Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

47" Philips LCD €500 in Tescos from Monday 24th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭walshki

spongbob wrote: »
    was any of the branches open today??

Not according to the ads in the papers. Open tomorrow (Easter Monday) as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

I dont understand the point of buying a TV for normal price when there is deals out there. I mean the idea of €500 of vouchers is a great idea but when you cant spend it as you like + you have to wait 2 months for the vouchers??? screw that

I can go to Aldi or go online and get a good deal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

I know this has been asked a few times in the topic but when are Tescos opening tomorrow; 8am or 10am tomorrow. Seems some in Dublin are definitely opening at 8am but what about the smaller ones (I'm thinking Killarney/Tralee)?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭pommers

I dont understand the point of buying a TV for normal price when there is deals out there. I mean the idea of €500 of vouchers is a great idea but when you cant spend it as you like + you have to wait 2 months for the vouchers??? screw that

I can go to Aldi or go online and get a good deal

there is a choice of what you can spend your vouchers on, for eg:hotels and book for a couple of months time and ya stay for free great deals great hotels, its what we have done before:D

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ninty

Just back from Clarehall and no philips tv's left out on shopfloor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Clearwater had two 42" philips out on the floor. Was there before the door opened but 20 odd people in front of me. Staff eventually wheeled out some 42" Bushes and said they had no more philips - Bait and Switch anyone? Is that illegal here?

C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Phibsboro wrote: »
    Clearwater had two 42" philips out on the floor. Was there before the door opened but 20 odd people in front of me. Staff eventually wheeled out some 42" Bushes and said they had no more philips - Bait and Switch anyone? Is that illegal here?

C

There is definetly something fishy going on here ,didn't someone mention that there was loads of tv's put out on display ,earlier in the thread ??

Someone has been told porkies:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

They had a few pallets of 32" Philips out, but nobody wanted the 32" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Phibsboro wrote: »
    They had a few pallets of 32" Philips out, but nobody wanted the 32" :)

Any idea of how much Phibsboro?

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

lots in tesco galway no queue got a 42 phillips for attic and 160 gb ipod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭jonno23

Just back from Greystones branch, picked up a Mirai. They'd 2 more on shop floor, but according to staff they'd loads out back. The 32 Philips is E699, less 50% back in vouchers. They'd loads of Bush / Goodmans tvs there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Is the Mirai ones being put out on display. Are they the ones that everyone was raving about last year as being excellent quality for the price?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Anan

Was in Dundrum tesco this morning. This one opened at 8:00 A.M. where most of the others ( Tallaght, Rathfarnham, Nutgrove) were only opened at 9:00 A.M. The guy in the store said there is plenty of lcd tvs and everybody will get one. There was nobody at about 7:30 and when it was 8:00 there were about 15 people. At about 8:45, there were quite a few 32" Philips LCDs, plenty of DVD recorders, about six 40" Bush LCDs and eight 47" Goodman LCDs left.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭pommers

my hubby is in tesco Lisduggan in waterford and they have loads of everything nobody there,only opened at 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

How much are the 160GB Ipods? Are ALL Tv's 50% back or just the few mentioned above? Are the bush ones still 50% back like? What's the CHEAPEST Tv available?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Amigaman

Lucan have no philips left and about 4 Bush 42 inch left @899 and a good few 32" ...anybody got any info on the Bush 42 inch model number bush lcdtv025hd I cant find any specs...apearently they only had 6 philips to start with

Artane castle has no philips left either, best bargain seems to be the philips 47". Was €1699, 25% discount at till leaving it €1274. 50% back on points €637. This is a total discount of €1062.Not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭viv.ie

Five 42inch Philips in Bray at 08.00am gone in 30 seconds! About a dozen 32 inch Philips ,did anyone manage to buy the 47inch Philips for 500euro!"That was the only one I was interested in as it had a Freeview Tuner.

Got one in clarehall (all 7 gone in seconds) but it works out at €637 net unless they take the 50% off original price, where did it say officially they were only €500 .

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

How much are the 32inches? Are the 160GB's ipods 50% off too? How much are they before/after the discount? Anyone been to Ballybrack yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

ninty wrote: »
    Got one in clarehall (all 7 gone in seconds) but it works out at €637 net unless they take the 50% off original price, where did it say officially they were only €500 .

They were there for a good Twenty Minutes, I got mine at 10 past 8 and there were still a few left. , The phillips 42" went pretty quickly.

Re Ipods there were no 160 GB in Clare hall only nano's 8 gb being the largest I saw.

galway ipod 160gb black or silver 350 less 50%( works out at 175 euro) apple.ie 329 same model. lots at 9.15, nano 8 gb new model 199, various colours slightly dearer then apple but with discount vouchers good deal

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭KNO3

Lots of stuff left up in the Square Tallaght as of one hour ago 11am, seemed to be plenty of 40" 42" and 47" Tvs, lots of other items as well DVD players etc only a few bush and Philips 32" tvs left when I was leaving.

I picked up a 32" Mirai for €499, 14 inch Cello with built in DVD player for €199 and a Goodmans 80gig DVD recorder for €149.99, not the best deal on the DVD recorder but still not to bad, all 50% back with clubcard vouchers.

Paid €847.99 cash, so with vouchers back total bill for all 3 items €424, delighted with that, thanks a million OP for the heads up, brilliant deal, I had no intention of spending any money today until I saw this thread last night:D not complaining mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

Is this offer for today only or is it on all week?

red_fox wrote: »
    Is this offer for today only or is it on all week?

just today, get busy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Lots of stock in Tesco Dundalk (old shopping centre), no 47" philips but loads of 32" and plenty of the goodmans/bush/daewoo 42" models.
    They also had Wiis (was semi-tempted)...only about 10 people milling round the shop at 12pm...stock certainly wasn't walking out the door...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

Tesco Tralee: Very quiet at 10.30am, no Ipods but plenty TVs.
    Tesco Killarney: TVs walking out the door at 11am but they still had a decent selection left including the much discussed Philips. Also plenty Ipod Shuffles and 8GB Nanos left, no Touches (which I had been looking for).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭alias123

Managed to pick up last 32" philips in luan tesco ,they had other brands still in stock an hour ago. Does anyone know best place to pick up a wall mount bracket? would power city be cheapest place? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Wertz wrote: »
    They also had Wiis (was semi-tempted)...only about 10 people milling round the shop at 12pm...stock certainly wasn't walking out the door...

In the small print at the bottom of the newspaper adverts for todays offer it said game consoles were not included in the offer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

The Muppet wrote: »
    In the small print at the bottom of the newspaper adverts for todays offer it said game consoles were not included in the offer.

Yes but the 30% off gaming offer still stands (until 25th Mar)...no point in posting in two threads...

Advertisement