Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday: Sleet and Snow - Connaught, Leinster, Ulster

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

It stopped snowing here about 2 hours ago and turned into a drizzle and a nice thaw is on.
    I need a thaw here so I'm happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Hi Mods, any chance I could get an outlook for Wicklow - Rathdrum area its snowing again now..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

Will there be more to come later on in the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

A light drizzle here now. 2.0C.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Moderate/heavy snow now, that band must be overhead. Totally at the margin, dp -0.1°C , temp 0.9°C

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Hi Mods, any chance I could get an outlook for Wicklow - Rathdrum area its snowing again now..
    Interesting.
    I would say its very temporary.
    2C near the coast and all that fell this morning has nearly thawed.

The thaw will be much slower inland especially as precipitation has nearly stopped, but I'm surprised that you're reporting snow still. It shows that being near coast I don't understand how different it can a bit inland and higher up.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pokes

About 2.5" here in rosenallis , thawing like mad now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

BTW, the packed snow from before will be much slower to thaw

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

It's been snowing heavily here for the last hour. An inch or two has fallen on previously dry ground. I'm amazed at the fact it hasn't turned to rain. You'd know the temp was above 0 as there's bits of slush now here and there, and the car has some snow slipping off it. The roads are almost entirely white now however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Sage'sMama

Finally a decent covering of snow for Kells! :D Starting to melt now :mad: Me and my partner built this snowman at headford bridge this morning hope he's still there! It's so much fun!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,702 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Will there be more to come later on in the day?

afraid not. it'll be just sleet at best, with rain and hail showers most likely for the rest of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

The dreaded rain has arrived here!

Snow gone from most surfaces now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

All but gone here now, except for my snowman out front:D

HashSlinging, whats it like in Rathdrum, your my barometer for whats coming here :)
    Still moderate snow here expecting it to turn sleety in the next 30 mins and possibly back to rain for a bit before clearing here.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Starting to thaw a bit here ,was raining a while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Stopped snowing but still 100% overcast. I don't want the sun to come out and take away all my beautiful snow:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

The sun is popping out to say hello here now :)

Make sure to make an appearance this summer....

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭dbyrne

raining here in blanch... boooooo.... putting up some pics, you can find them below

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35214789@N06/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Any chance of that rain moving to north dub? Swords/Airport area?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

Snow here in D11 is melting fast as the rain is now coming down hard

Was nice to wake up to a total whiteout though

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 pfk-0p

ahhh its raining here now
    washing away the 2 inches i had in my back garden this morning

Supercell wrote: »
    HashSlinging, whats it like in Rathdrum, your my barometer for whats coming here :)
    Still moderate snow here expecting it to turn sleety in the next 30 mins and possibly back to rain for a bit before clearing here.
    Moderately raining here for the last 2 hours.
    Most of the snow is now gone except from the top of the car,the ditches and the garden.

3.1c/2.5c

South 5 to 10 mph in off the sea due south of here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Raining lightly in Kells but snow is not going anywhere at the moment..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

:D:D snowing again in Letterkenny, no rain here:p

Are we due rain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

9+ degree spread according to NRA temp stations.

Warm and sunny down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Rodg3

PRetty decent blanketing over here in Blanch, though it was raining pretty heavily about a half hour ago. Hopefully some of the good stuff inland will be blown this way soon enough, or else we're not going to hold out the rest of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Raining now. Temp 1.6.

Snow coming down heavy here now, temp dropped a little in evaporative cooling presumably. Down to 1.1 from 1.3 earlier

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

In Newbridge there was a good covering this morning , most of it has cleared now due to two good patches of rain and rising temps

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

raining here in Santry, but am about to get the bus's back to Dunshaughlin, hopefully there might still be snow there when i get back later on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement