Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pics of apt, rare, funny number plates taken in Ireland if possible

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,396 ✭✭✭fletch

Saw a BMW 535d with the reg 05-d-50005

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Saw a VW Golf today with Australian plates (New South Wales) on the N4. No picture though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

BnA wrote: »
    An awful mustard coloured M3 (I presume it was Genuine) that I followed from Limerick to Charliville a week or two ago.

03-LM-3

Or, as it was written on the plate...

03-L-M3

I have a picture on my phone that I'll post later.

its called pheonix yellow, and i love that colour, although its an aquired taste!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Whenever I see a Phoenix Yellow E46 M3, I want to get sick!

And some of the colours you can choose for the interiors of M models are truly horrific. You think Phoenix Yellow is bad....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

• Advertisement

German import plates. They are probably just testing out the bus before the purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

150308_174024~00.JPG
    Renault Safrane on latvian? or old Dublin plates .......:D wonder if there is an old 50s car on the road with the same plate?

Passat on texas plates, since re-registered.
    091207_131734.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Spotted this in Midleton last year -

Image0032.jpg

Image0031.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 petawee

1 Z lives on an alfa junior in cavan no pic sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jaffacake

Saw this in the North recently. Not a special number on this one but done up like Irish plates.

Plates2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I saw R 22 OAD the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Might have been posted before, saw this M3 on the M50 the other day, sorry about the poor quality.

55170.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭port

saw a BMW 520d today with '08 xx 1520'

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Saw a 99 D Lexus IS200 today. They must be proud of their car as instead of the county in irish it had "Yes it is mine" written instead.

I have a picture but no point posting as as quality is crap

Saw a Skoda Octavia with Singapore plates on Camden Street there a few days ago. No picture though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,524 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Buddy of mine has an OPC Astra ( 241 bhp )
    07 LK 241 :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

vectra wrote: »
    Buddy of mine has an OPC Astra ( 241 bhp )
    07 LK 241 :cool:

:confused::confused: I have to conclude that such a particular "customised" plate would be totally lost on 99.9% of the general public (myself included !)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,524 ✭✭✭✭vectra

jrar wrote: »
    :confused::confused: I have to conclude that such a particular "customised" plate would be totally lost on 99.9% of the general public (myself included !)

He was lucky to have bought it with that number on it. I think the garage he got it regd it before selling it :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭irish.rugby.fan

Saw two MINIs in UCD.

Both 21st presents it would seem.

07 D 4 21
    07 D 1985

Kinda apt i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

saw a UK reg for an IT consultant 5PAM

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Max_Damage wrote: »
    I saw a Nissan Sentra (remember those?) in Granard today with the reg. KIT xx (xx being numbers, obviously). Somewhat humorous.

Ha, prob was our old car!! The ould lad bought a Nissan Sentra "KIT xxx" back in 1995. Cars registered in Leitrim during 1986 were all "KIT". I don't remember seeing any "TIT" cars on the road :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

no pics but..

2 years ago within weeks of each other i seen an SUV in Galway with New South Wales Australia Plates!

and after that i seen California plates on a white car .. also in Galway

^ Vehicles with Americans plates in this country seem to be getting quite popular recently. Saw a Chevy Silverado with Massachusetts plates recently, and another one with Texas plates too.

Even saw a Hyundai Elantra with New Jersey plates too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭positron

Apologies I have no photos, but noticed a northern reg Porsche Boxster in Drogheda over the weekend, and number plate read "NI BXR". :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

No pics but saw a blue M3 last night with the reg M3 LAD. The M was the Msport logo.

Could have had something to do with this being moored up near to where I saw the car. Triple 7, the 74th largest yacht in the world. Well worth going down to have a look at it.Yacht_Triple_Seven511.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭Ferris

Mate of mine had a Mini Sidewalk, 96 D 1275

(The engine was 1275cc for those of you who don't know minis:p)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

Oh my god... Where did you see that yacht! Its stunning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

My car is 0x-D-54319..... Only 2 registrations away from 54321! I was gutted when i realised 6 months after I bought it... although somebody had most probably reserved 54321 anyway. :(

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Bendihorse wrote: »
    Oh my god... Where did you see that yacht! Its stunning

ITs on the liffey if I remember correctly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

antodeco wrote: »
    ITs on the liffey if I remember correctly!

Im so going up for a look :D Might find myself a rich sailor with an M3 - what a package!! :p

Advertisement