Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paper Two leak in Athlone

Options
  • 04-06-2008 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Plath Larkin Dunne Rich.................sum one came up and told us this in school!! Any one else hear?? dont no how it happened but tats what i heard..............could all be a big rumor I DONT NO!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

They have a backup paper, so if there was a leak then they'll use the backup one.
    But either way, they keep the papers in Garda stations apparently until the day of the exam. Or the day before or something. I doubt anything could happen in Athlone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MaltEagle

At the moment, I'm doubting it. Probably some person made it up and its getting blown out of proportion. I doubt the State Examinations Commission would be that silly. I guess, the country will know this time tommorow...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

that would be a big shock of a paper. Nearly everyone on boards is banking on Mahon and Boland!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Even if it has been leaked, you should have already done all of the work and if you haven't you're just less screwed. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭lovechem

Plath? Hardly.............:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 tomo84

nisey89 wrote: »
    Plath Larkin Dunne Rich.................sum one came up and told us this in school!! Any one else hear?? dont no how it happened but tats what i heard..............could all be a big rumor I DONT NO!!

hope dats a rumor!..come on boland and mahon

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭laura*

Mark200 wrote: »
    They have a backup paper, so if there was a leak then they'll use the backup one.
    But either way, they keep the papers in Garda stations apparently until the day of the exam. Or the day before or something. I doubt anything could happen in Athlone.
    tomo84 wrote: »
    hope dats a rumor!..come on boland and mahon
    *agrees*
    :D

No, the papers arrived in our school in a black chest 2 weeks ago!
    it's possible!!

AHH IVE TO LEARN PLATH NOW!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

and someone in the other topic noticed that the theme of identity could be linked to plath....so shes likely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭salman85

laura* wrote: »
    it's possible!!

+1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 natrisioga

But either way, they keep the papers in Garda stations apparently until the day of the exam. Or the day before or something.

That's what I've heard aswell the stuff that's usually delivered to the schools is just the log tables nd the writing booklets the superintendants have to go the gardaí to get the exams...!

Soby wrote: »
    and someone in the other topic noticed that the theme of identity could be linked to plath....so shes likely

i didnt even notice that till after my exam
    when i read the front page!

ok *learns Plath now*

Darn it!
    so confusing!!

but wait, i dont think i've a theme of identy in my responce!
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

laura* wrote: »
    it's possible!!

AHH IVE TO LEARN PLATH NOW!:eek:

Thats just the paper you write on and the log tables ect. Do you really think they would leave the exam papers in schools for two weeks?? They superintendents get the exams papers from the local garda station each morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

all i can say is
    sorted

eoin2nc wrote: »
    Thats just the paper you write on and the log tables ect. Do you really think they would leave the exam papers in schools for two weeks?? They superintendents get the exams papers from the local garda station each morning

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

I don't know how much I buy into this leak, but if they did have a backup paper how on earth could they print loads of copies of it in one night?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

alan4cult wrote: »
    I don't know how much I buy into this leak, but if they did have a backup paper how on earth could they print loads of copies of it in one night?

They get them all printed months previously (in Scotland i think), that includes the backup papers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

I think my sacrcism radar might be malfunctioning.......damn LC messing me up!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

B0X wrote: »
    They get them all printed months previously (in Scotland i think), that includes the backup papers too.
    That's an awful waste of paper! I would have imagined that if it was leaked then a backup paper would be made available for each school and then photocopied by the school.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭YourName

you all know yourselves that you are all wishing that it is a real leek because then the department would be going mad instead of us for once, I hope it is a real leak, would be funny, doubt it could help anyone that much, and if they do whip out the back-up paper in the morning then so be it.

I don't mind what happens, we all still gota sit an exam in the morning so get off the computer and get revising everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭maggie18x

what really is stopping them from putting plath back on again this year?they want to try stop people banking on certain poets because teachers avoid doing them if they feel they havent a hope coming up.remember 3 or 4 years ago plath came up twice in a row..she is defo worth a look over at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭teckoda

Davidius wrote: »
    Even if it has been leaked, you should have already done all of the work and if you haven't you're just less screwed. :pac:

I'd have to agree there. A leak now is rather pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

no this isnt true. clearly someone in your school is just trying to mess with you.

whats more likely? someone was dumb enough to steal papers and think the papers wouldnt change? or someone in your school is just trying to freak everybody out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

I'm inclined to agree with Peleus ^
    Could the OP possibly provide us with more info as to how he heard this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mattfender

Its prob the list that 5 of the best teachers in the country made up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭maggie18x

i hope for all your sakes its untrue.who exactly told the OP about this leak?if its a friend of a friend kind of thing its more than likely untrue.but if its a teacher i dunno...

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭BlueCam

For those who don't think this could happen, I quote from the Irish Examiner of June 16, 1998 (here):
    Investigation into accidental leaking of Leaving Cert paper

by Neans McSweeney
    Education Correspondent
    THE Department of Education has launched an investigation into the accidental leaking of one of yesterday's Leaving Cert papers by one of its officials.
    Honours students in one secondary school were given the wrong Irish paper on Friday. They were to sit the first Irish paper but the superintendent at the centre mistakenly gave out the second paper which was not due until yesterday.
    The 16 students at Schull Community College in West Cork, who saw the paper, were interviewed by Department officials across the weekend. It carried out an immediate investigation and decided it was not necessary to re-set the paper.
    In a statement last night, the Department said it received a report on Saturday afternoon that a package of exam papers for Monday's exam in Irish had been inadvertently been opened by the Superintendent at the start of Friday afternoon's exam.
    Reports of how long students had to examine the paper vary from three seconds to a few minutes. The Department examined the matter on Saturday night and Sunday and interviewed the superintendent, school personnel and the students from the relevant exam centre. On Sunday evening, it decided that the paper had only been briefly exposed.
    "Having assessed the limited nature and duration of this exposure, and taking all of the circumstances into account, the Department is satisfied that this part of the examinations in Irish could proceed as scheduled for the 59,000 candidates concerned," said a spokesman.
    But pupils and parents from other schools were outraged yesterday and called for a full investigation into the matter.
    One student, who asked not to be named, said he was on his way into the exam yesterday and was told by another candidate what was coming up on the poetry section of the paper. "I couldn't believe it when I went in and saw the poetry questions came up as he had said. He heard what was coming up from someone who had been talking to one of the Schull students."
    Schull Community College vice principal, Tim O'Connor, said the school's duty was to protect the welfare of its students and it had no comment to make.
    The ASTI said it seemed to be a serious incident. The TUI, meanwhile, said the Leaving Cert is criterion referenced and there is no cap on the number of As, Bs or Cs given out. The leak will not affect other candidates' grades, it said.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

soooo does this mean we shud all learn mahon, frost, monatgue and boland?? Cos THAT wud be fannnnnnntastic....:D

haha i seriously doubt the validity of this...

still though, it has thrown me completely.:eek::confused::(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

So what else is coming up then. If they know these poets are coming then they should know whats coming up in the comparitive and single text questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

^^^^ good point alright, to be honest, it sounds like a rumour that a LOT of people have bought into. I'm still sticking with Boland and Rich. Whoever made up the rumour have a lot to be proud of that it got on the internet !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement