Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paper Two leak in Athlone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭jakedixon2004

Well i am f***ed if Mahon and Boland dont come up tomorrow
    But trush the government to try something like putting Plath up twice in a row , as if we didnt have enough on our plates but now we have to learn off another few poets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Steveo12345youg

hope thats bull. have boland mahon

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

Well i am f***ed if Mahon and Boland dont come up tomorrow
    But trush the government to try something like putting Plath up twice in a row , as if we didnt have enough on our plates but now we have to learn off another few poets

:rolleyes: Yes, it's the governments fault.....very good. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭IceICEbaby

well well

I dont actually believe this but youre making me freak out! I was sure Plath wasnt coming up...
    I want some evidence damnit! ;):p

Come on Boland!!!!
    Rich is a man-hating lesbian...why put her on?
    its true guys, admit it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

I studied plath anyway so it didnt matter, I know she is unlikely but sure she's easy and you never know like.
    I also studied Donne larkin and boland so if the OP was right id be so sorted for the exam tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Adventure

Weren't the physics experiments leaked last year by a man from cork and they used a backup paper? notice the bold image of the Harp and paper in 07's exam compared to previous years , i think that's the sign for a backup paper.:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭HELLO132

:mad:I'm sure people from the department watch this site regularly so if the leak is real they would send out a backup.I would go mad if a backup came out without Rich or Boland on it

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭LayLay

Didn't Plath come up last year and the year before or something? I really don't think she would appear again. We didn't even study her.

LayLay wrote: »
    Didn't Plath come up last year and the year before or something? I really don't think she would appear again. We didn't even study her.

No, just last year and it's not uncommon for a poet to come up two years running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Strokesa

LayLay wrote: »

she came up last year, and then 2003 and 2004, 2 years in a row. i think she's very unlikely, learning mahon, boland and rich should cover it i think. i HOPE.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭hippety-pippety

paper 1 2008 is already on examinations.ie, strange eh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

If I remember correctly there was a similar rumour when I did the leaving (all those 4! years ago). I imagine it does the rounds nearly every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭daithi_student

Ted Hughes (Plaths husband) came up on the J. Cert in the unseen poetry. Are they sending us a msg??? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

ya know what people? I believe we have an Iago in our midsts.

Mister OP is staying exxxtreemely quiet...

"Demand me nothing, what you know, you know,
    From this time forth i will never speak a word"

hahahaha and thus all us "credulous fools are caught"

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭JamieK

okay this might seem quite the retarded remark but theres no irish poet in there....(dont think so anyways)....and i know they dont have to include one anymore but would ya not think that unlikely???

apologies if im wrong!! btw!!! lol

nisey89 wrote: »
    tats what i heard..............could all be a big rumor I DONT NO!!

OR...."I speak not yet of proof"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I have these career and guide magazines that we got for history. it covers english too and these magazines were seemingly written by people who set the exams and mahon, rich and boland were heavily focused on. Might come as relief to some ?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭daithi_student

OR...."I speak not yet of proof"

I like your style, English as a weapon! :D

JamieK wrote: »
    okay this might seem quite the retarded remark but theres no irish poet in there....(dont think so anyways)....and i know they dont have to include one anymore but would ya not think that unlikely???

apologies if im wrong!! btw!!! lol

No, you're right. It's not set in stone but they usually have one Irish poet and at least one female poet.

This evidence along with Mahon not being on the list (and he's the hottest tipped) means that th "leak" is probably bullsh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

It is "the net That shall enmesh them all".

• Advertisement

[FONT=sans-serif, Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular]"Even now, now, very now, an old black ram[/FONT] [FONT=sans-serif, Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular]Is tupping your white ewe."

(Ram being rumour starter, ewe being those whose believe it):pac:
    [/FONT]

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

If PhsychoPlath comes up ill be really pissed, i hate her.

Ive got Rich and Boland down so im hoping for 2 female poets and im set. I might learn a bit of Mahon though.

haha.... i have manipulated this thread to my othello revision mwahahahahhahaha!!!!!!!!!

:D:D

altho..its given me a confidence boost for tomorro....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

So the Irish poets are Mahon, Montague and Boland. What are the chances of Montague again? He must be the least discussed poet around IMO.

I've done Plath (Last Resort), Frost, Boland, Mahon, Larkin (C'mon DR Phil!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 lorlo

i can't imagine this being too genuine.... the place would be in uproar seeing as more than half the country are relying on boland/mahon!

would love to see donne on there tho!!:pac::D

alan4cult wrote: »
    So the Irish poets are Mahon, Montague and Boland. What are the chances of Montague again? He must be the least discussed poet around IMO.

Well if you know all those five well then you're absolutley set. I know Mahon like the back of my hand and I have a sort of detached knowledge of Rich...couldnt really "dive into the wreck" that is her sh1te poetry.

So, one or both better come up!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i supervised the leaving cert in my school in fifth year.

the intendents were stupid enough to leave one of the chests down in the garda station ten minutes before the exam started we found out.

i had to drive down with her to pick it up as she wouldn't of been able to lift it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Harpie

Whats wrong with good ol Donne ey?? Did him for my leavin 2 yrs ago :D In the 2006 paper every single poet ppl in my school were hoping for came up..chances are everyone will be happy enough with whoever comes up 2mro...Good luck!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭laura*

ok now i'm after spending the whole day LEARNING AND WRITING PLATH
    because someone suggested it could come up,
    because of the 'identy' approach today!!

what the eff is the story with the leakage?
    who' s defo comin up?
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭laura*

alan4cult wrote: »

Does Boland and Frost annoy you?
    I REALLY DONT wana write 'why i like them;
    :pac:
    lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement