Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most annoying voice on radio

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Ann Dunne on Ray Foley, 2day Fm, does my head in.
    Sooooooo annoying!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Namesco wrote: »
    Ann Gleeson on Ray Foley, 2day Fm, does my head in.
    Sooooooo annoying!!!
    Fixed that for you...

Tony Fenton for me... christ!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Gina Brel

Would love to hear Michael Mc Mullen talk dirty to me with that accent.Something sexy about his voice

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

lucylu wrote: »
    Ian picked names out of a hat before he went on holidays...

Apparently the other names in the hat were Maeve Higgins, Paul Collins (Howiya gettin' on?), Bela from Fair City and Hector 'O Huch....(whatever his name is).

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

Anyone ever hear Val Andrews co-commentating on GAA games. Hes a quintessential dub but his voice is the one that country people do when taking off the dubs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

Anyone ever hear Val Andrews co-commentating on GAA games. Hes a quintessential dub but his voice is the one that country people do when taking off the dubs.

maybe he's just another culshie that wishes he was a Dub. :P

Actually,on the same subject, I've met a lot of culshies with newly acquired D4 accents..quite sad really.:rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Ian Dempseys' 'laugh', or supposed 'laugh' is so false at times it's irritating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

I hate that 'psychic' Una whateverhernameis with her fake concern and pretend 'powers' and her stupid assurances. Then again I think the people who ring in should be shot or prosecuted for stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Clytus

David Norris.....YUK!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Clytus wrote: »
    David Norris.....YUK!!

ah David Norris is a legend!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Sweet Jesus.. Peader Flanagan on the RTE racing.

Don't separate your vowels you gimp!!!

Unbelievable stuff ... Ice Queeyann and Meeoyan Dancer(Ice Queen/Moon Dancer)

Sweet Hesu, It's thoroughly revolting stuff.

Can't understand the logic of his continuance in that job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭LCDeelite

Today FM
    Good evening, Ooooooiiiimmmmmmm Mmmoooiichael MmmmcMullen
    [/QUOTE]

If it weren't for his apparent speech impediment in his radio job, my daily life would be that fraction more deficient of hilarity.

Thank you, Mmmmoiiiichael Mmmmmmc MULL-AN. :D

kerry4sam wrote: »
    ah David Norris is a legend!

Yeah, I love David Norris- he's a dude.

There are 3 radio voices that suddenly transfrom me into a worthy candidate for anger management..

1) Nicki Hayes on 2FM. I just do not like the woman, judging by the way she comes across on the radio. I perceive her to be fake, personally.

2) Stevie G on Cork's Red FM. He sounds like a total Cork skanger while attempting to dilute it with a sort of 'I'm-still-Stevie-from-da-block, homies' schtick. "Dis is Steeeeeeeevie Gee an' yor lis'nen ta Cok's w-Red eff em." Mother of Divine.

3) Rick O' Shea on 2FM. Dick -whoops, sorry, I mean Rick- if you deliberately lower your voice any more, your f--king trachea will up sticks and emigrate to the land of Alvin&The Chipmunks.
    Gee wow, you were the recipient of such mighty levels of testosterone when navigating your way through early adolescence, and now you can do a deeper voice than those fellas who do voiceovers for dramatic Hollywood blockbuster movies?? God, you're f--king amazing!!!

4) Jenny Kelly (who works alongside Ray D'Arcy on Today FM). I have 4 words regarding her- TOO NASAL AND SQUEAKY.

5) Neil Prendeville on Cork's 96FM. Anyone who has ever had the misfortune to witness him speaking on the radio does not require me to elaborate on why he is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

LCDeelite wrote: »
    There are 3 radio voices that suddenly transfrom me into a worthy candidate for anger management..

1) Nicki Hayes on 2FM. I just do not like the woman, judging by the way she comes across on the radio. I perceive her to be fake, personally.

2) Stevie G on Cork's Red FM. He sounds like a total Cork skanger while attempting to dilute it with a sort of 'I'm-still-Stevie-from-da-block, homies' schtick. "Dis is Steeeeeeeevie Gee an' yor lis'nen ta Cok's w-Red eff em." Mother of Divine.

3) Rick O' Shea on 2FM. Dick -whoops, sorry, I mean Rick- if you deliberately lower your voice any more, your f--king trachea will up sticks and emigrate to the land of Alvin&The Chipmunks.
    Gee wow, you were the recipient of such mighty levels of testosterone when navigating your way through early adolescence, and now you can do a deeper voice than those fellas who do voiceovers for dramatic Hollywood blockbuster movies?? God, you're f--king amazing!!!

4) Jenny Kelly (who works alongside Ray D'Arcy on Today FM). I have 4 words regarding her- TOO NASAL AND SQUEAKY.

5) Neil Prendeville on Cork's 96FM. Anyone who has ever had the misfortune to witness him speaking on the radio does not require me to elaborate on why he is annoying.

Ha ha because of the above statement your point has become null and void.

Although I too would vote for Neil "Niall" Prendeville as well as most of Corks 96fm DJ's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Johnny Lyons - 98 sport reader. I hate that prick with a passion!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Almost all of Spin SW presenters- their so annoying and all really fake, esp the one on Zoo Crew each night-her laugh is so annoying I can't listen to the radio station

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

mark mc cabe
    rick o shea

and they talk over the records

why do they employ these people????

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Ainekav

michael mcmullen jesus christ i thought i was the only one who despised his voice..

alison curtis and jenny houston reallllllllly annoying canadians.

alison curtis on the laaaaaaasssst splaaaaaasssssh

SHUT UP!

harvey norman makes me want to rip out the stereo and drive up to the ****in showroom and hurl it at him...

ahhhhhh that felt good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    Almost all of Spin SW presenters- their so annoying and all really fake, esp the one on Zoo Crew each night-her laugh is so annoying I can't listen to the radio station

Have to kinda agree about the Spin SW thing.
    They come across as desperate to be like real DJs or something.

Harmless enough i suppose but far, far worse is the american-accented intros/voiceovers they have.
    WTF is all that sh1te about. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

tech77 wrote: »
    Have to kinda agree about the Spin SW thing.
    They come across as desperate to be like real DJs or something.

Harmless enough i suppose but far, far worse is the american-accented intros/voiceovers they have.
    WTF is all that sh1te about. :confused:

someone that shares my opinion wohoo!! they sound like they are desperate for fame. Where as Beat are class and their all natural radio presenters!;) the american voiceover must have been cheap software for spin:cool:

LCDeelite wrote: »
    Today FM
    Good evening, Ooooooiiiimmmmmmm Mmmoooiichael MmmmcMullen
    [/QUOTE]

If it weren't for his apparent speech impediment in his radio job, my daily life would be that fraction more deficient of hilarity.

Thank you, Mmmmoiiiichael Mmmmmmc MULL-AN. :D

LOL.
    Anyone know what kind of accent his is exactly.
    Some strange variant of South Dublin/Dortspeak or something? :confused:

Ainekav wrote: »
    michael mcmullen jesus christ i thought i was the only one who despised his voice..

alison curtis and jenny houston reallllllllly annoying canadians.

alison curtis on the laaaaaaasssst splaaaaaasssssh

SHUT UP!

Are they both Canadian.
    I thought your one Jenny was American.
    Alison Curtis accent can become annoying alright after a while.

Edit: Seems they are both Canadian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Alison Curtis accent can become annoying alright after a while.
    She also denies her Canadian origins at every chance. She must be ashamed of being a Canadian.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

I haven't listened to the radio in 7 years, but Tony Fenton always used to piss me off.

Is he still on/alive?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Eanna ní Lamhna from 'Mooney Goes Wild' on Radio 1

that is all...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Ainekav wrote: »
    harvey norman makes me want to rip out the stereo and drive up to the ****in showroom and hurl it at him...

Just to point out.. the guy doing the ad isn't actually 'Harvey Norman' ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

Not mad about Des Cahill, but the Sunday game always bought on a bout of seasonal depression. It always gives me a weird suffocating feeling and I even get a little nausious and may even get a headache. RTE is bad for you.

razorblunt wrote: »
    Ha ha because of the above statement your point has become null and void.

Huh?? :confused: The shop said you came with batteries alright but I suppose you wouldn't have came with an interpreter either, would you?

Look, can't you see I'm of a nervous disposition already, arising from this chronic bout of 'Prendertitis T' (T= Trash)?? Someone must have been having a laugh when they set up 96FM though, in all fairness.

• Advertisement

Phlann wrote: »
    I haven't listened to the radio in 7 years, but Tony Fenton always used to piss me off.

Is he still on/alive?

I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but.... YES. Sadly.

Advertisement