoholics everywhere,little b*stard kids going around causing chaos,and the whole place is never gonna win tidy towns

I'm have lived in two towns outta from the above, still living in one of them. I wholeheartedly agree with everything you've said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

Rory123 wrote: »
    There's a bit of a difference between a kip and a favella in Rio. If there wasn't I'd have said Ireland is about 70% favella.

I've been in many Rio favelas where I would live first before some areas in inner city Dublin. Sea views, warm weather, mostly cool neighbours ...the rest pretty much the same, crime and social issues.

I live in Dublin, but I stay away from city centre as much as I can. Maybe once a month tops. It is a stressing and depressing sh1t hole allright.

Somehow the question on sh1t holes made me think of still-organ...but no, it is just a crappy name :)

• Advertisement

Been all over Europe with the Hubby and Dublin ticks all the wrong boxes, the people either talk like they've lived half their life in beverly hills and half in Killiney, or they talk like escapees from a slow learner camp. And I won't even start about the city itself
    Wow I've never heard such a generalisation in my life. I'm from Co. Dublin all my life, I live in the sticks between Ashbourne and the Naul and I definately don't fall into either of those categories. Yeah Dublin is a kip but that's a bit harsh and basically wrong. I wouldn't like people to think I'm from Beverly Hills or Killiney and I certainly don't talk like I've just escaped from a "slow learner camp". Actually could you define this "slow learner camp"?
    Infact I've not met many people in Ireland who could guess where in the country I am from, and I act and speak pretty much like my whole family and most of the people I've grown up around.
    Have you been far north of Drumcondra?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 vtec_vinni

donmeister wrote: »
    What about Nigeria?

ohhh.. you mean Willow Park in Athlone!

Zynks wrote: »
    I've been in many Rio favelas where I would live first before some areas in inner city Dublin. Sea views, warm weather, mostly cool neighbours ...the rest pretty much the same, crime and social issues.

I live in Dublin, but I stay away from city centre as much as I can. Maybe once a month tops. It is a stressing and depressing sh1t hole allright.

Somehow the question on sh1t holes made me think of still-organ...but no, it is just a crappy name :)
    Zynks, read the exchanges between myself and rossie1977 on page 4 to put into context what you just quoted.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭destroyer

Anywhere in the region of Dublin city centre .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Athy, Co. Kildare

I've never read so much garbage in all my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Lyre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

eh, arent we talking about the biggest sh*thole in Ireland, no point talking about another country with a totally different climate. The rest of Ireland also doesnt see any sun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

I'm have lived in two towns outta from the above, still living in one of them. I wholeheartedly agree with everything you've said.

And they say the South is the posh part of Dublin,think again,the southside has taken the mantle of being the kippy part of Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Has anyone mentioned any town or village in Leitrim,because they would win hands down!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Rory123 wrote: »

i have been to parts of africa :) i have never seen a street in this country with an open sewer in a residental area, the smell so bad you have to cover your mouth, the water running down onto the beach, the beach itself covered with so much rubbish, stuff left there for years

and btw you are still wrong, this country is nowhere near 70% kip, get out and explore it, achill island, connemara, inishowen, north antrim, west cork, clare, sligo, west donegal.

RaverRo808 wrote: »
    And they say the South is the posh part of Dublin,think again,the southside has taken the mantle of being the kippy part of Dublin

Yeah true, the northside sousthside thing is stupid, i'm from a kip in the southside and the girlfriend is from malahide on the northside, go figure!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Ebonyellie wrote: »
    clonmellon is just grey, its all grey, just one big grey st, like a fifties timewarp.

Like a lot of other places around there... Delvin, Kinnegad (does it even exist any more?!), Killucan... all beaten by the joy that is Mullingar. It ALWAYS rains in Mullingar!

Has anyone mentioned Neilstown yet?!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,319 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

And has anyone mentioned Artane yet?

Ah here, this is getting ridiculous. Artane is anything but a sh*thole. Quite a nice area IMO and no, I'm not from there. Anyone who thinks Artane is a sh*thole or in any way rough is as soft as sh*te.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

syklops wrote: »
    Darndale

Bout time.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Has anyone mentioned any town or village in Leitrim,because they would win hands down!

a come on now you'll need to frame you're ideas a bit better!

Every town in Letrim? Carrick has to be one of the nicest places ive been anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Grimes wrote: »
    kipness ratio

now there's an expression you're not likely to hear George Lee using on the RTE news :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Can we say all of Dublin? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

The biggest ****hole is a little place at the back of Muff.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

galwayrush wrote: »
    The biggest ****hole is a little place at the back of Muff.;)

Quigleys point?

Advertisement