Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting in Garnerville soon? Read this:

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭kelso69

Hi Kelso, I'm not actually sure what merit score I had, I never phoned up just incase it was too high and it put me off getting in. I remember reading hat a few people got in earlier this year with higher merit scores at the start. I reckon it might have been to do with background also, and when the vetting forms had been finished.

Thanks! That's good news for me then. I've passed vetting already! (took only upto 2 months!). My Merit score isn't fantastic, but I believe easily good enough to get me in. Hopefully since I've passed vetting I wont be waiting too long. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Mr.Anderson

kelso69 wrote: »
    Thanks! That's good news for me then. I've passed vetting already! (took only upto 2 months!). My Merit score isn't fantastic, but I believe easily good enough to get me in. Hopefully since I've passed vetting I wont be waiting too long. :D

Hopefully not then Kelso. You could be accepted before you know it lol! Do you know roughly when the calls wll start going out for C14?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭kelso69

Hopefully not then Kelso. You could be accepted before you know it lol! Do you know roughly when the calls wll start going out for C14?:D

No idea! I hear Oct and Nov are both full, so I wonder if Jan will still be C13, a mix of C13/C14 or all C14!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

did somebody not say a while back that they phoned recruitment and asked them about when the C14 intakes would start, and they said, 'probably be the end of the year?'

Almost sure i read that on here somewhere!
    It would mean the phone calls going out at the end of the year probably, not the actual intakes starting.

won't matter to me - damn vetting's gonna take a millenium!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 yeeeeha

hey guys just a quick question. during the first four weeks are you allowed to leave garnerville at the weekend? or is it only after the four weeks initial training that you are allowed to leave?

• Advertisement

yeeeeha wrote: »
    hey guys just a quick question. during the first four weeks are you allowed to leave garnerville at the weekend? or is it only after the four weeks initial training that you are allowed to leave?

You're allowed to leave on the friday evening/night and return very early on the monday morning (but most people go back on the sunday night).
    You're allowed to stay all weekend if you like though! (I think)

Then after 4 weeks you can go home every night, unless you live miles away and then they let you stay there

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭lisnsooz

yeeeeha wrote: »

Hi,

During the first 4 weeks, as said, you can take off on a friday night and you don't hav to be back till monday morning. But also during the week, you can go home in the evenings if you want as long as you're back for bedtime. Saying that tho - they have a lot of activities in the evenings during that 4 weeks (hence why they get everyone living in) so I wouldn't make any plans till I'd see the timetable.

Lis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

lets get serious here.. did anyone actually learn all 10 defintions for sunday???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭jim2008

lets get serious here.. did anyone actually learn all 10 defintions for sunday???
    Have learned a few but that number 3 is a tricky one,and to think we have to know them all word for word!

jim2008 wrote: »
    Have learned a few but that number 3 is a tricky one,and to think we have to know them all word for word!

I honestly don't know how you can learn number 3 word perfect, it's near impossible not to make a mistake lol!

Have you guys read the booklet in the cd yet?

• Advertisement

printed off all 111 pages and the work book, been flat out filling it in.

I got definitions 1 and 2 perfect, number 3 is tough though. just learning it in sections. the rest after that look not too bad. The tests are written though and some words are included to prompt it I think, so wont be as hard as remembering them on the spot in front of someone.. i hope :P

Jim what class you in mate?

printed off all 111 pages and the work book, been flat out filling it in.

I got definitions 1 and 2 perfect, number 3 is tough though. just learning it in sections. the rest after that look not too bad. The tests are written though and some words are included to prompt it I think, so wont be as hard as remembering them on the spot in front of someone.. i hope :P

I really hope you are right mate, some words to prompt would be very handy indeed!

I printed off the workbook yesterday, only got filling some of it in today, loads to read though!

Can you wait to start, i get more and more excited each day lol!:D

Jim what class you in mate?
    Going to take a guess here but i think i was sitting at your table? and i think i was sitting beside rob who also posts here.You in no 1?

No im in the second group. Was trying to watch out for people called jim or conor but didnt have any in my group..

No im in the second group. Was trying to watch out for people called jim or conor but didnt have any in my group..
    :mad: I thought i was right. There was a big guy askin the staff about the gym, i was convinced that was you.

I was going to ask that actually but didnt want to seem like Im some kind of fitness freak :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Rob-117

jim2008 wrote: »
    Going to take a guess here but i think i was sitting at your table? and i think i was sitting beside rob who also posts here.You in no 1?

Hey was that you beside me? the only two people in suits haha, looks like we're gonna be rooming together mate

anyone struggling with definition 3? it just has so many parts

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭BoutYe

Aww man i can't wait :) 6 weeks and a few days to go :)

I was thinking of wearing a suit to the GRN but i take it from that post Rob nobody else did? Or is that something else you're talking about?

• Advertisement

Alot of people didnt wear one, and it wasnt looked upon kindly. They made a few examples of people who were dressed too casually, so make an effort to get a good suit on, and more importantly for the first day. We were told that if you arrive without one you will be sent to tesco to buy the cheapest suit they have before being allowed in..

Alot of people didnt wear one, and it wasnt looked upon kindly. They made a few examples of people who were dressed too casually, so make an effort to get a good suit on, and more importantly for the first day. We were told that if you arrive without one you will be sent to tesco to buy the cheapest suit they have before being allowed in..

Excellent insider knowledge!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭MAKEPEACE

Anyone in here in the third group apart from Mr. Anderson. Trying to work out who is who. I thought I guessed gcbc but I don't know for sure. :)

MAKEPEACE wrote: »
    Anyone in here in the third group apart from Mr. Anderson. Trying to work out who is who. I thought I guessed gcbc but I don't know for sure. :)

Conor123 was in our group, I think he was sitting at your table! :D

Who wants to be in the third group??? The first group is without doubt the best of the lot:D

Pardonez moi? That my friend is a matter of opinion! Anywho at the end of the day we are all blue together :). Aww...

Pardonez moi? That my friend is a matter of opinion! Anywho at the end of the day we are all blue together :). Aww...
    Good answer:)

Does anyone know the contact details for the wages/finance department? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭New Recruit

Does anyone know the contact details for the wages/finance department? :confused:

Why? They wont talk to you anyway..You are not an employee until next Sunday...

What do you need to know? I may be able to help..PM me if it is sensitive material.

• Advertisement

No matter just paper work I'll talk to them soon anyway was just wondering on off chance.

Advertisement