Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

47" Philips LCD €500 in Tescos from Monday 24th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

What is Tesco's returns policy like if you get buyer's remorse after buying one of these?
    Or, more specifically, if you buy one and discover afterwards that it's not as good a tv as you hoped it was?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

DeepBlue wrote: »
    What is Tesco's returns policy like if you get buyer's remorse after buying one of these?
    Or, more specifically, if you buy one and discover afterwards that it's not as good a tv as you hoped it was?

Are you talking hypothetically?

Or has this actually happened to you?

If it has, what do you not like about the set?

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 43,794 ✭✭✭✭Basq

No Philips in Sligo at 1.30PM today either.. only Goodman's 37".

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

For today only,if you Buy a TV in Tesco you get Half the Money back on your Clubcard.So you will get half back in Vouchers next Month.Not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Already a 5 page thread on the subject. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,796 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Is there a limit to how much the vouchers can be used for 4x their value for irishferries does anyone know? Like if I buy a tv for 500 and get 250 worth of vouchers, can I get 1K worth of Irish ferry vouchers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Are you talking hypothetically?

Or has this actually happened to you?

If it has, what do you not like about the set?

-

Just speaking hypothetically.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Tesco, Arthurs Quay in Limerick still had plenty of TV's displayed today. Managed to score the last Nintendo Wii they had though.... Shelf sticker said 30% back but the girl on checkout said they are going for 50% back... guess i'll just have to wait and see... delighted with my bargain either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

We got a 32" Mirai and its pretty good and we also got a 19" Bush tv/dvd combi but imo the sound is not great. Anyone else get one of them and think the same.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭wanabe

I got a 47" this morning in Tralee for my parents!! sweet deal. up and running, great looking t.v!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭filo87

BFassassin, we got the same two tvs.The sound is a bit strange in the Bush alright.I think it's because the speakers are at the bottom of the screen:confused:It's not too bad though and the picture quality is excellent so it's well worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,465 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ROVER

Picked up a 7" Portable DVD Player HANS.G €99 and 50% back. Quality is ok will do for the kids in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Yeah the sound is a bit strange. We got it for the kitchen and the volume needs to be turned up full nearly to hear it basically. Its good value though so we will see what its like after a few days use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

Personally in the end I was looking around and I went to a few places (DID, Harvey Norman, Tesco, etc) on my way home I popped into Power City for the laugh (as normally they are terrible) and came across a great deal

42PFL5322/10 for €769 so I bought it.

Apperantly they reduced the price at about 2pm and I popped in about 10 mins before closing time and saw it.
    Funny, I was just supposed to be out looking and I ended up with a TV :)
    It gets delivered tomorrow so I'll let you know what it looks like if anyone is interested

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

ninty wrote: »
    Got one in clarehall (all 7 gone in seconds) but it works out at €637 net unless they take the 50% off original price, where did it say officially they were only €500 .

It'd didn't unfortunately, thats what I as told over the phone "50% discount" was the quote, not 50% off; and the person I was speaking to is a Tescos employee and (in her head) had already taken off her staff discount of 10% as well, putting it somewhere around the €500+ mark (but €500 is a much easier number to convince yourself with.. ;) ) - apologies to all for the misleading title :o

Anyhoo, was in Tesco Midleton about 12:30 ish, all 5 47" were gone since ealy that morning, plenty of other stuff left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

My brother got one of the 47inch tv's at 2pm in Castlebar, there was still one left after he bought his.

Why am always working when there's a sale on!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Spocker wrote: »
    apologies to all for the misleading title :o

It was good notice to have ,thanks for posting about it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

in before the lock!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

got a goodmans dvd recorder with HDMI output - priced €129.99 25% off paid €97.49

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,862 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I was in the Letterkenny branch of Tescos around 8 o'clock and they had loads of TVs etc. The 50% off signs werent really jumping out at you - in fact they were quite small. A lot of people must have been unaware of the offer.

I think one of the best bargains was the 32" Maira (sp?) for €499 making it approx €250 after deducting the value of the vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

got a goodmans dvd recorder with HDMI output - priced €129.99 25% off paid €97.49

and you get 50% rebate in clubcard vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,794 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Merged with existing thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,795 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

got the last Mirai 32" in Greystones yesterday afternoon. Also in-car DVD system and mini-stereo.

so thats my budget for the month completely f**ked, but the vouchers will pay for a substantial chunk of next years holiday (assuming the Irish Ferries deal remains valid). Many thanks to the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭kindalen

got the mirai 32", class for the price.only thing is the sleep timer(although there is a button for it on remote) does not work on this model.

all going well will use vouchers(x4) for a trip to france. any idea how long before vouchers actually due?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,795 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

you'll get them in the May clubcard mailing. You then have to exchange them for Deal tokens if you want to use them on Irish Ferries

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭kindalen

cool,still seems to good to be true,a 32" mirai tv and €1000 worth of vouchers for irish ferries.....for €500....and i actually was getting both anyways..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭daheff

DeepBlue wrote: »

I got a 32" phillips...but not 100% happy with it. whats the deal with returning it?

or should i just sell it on buy and sell?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

why are you not happy?

If there is a fault with it you are entiteled to a refund within 28days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭daheff

its not a fault.

TV is a bit too big for my sitting room...plus the picture quality isnt always as good as my old tv (crt !)

Advertisement