Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday: Sleet and Snow - Connaught, Leinster, Ulster

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

2.5 inches on the ground here and snowing lightly. The snow is reallly dry and doesn't melt in your hands as much. Absolutely perfect conditions for it though with that hard frost on the ground when it arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭dbyrne

snow, snow, snow, snow, snow. just out with the dog in the lovely snow... does it get better than this? was up during the night and there was no snow and when i got up there was snow. its like a winter wonderland. all i need now is a hill, a sledge and an other few feet of snow..

Its proper powder snow!

With a nice crunch when you walk on it! AND it doesnt wet your hands when you pick it up :eek::D:D:D
    Yeah it is isnt it!
    The wet bulb is sub zero which means dry snow!

Currently +0.1c here
    DP -1.1c

Wet bulb -0.4c

Thats a rise of about a degree in everything since 730am

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Snowing heavy here all the time ,around 4 inches id say

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Woke up this morning and I looked out the window and got a shock when I saw the snow. Was outside last night with the dog at about 3am and the skies were clear. Didn't expect this :pac:

Seems to be falling as rain here now though :( (Killester)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Snow has stopped here and skies brightening with patches of blue to my sout west. Delivered about 2cm here on top of the existing snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

:eek::
    that's surprising. as it's turned to light rain here now.

I'm looking at snow falling out the window:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

"There is a possibility of further snow affecting southern areas tomorrow, Monday"
    Quote from met eireann .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Snow has stopped here and skies brightening with patches of blue to my sout west. Delivered about 2cm here on top of the existing snow.

Looking at the radar there should be some more light stuff heading your way, just a temporary gap. Snoing lightly and completely overcast here still.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Yea snow almost stoped here at the moment.

Really very little precip must have fallen! But stil a cm on the ground!

Everything stuck.

• Advertisement

Pangea wrote: »
    "There is a possibility of further snow affecting southern areas tomorrow, Monday"
    Quote from met eireann .
    That could be quite serious actually-though it's likely to be a high ground event only.

still snowing here
    Big flakes now

The snow in Ballina is a heavy shower, won't last too long I'm afraid:(

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,701 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I'm looking at snow falling out the window:confused:

are you in ballina, in mayo or ballina in tipperary?:confused:

starting to rain again and it is getting sleety. i wish it would just stop at this point as i don't think it'll go bak to snow now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Temperature and DP rising rapidly here up to -0.8°C from -3.9°C earlier. Could easily see this as a snizzle to drizzle event in the afternoon. Alternating here between snizzle and light snow for the moment.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

The gas thing is that this situation normally wouldnt even be marginal! It would be RAIN!:D

How times have changed!

are you in ballina, in mayo or ballina in tipperary?:confused:
    Mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 16,701 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

That could be quite serious actually-though it's likely to be a high ground event only.

still snowing here
    Big flakes now

well considering last night they only mentioned rain on monday. i wouldn't rule anythng out- and as the radio forecaster said yesterday you can never turn your back on snow:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

We've had about 2cm here so far and it's still coming down. It only started some time after 8am. Met radar suggests it will clear in an hour or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Stopped here now as well and brightening up. Bout a cm or 2 on the ground

P2080898.jpg

about an inch and a bit here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

trogdor wrote: »
    Stopped here now as well and brightening up. Bout a cm or 2 on the ground

in the harbour - thats mad !

can only imagine the roads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

A couple of inches here in Navan...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

The gas thing is that this situation normally wouldnt even be marginal! It would be RAIN!:D

How times have changed!

Excellent point WC, I wonder if the same thing could happen with tomorrow nights precip if it does track over Ireland and not pass to the south. Could be major disruption if the same effect tips the balance from a normal rain/sleet event to a heavy snow one, hmm.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Donegal Town : 10.00am - 2 inches of snow and still snowing! Was Clear when I came home at 3am... I guess this won't be reported on RTE... lol :)

Going for a walk to get the Sunday papers now... photos to follow when I return

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Went to work this morning at 7.20am, it just had started snowing, has not stopped yet.

Living outside Ballybofey and working in Letterkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

jenzz wrote: »
    in the harbour - thats mad !

can only imagine the roads

Most roads aren't actually that bad, expect local ones in estates etc. the traffic on the main ones have kept them clear of snow

Looks like the stuff on Monday night is going to track to our south at the moment!

Lets enjoy what we have at the moment!

About a cm and the snow is extremely light.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

3.5 inches in Kells and still snowing. Gave up on trying to get to work in Ashbourne...

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

we have about 1.5 inches in Navan and is does not look like its letting up.

dscf20991tf8.jpg

dscf20981pi2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Davo D

Looking at the radars at the moment, is it strengthening again in the midlands?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement