Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pics of apt, rare, funny number plates taken in Ireland if possible

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Alfie1 wrote: »
    A few pics

clio172.jpg
    what are we supposed to see here?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

kbannon wrote: »
    62917.jpg
    And here's it's brother! :)

Crossgar.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Wasn't there a high spec Clio, the 172. That would explain the Nurburg Ring stickers on it. Pocket rocket:D

I think it's a 172bhp Clio Sport.

Too quick for ya:p

It's a 2.0 16v alright.

Cartell -01W172

• Advertisement

VolvoVOLVO71-1.jpg

HSBC.jpg

AlfoRomeoU2FNATC-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

Wasn't there a high spec Clio, the 172. That would explain the Nurburg Ring stickers on it. Pocket rocket:D

What he said :D

Alfie1 wrote: »
    What he said :D

The which what? Lol

If your refering to the posts the same, mine shows up first lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I know a guy who has a 2007 Audi Q7, Irish reg.

The plate reads "Q7 LH Q7"

I know a guy who has a 2007 Audi Q7, Irish reg.

The plate reads "Q7 LH Q7"
    Half the Q7s in the country seem to have their zeros converted to 'Qs'.

Tacky in the extreme IMO! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,512 ✭✭✭✭vectra

G Luxel wrote: »
    I also saw a 07 C 29xxx on a Mercedes E class except its the one discontinued in 1995

Was that a white one?

Saw one in the local LIDL last week and actually commented on it myself.
    Didnt dawn on me to take a pic of it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭Silvera

Spotted '08 W X5' recently on a BMW X5....although the owner was pulled over at a checkpoint and the guard was taking his details while pointing at the front reg plate!:D

I suspect we will be seeing fewer cherished plates in the coming years now that Revenue have increased the price from €315 to €1000! I'd say all but the buyers of very expensive cars would baulk at paying €1k for a cherished plate!

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

Silvera wrote: »
    I suspect we will be seeing fewer cherished plates in the coming years now that Revenue have increased the price from €315 to €1000! I'd say all but the buyers of very expensive cars would baulk at paying €1k for a cherished plate!

Didnt know this. . . will make it all the more ridiculous to see goons with these plates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Saw Range Rover with the following reg:

0X D1 69

I just stood and laughed for a while. :D The driver was not happy with me. :o

But, he was proabaly about 35 to 40 years old, what did he expect? :confused:

Would still have laughed if it had been on a boyracers car.

If I see it again, I will take a pic.

Silvera wrote: »
    Was a reason given for the price increase or was it just blatant profiteering by the government?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

Surely reducing the price would have made more people buy those number plates and increased revenue. It seems to be a very strange decision.

If you were able to get proper personalised plates, such as 09 D ICK or something like that then I could understand people paying more for the plates, but just being able to 09 D 911 seems like a waste to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Was a reason given for the price increase or was it just blatant profiteering by the government?

One man's 'profiteering' is another man's (or politician's) revenue collecting idea. Considering the amount spent of cherished plates in the UK I think it's legitimate enough to try make some money from it. After all, if they're cutting revenue for the old, the sick, the disadvantaged why not fund some of it with a 'wanker tax'.

Having said that it'll probably end up bringing in less money. People who may have succumbed for a few hundred €€€ will likely baulk at €1000, especially in the current climate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I saw a TT on UK plates yesterday but was driving so got no pics!
    AT04BOY
    lettering written to look like "A Toy Boy"

The sugar mommy must be pleased with her boy, now on a Porsche...

30-10-08_1618.jpg

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

Red A4 in Strabane today reg was 'T0I RSH' or thereabouts, Which is sectarian i know but I laughed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

There is a Volvo XC90 going around south Dublin with Arizona plates on it. That's the second car this year I've seen in this country with Arizona plates, the other being a Mercedes C-Class.

Would have thought the weather in Arizona would be better than here! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Max_Damage wrote: »
    There is a Volvo XC90 going around south Dublin with Arizona plates on it. That's the second car this year I've seen in this country with Arizona plates, the other being a Mercedes C-Class.

Would have thought the weather in Arizona would be better than here! :D

I've seen that around Terenure/Dublin 6 area actually. For some reason the front reg plate appeared to be missing on it.

VolvoMan wrote: »
    I've seen that around Terenure/Dublin 6 area actually. For some reason the front reg plate appeared to be missing on it.

In Arizona, they are only required to have one plate at the rear.

Sure I remember when that Mercedes C-Class was going around, it had an Irish-style plate on the front with the American reg. on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 jimjims64

I used ta now a fella that drove an auld lorry and the reg was
    86-KK-8666

and my car's reg is 933-ADI it's an old nissan sentra!

old irish red number plates, gotta love them

pburns wrote: »
    One man's 'profiteering' is another man's (or politician's) revenue collecting idea. Considering the amount spent of cherished plates in the UK I think it's legitimate enough to try make some money from it. After all, if they're cutting revenue for the old, the sick, the disadvantaged why not fund some of it with a 'wanker tax'.

Having said that it'll probably end up bringing in less money. People who may have succumbed for a few hundred €€€ will likely baulk at €1000, especially in the current climate.
    see http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/motors/2008/1126/1227486578583.html
    Do-more wrote: »
    The sugar mommy must be pleased with her boy, now on a Porsche...

30-10-08_1618.jpg
    I'm quite sure that it was on a TT whenever I saw it (can't see how I'd mix it up with a porky!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Any time this government see a sure bet they slaughter it instead of milking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I'm quite sure that it was on a TT whenever I saw it (can't see how I'd mix it up with a porky!).

I wasn't suggesting that you'd made a mistake, just that the Toy Boy had had his TT upgraded to a Porsche by someone who was happy with her plaything! :D;)

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Motors on Boards.ie got a mention in the Sunday Business Post today in relation to vanity plates:

http://www.sbpost.ie/post/pages/p/story.aspx-qqqt=MOTORING-qqqm=nav-qqqid=38163-qqqx=1.asp
    SBP wrote:
    But there have been some noble attempts by Irish motorists to use platespeak to create more personalised registrations within the confines of our rules. Some of the better examples noted on the motoring section of popular online forum, Boards.ie, include XX-D-8055 (BOSS), XX-D-007, and XX-D4.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Jeanious

Dunno if its been mentioned, but theres a 1970s or 80s looking yellow BMW in beaumont hospital multi-story with BMW 071, from, of all places, New South Wales:eek: Ill get a pic of it later. Only aussie car ive ever seen, and id love to know the story behind it if anyone knows!

^ There is a Ford Explorer (I think it is) with New South Wales plates doing the rounds in south Dublin too.

American reg. cars have also become quite common in this part of the world recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

This was posted in the classic car forum,might as well throw it in here for the record..
    VIP1.jpg
    It was JP IIs limo when he came over for a visit in 79..

Advertisement