Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday: Sleet and Snow - Connaught, Leinster, Ulster

Options

Comments

Looks like the stuff on Monday night is going to track to our south at the moment!

Lets enjoy what we have at the moment!

About a cm and the snow is extremely light.
    I saw that.
    The news 24 forecasts at 730am had it hit us slightly..now it's all to our south-UKMO I presume.

Still snowing big flakes here

0.2c/-0.8c

Wet bulb -0.2c

Temp rising very slowly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Looks like the stuff on Monday night is going to track to our south at the moment!

090208_0000_48.png

ECM still giving a potential snow event. Be supprised if it was wrong this far out.

Just a cm here of snow. Won't last long. Ive seen harsher frosts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

trogdor wrote: »
    Most roads aren't actually that bad, expect local ones in estates etc. the traffic on the main ones have kept them clear of snow

we still hadnt thawed from thur - easily inch of ice on drive & outside house - car stranded since - hill basicly impassible in & out - complete whiteout here since nothing had thawed - kids having a ball .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,702 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

it's going to be all over(at least for a while) by wednesday courtesy of the azores high. so enjoy this while it lasts folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭steamjetjoe

Snowing at the mo in Kinnegad. A good 2.5 inch:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

Roofs are clearing quickly here. Has it turned to rain ? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

it's going to be all over(at least for a while) by wednesday courtesy of the azores high. so enjoy this while it lasts folks.

Ya sure?

Rtavn841.png

Rtavn842.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

shamwari wrote: »
    Roofs are clearing quickly here. Has it turned to rain ? :eek:

Temps is rising alright!

But the roofs have cleared probly because the snow has stopped and is thawing>?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Very light snow again now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Snowing a bit heavier now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Arcee wrote: »
    Nothing doing out here in Dublin 15. Lots of frost on the cars but it's still very dry out. A lot cloudier than a few hours ago though so maybe its on its way....

Lol I'm guessing you're seeing different now. Nothing but white in D 15. Drove up to the centre at half 8 and the roads were lethal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

2dwge85.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

It was snowing lightly from about half 9 until 10.15. I went for a quick walk, it was lovely to hear the sound of completely dry snow. It's sticking to everything it touches, except some patches on the road. There's a lot of low cloud about also. Cloud line is probably at about 170 metres asl or so.

For the last 10 minutes, the snow has intensified... But it could fall as rain. It's odd to hear of many parts of Meath getting a couple or more inches, yet mainly light snow falling here.

Radar did show the main front weakening as it reached the east coast, but the followup band is showing more promise.

Btw, any folks from Cavan out there?? What's the snow like for ye??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Ugh never thought I'd say this but I hate the snow! Swords is under another heavy blanket of it and it makes driving almost impossible - and parking at my gaff is uphill so that is impossible too. Suffice to say the car wont be going anywhere for quite a while. Go away snow!!!

When will it thaw/melt?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Sun is out, snow (kinda sleety for a bit) has stopped and looks like it's clearing away now:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

Temps is rising alright!

But the roofs have cleared probly because the snow has stopped and is thawing>?

I think it is rain alright. :o

Anyway, there appears to be a discrepancy between the 10am outputs for Met Eireann's rainfall radar and UK Met's one. UK's is going for more continued precipitation for a while, whereas Met E's has the main body of precipitation already in the Irish Sea and some showers over the midlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭squonk

Snowing away here still but I've a feeling the temp is rising alright ( will know when I go back upstairs and check my console) but there's a bit of a covering on the paths and cars. Needs to be heavier though

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

1.2c here now with DP 0.0c Light flurries.

Actually might be drizzle as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

Woke Up To A Nice Thick Covering Of...

Rain...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,702 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Elessar wrote: »
    Ugh never thought I'd say this but I hate the snow! Swords is under another heavy blanket of it and it makes driving almost impossible - and parking at my gaff is uphill so that is impossible too. Suffice to say the car wont be going anywhere for quite a while. Go away snow!!!

When will it thaw/melt?

blasphemy:p that should be a banning offense:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

About 8 inches of lying snow now in Rathmines...............
    If you scrape it off all the cars and lay it in an 8 inch long line!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭squonk

Show over :( Half a degree rise in temps in the last 20 minutes and my dp is now at 0 where it was -1 last time I looked. Just have sleet now and what lied is starting to melt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

About a cm dusting here, temp and DP rising... curses!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Above freezing here now temp 0.1°C DP -0.8°C and rising in a straight vertical line, snizzle to drizzle shortly I reckon!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

well folks its mad how we've been lookin to the east and north for the white stuff.then in comes a front from the west and turns everything up on its head.funny that.the best from the east or i mean west ha:D
    thawing here now but still a thick blanket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Snow stopped a while now. Didn't amount to very much - maybe 2cm fresh snow. Temp up to 1.2 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

All this talk of rising dewpoints and temperatures. You all should be shot for defeatism:pac:

Snowing here still, with big proper flakes at last. Still more moderate than heavy, but I won't complain.

Oh wait, it's heavy now! Fresh snow depth is about an inch now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Davo D

Looks interesting?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Oh wait, it's heavy now! Fresh snow depth is about an inch now.
    It's coming down well :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Still snowing here in Kells not too heavy but hasnt stopped all morning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement