Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday: Sleet and Snow - Connaught, Leinster, Ulster

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Utter whiteout!!!!
    Temp falling, whoohoooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Gonzo wrote: »
    raining here in Santry, but am about to get the bus's back to Dunshaughlin, hopefully there might still be snow there when i get back later on.

There's plenty and it hasn't rained either. Bit of a thaw beginning however- snow sliding off cars etc.

Supercell wrote: »
    Utter whiteout!!!!
    Fair rise in temp here now-almost 4c
    Raining moderately.
    Most of the snow is gone.
    Still some in the garden and ditches.

I wouldnt be surprised if you get a bit of wet snow from this band, it seems to be bringing its own weather, though already tapering off.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

And now its over, wow, that was some edge to the front, madness to nothing in a few minutes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Supercell wrote: »
    Utter whiteout!!!!
    This has just arrived
    Borderline sleet.
    Can just make out the odd big flake.
    3.1/2.4C

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Nice covering here, trees, roads and grass all covered and snowing now too. This could last.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

rc28 wrote: »
    There's plenty and it hasn't rained either. Bit of a thaw beginning however- snow sliding off cars etc.

Crap, some light rain and it's melting fairly fast- the 2.5 inches has been compacted down to about 1.5inches.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

All todays snow has pretty much melted with the rain, but the old snow (about 2 inches) is still solid. Rain has really messed up the roads as it is trapped bewteen the snow and ice ruts.

And now we have sleety rain which probably will turn back to snow and sleet before clearing. Crazy conditions.

• Advertisement

Yep..sure enough..tis lashing snow again:D

Ok, burst of heavy sleet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

V heavy snow here in North Meath. 2 - 3 inches lying on the ground and still snowing heavy!

That was definately the last of it, can see clearer skies to my west now.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Snowing heavy now. Don't think is going to thaw out like yesterday. About 1 1/2 inches here.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Rodg3

Christ...wish it'd start back up.... this is what it was like up in Blanch/ Castleknock this morning at about 10AM

DSC_7900.JPG
    DSC_7914.JPG
    DSC_7905.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

The little snow there was in Sligo has now been sizzled away into muck by brilliant sunshine

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

Do we have a new band of snow coming in for tomorrow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭IMBACKLATER

sunny day here in westport co. mayo, had brief miniture snow flakes last night, then rain, i personally have seen no heavy snowfall throughout this whole cold snap, there have been no accumulations here, the snow feel mainly as snizzle or sleet, some nights temperatures didnt even fall below freezing, any chance of snow on MONDAY!? oe what time of conditions have to prevail in order for it to snow and accumulate in west mayo, the last time this happened was 10 years ago,

i personally am cheesed off,

if anyone else has experinced the whole non event of this cold snap please feel free to post your bitterness,

i imagine you will live in coastal extremities from the southwest upwards,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Just seen this posted on another thread. When snow goes bad !

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 16,701 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

sunny day here in westport co. mayo, had brief miniture snow flakes last night, then rain, i personally have seen no heavy snowfall throughout this whole cold snap, there have been no accumulations here, the snow feel mainly as snizzle or sleet, some nights temperatures didnt even fall below freezing, any chance of snow on MONDAY!? oe what time of conditions have to prevail in order for it to snow and accumulate in west mayo, the last time this happened was 10 years ago,

i personally am cheesed off,

if anyone else has experinced the whole non event of this cold snap please feel free to post your bitterness,

i imagine you will live in coastal extremities from the southwest upwards,

very little chance of snow on monday i'm afraid for any of us on this side the country. unless something unforseen occurs.

if you really want to see snow try walking up croagh patrick today.
    if we had a polar low coming down from greenland it would almost certainly bring you snow there.

All melted here in Lucan.
    Come back!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Blue skys here in Rathdrum, stunning day now. Out to Avondale with the kids after the footie for some fun..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Interesting to see the snow melt following the cloud across the north east on http://www.sat24.com/Region.aspx?country=gb&sat=vis&type=loop

Big thaw set in here of snow that fell before today (todays snow all gone long ago and is dragging older snow with it. :()

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

back home now, not much snow left in the fields, still about 3 inchs in the garden tho, i heard there was almost 6 inchs this morning so a seriously fast thaw is ongoing, I reckon most will be melted by 2nite at current rate. Also its feeling quite mild now in the sun, mildest its felt in over a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Plenty of snow still here, we had a thaw but it won't be long before temperatures take a tumble.
    From looking around to the places at lower altitude it seems one needs to be over 650ft or over 200m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

No snow AGAIN in the mid-west and south. Its has been a disaster for us. the east getting it ALL again. I am pretty fed up at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭GoldenGreen

Picture from Ards Forest Park, Cresslough, Donegal taken this morning. More on the Weather Pictures Forum under Snow in Donegal 8-2-2009

CIMG0418.jpg

Snow melting in letterkenny almost gone, raining part of the day here, hope there is more tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Snow gone very patchy again after the rain and the sun. Temp now 1.5 after a max of 4.2.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement