Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paper Two leak in Athlone

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 lorlo

There's much safer bets than Plath tbh.... i'd go for boland/rich for the female poet.

Mahon/larkin.... donne possibly!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭laura*

alan4cult wrote: »
    So the Irish poets are Mahon, Montague and Boland. What are the chances of Montague again? He must be the least discussed poet around IMO.

I've done Plath (Last Resort), Frost, Boland, Mahon, Larkin (C'mon DR Phil!)

Does Boland and Frost annoy you?
    I REALLY DONT wana write 'why i like them etc.'
    :pac:
    lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Holly Golightly

Defo not buying this rumour! I like Plath a lot but doubt she'll come up and it's too late now. Am I the only one who loves Montague?? Learned Frost, Rich, Boland, Mahon, Larkin and Montague! Hoping for Boland although Rich wouldn't be the end of the world, hate her poetry though

• Registered Users Posts: 82,133 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I'm baffled why so many people dismiss plath. Or maybe they just dont understand her. Or maybe I'm just crazy too :) But I found her incredibly easy to write for in my day.

Either way a female poet will come up with 95% certainty.

lorlo wrote: »
    There's much safer bets than Plath tbh.... i'd go for boland/rich for the female poet.

Mahon/larkin.... donne possibly!

now i've all the 3 f/m poets learned... kinda!
    but appantly in 2002 there was no f/m poets!

if that EVEN happens!

and whats the story with the leakage?
    do some peoplea ctually know who's coming up?:confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

laura* wrote: »
    ok now i'm after spending the whole day LEARNING AND WRITING PLATH
    because someone suggested it could come up,
    because of the 'identy' approach today!!

what the eff is the story with the leakage?
    who' s defo comin up?
    :)

Well you've hardly been at it the whole day but I wouldn't study her if I were you. My advice based on more than one institute English teacher and more than one english paper examiner (for about 6 years) is:

Boland
    Rich
    Mahon
    Donne or Larkin (not sure)

It's obviously not Gospel but if you kow three out of those four you're totally set. I know only two of them and I'm quietly confident.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Overheal wrote: »
    I'm baffled why so many people dismiss plath. Or maybe they just dont understand her. Or maybe I'm just crazy too :) But I found her incredibly easy to write for in my day.

Either way a female poet will come up with 95% certainty.
    exactly plath poetry was by far the easiest to grasp in my day lol i feel old.

ohh and here what's the story with english paper 2 being on a different day.

talk about getting off lightly wha!

Defo not buying this rumour! I like Plath a lot but doubt she'll come up and it's too late now. Am I the only one who loves Montague?? Learned Frost, Rich, Boland, Mahon, Larkin and Montague! Hoping for Boland although Rich wouldn't be the end of the world, hate her poetry though

i like Rich lots,
    cause shes all 'I'm not goin to be what society want me to be'
    and i can baffle on about it :D

My Fav poet (in order of preference):
    *Plath
    *Rich
    *Mahon
    *Boland
    *Frost

they're the only ones i studied, so mah at frost and boland!

BJC wrote: »
    Well you've hardly been at it the whole day but I wouldn't study her if I were you. My advice based on more than one institute English teacher and more than one english paper examiner (for about 6 years) is:

Boland
    Rich
    Mahon
    Donne or Larkin (not sure)

It's obviously not Gospel but if you kow three out of those four you're totally set. I know only two of them and I'm quietly confident.

Thanks
    i better p*ss off again and start my contrasting etc
    BTW, i'm relying on theme is all for that

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL TOMORROW :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 stuba9

3 things to say/ask:

1.There was no paper released in Athlone!If there was it would be all over Ireland in the news,etc!

2.How confident would you be of just learning Mahon and Boland off for Poetry tomorrow??

3.What time those that leaving cert thing on 2fm start??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 MikeHunt08

Lord above in heaven please let Mahon come up!! I have him down to a tee!! Hes the only one out of Plath, Donne, Frost, Mahon and Montague that i know properly!! Which of the other 4 poets would you suggest i study know??

• Registered Users Posts: 82,133 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Cremo wrote: »
    exactly plath poetry was by far the easiest to grasp in my day lol i feel old.

ohh and here what's the story with english paper 2 being on a different day.

talk about getting off lightly wha!

Actually thats a good point: what are these young whipper snappers doing getting English over 2 days? Pfft. Actually I was happy to have it all done in one.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Guys.

Cathal O'Searcaigh is a defo for the Irish.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Unsubstantiated third hand info texted into us at boards. How could it be wrong? :pac:

MarkR wrote: »
    Unsubstantiated third hand info texted into us at boards. How could it be wrong? :pac:
    Second!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

People who say Plath because of the "Identity" theme - Paper 2 is not themed... I checked out the past 2 years and there is no link between the theme in paper 1 and questions in paper 2

That said, role on Rich/Boland/Larkin :pac:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

People who say Plath because of the "Identity" theme - Paper 2 is not themed... I checked out the past 2 years and there is no link between the theme in paper 1 and questions in paper 2

That said, role on Rich/Boland/Larkin :pac:

Off Topic: Dude your web comic is f*cking hilarious!

Come on Mahon!!! Im banking on you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭tramoredude

Boland and Mahon can be just as easily tied to identity....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,827 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Come on Boland...nailed Plath last year so hopefully Boland tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Mark200 wrote: »
    They have a backup paper, so if there was a leak then they'll use the backup one.
    But either way, they keep the papers in Garda stations apparently until the day of the exam. Or the day before or something. I doubt anything could happen in Athlone.

nope

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

mars bar wrote: »
    nailed Plath last year .

:D

anyone?

:D:D:D

Time for laughing is over!! Have to go learn Plath and Donne now because i was really certain that Mahon was coming up and I was banking on him, but now I just dont know!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

jayteecork wrote: »
    Guys.

Eh?

im the same.... Mahon HAS to come up..... otherwise.... maybe i could say....my PERSONAL response is that every other poet borrows heavily from Mahon.... and swing it that way? hahahaha

hahah well im going now to whack open new discovery and plough Plath and Donne into my head and if neither of them come up and Mahon does ill be ****ing delghted but still severly pissed off at whoever started all this hahaha

jayteecork wrote: »
    Guys.

Paedophillic Fail

Paedophillic Fail
    what is a paedophillic fail?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 White-Teeth

Paedophillic Fail

Eh, the men he supposedly slept with were of legal age, so he is not a paedophile.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement