Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pics of apt, rare, funny number plates taken in Ireland if possible

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

I saw this reg and thought of this thread ;)

(From the Carbage section of BBC Top Gear website)

main.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

That thing which isn't under your post.

I gotcha, though not an abbreviation I use or see much

• Registered Users Posts: 24,958 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I'd say they'll refuse to release NIG, just as they apparently refused to release NAZ numberplates incase they were altered to look like Nazi. I think Prince Naseem used to have an MAZ1 numberplate as he couldn't get NAZ.
    What about PIG. :eek:

Here's a nice older one:

EZL1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fastnutz

If you have got a spare few hours, check out this.....

www.cherishedregistrations.net
    click on the gallery.

Super stuff!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

jeez this thread has really taken on a life of its own

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I saw this over on the"Here's what i saw today" thread... I'm takin no credit for it btw, just thought ye might like to see.. This a good one:D
    http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u142/conneem/MhS5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

I SAW this yesterday on Lord Edward St....nothing special - check out the reg though!
    1635624418_ec96f63da3_b.jpg

Couldnt help laughing when I seen it. The driver was an old dude and he seen me taking the photo!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Dunno if this has been posted before, but I saw 01 D 10101 in Co. Waterford recently. Can't upload a photo from my phone at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

DOH.jpg

Shouldn't that be DOH! :D

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

A few Scoobies

rb320f.jpg

rb320r.jpg

subaru555.jpg

• Advertisement

A few more

s3.jpg

legacyf555.jpg

rover75a.jpg

lyod.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

Silvera wrote: »
    I'd lay odds on it that it was a Polish/Latvian/Lithiuanian/Estonian reg plate.

As I said, they use a system that (legitimately!) replicates old Irish plates.

What are the chances of eg. Hungarian FZU 567 and an irish FZU 567 being used on the roads here at the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

G Luxel wrote: »
    What are the chances of eg. Hungarian FZU 567 and an irish FZU 567 being used on the roads here at the same time?

It's always possible, but the letter used in many of the East European countries is clearly different to what was in use her pre-87, plus there are fewer and fewer such cars on our raods now that we're nearly 21 years on from the change to the current registration system

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Thats where your 'IRL' 'EST''PL' country reg comes into play.
    If they (foreign cars) dont have the current blue Euro flag with country code then they must have the large white oval with country code displayed instead,its a legal requirement.

a few more

mini11111.jpg

q7.jpg

scooby3555.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

hi5 wrote: »
    Thats where your 'IRL' 'EST''PL' country reg comes into play.
    If they (foreign cars) dont have the current blue Euro flag with country code then they must have the large white oval with country code displayed instead,its a legal requirement.

... whenever they are outside of their native country

• Registered Users Posts: 24,958 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I was think the same thing in Co Donegal on Friday when I spotted a BZP *** registration. It was on a foreign car but BZP would have been a Donegal registration in the late 1950s(?).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

I saw an yellow reg M5 on the way to work this evening, pics I got were all blurred unfortunately. It was M5 6TKO.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Doolittle51

The reg didn't come out too well in the photo but it's: CP05GAR.

I've seen a few other trucks from the same company with different variations. i.e CR05GAR and CO55GAR or something similar.

• Advertisement

tt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭sirrah

http://search.msn.ie/images/results.aspx?q=alec+issigonis&go=Search+Images&form=QBIR#focal=5e1399743ca9b71b7d027b785673bd36&furl=http://www2.uol.com.br/bestcars/carros/outros/mini/alec-issigonis.jpg
    It's the 1st one off the line, I think?
    Knew of a guy who had a Morris Minor BLI 470 & when it changed around years later had a Ford Sierrra with 470 BLI

Some Alfas

Image032alfa156.jpg

Image03402ky147.jpg

Some Bmw

Image048bmw530.jpg

Image049bmw530d.jpg

And the last few for now

Image042s320.jpg

Image030999.jpg

Here's another

volvov70.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Alfie1 wrote: »
    Image030999.jpg

You into your rallying? If I'm not mistaken, that comes complete with flashing lights and flashing "ACCIDENT" signs... Usually seen beside a bright yellow Rescue unit, a pair of ambulances and a towtruck!

Fey! wrote: »
    You into your rallying? If I'm not mistaken, that comes complete with flashing lights and flashing "ACCIDENT" signs... Usually seen beside a bright yellow Rescue unit, a pair of ambulances and a towtruck!

Yah, was driving out from the Mullaghmore stage of Rally Ireland behind this ( handy sweeper car :D ) I think there were a fair few more rescue units in front of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭tech

Saw this today :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Hazzer2k8

I saw an Audi R8 on the m1 and the number plate was R8 VS U. No picture though.:(:(:(

Advertisement