Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The PI forum

• 06-11-2007 5:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,051 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Just a quick survey that didnt seem appropriate to bother the actual forum itself: How many boardsies have at one point or another, or frequently, visit the PI thread for advice or simply to give advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭kev_s88

tbh ive never gone to give or receive advice!!

i go simply to ead other peoples problems. it makes me realise that things aint so bad and that life could be worse for the rest of us!!!

really makes me feel better about myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I'd say I've been to the forum maybe 5 times since I joined the site. Never posted, never started a thread, not even anonymously. It's just one of those forums on here that I don't really bother with...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

me for both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Can I just take a moment to say that if you visit the PI forum today and post there after reading this thread, please take the time to heed our rules and charter over there.

Due to the sensitive nature of some of the issues being discussed, we ask people to post in a mature and sensible fashion and to stay on topic in threads.

I hope that we might get a few new posters.

dudara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭l3LoWnA

Yep - I'm often over there! I have a genuine interest in people and their problems! I don't really understand why this thread was started in AH though! What's the point?

Like, how many of you lot post in the business/music section?! Who cares!!

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I like to read it in bed on a Sunday morning before Jeeves brings me my coffee and newspapers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I give and give :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I like to read it for some giggles at work. Some of that stuff is grade A "Jerry Springer".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

I post advice if I can give it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

I am an avid reader of the PI forum. However, I often find it funny when someone makes an outrageously inappropriate comments. I think it is a bit like a kamikaze mission because the posters surely know that once the mods spot them they are in for a certain ban. Perhaps it is just the thrill of knowing it is up there for a while.

Of course, I wouls stress that PI is a serious forum for helping people and even though I find it funny, unhelpful posts are not considered to be cricket.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I also post advice if I can. I know some people think it's funny that people post their problems online but i know what it's like to be worried or upset about something. it's reassuring to get advice from people, especially if they don't know the people/situation. It's like objective impartial advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

I thought this thread was about pi (3.14) :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

I have posted there anon once or twice, and i have given some advice..when i can.
    I do go in there everyday...but some of the threads make me feel very insecure..like the ones like "with my boyfriend for 5+ yrs and he has cheated on me, totally shocked, never saw it coming etc.."..i would hate to think i would be in that situation at some stage...i used to watch "cheaters" on tv too, but i stopped watching that too cos i would end up ringing my boyfriend and doubt everything he was telling me, like what he was doing, or where he went that day...stupid i know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

blubloblu wrote: »

Mmmmm, pi.

blubloblu wrote: »

FYP*

*Fixed your Pi

Giblet: FYTB*

*Fixed your Table Breaking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Just had a skim through some of the threads in PI. Now I know where the tabloids get their Agony Aunt stories.

TJ911...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I've lurked there a few times but I've never posted. I'm sure some day I'll be able to offer someone advice over there though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,190 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

As far as I can remember, I've never posted, either to give advice or seek it.

It's quite apt that pi should be full of irrationality. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Just to update my last..... I've just gone through a lot of the posts in the PI Forum and if I could offer advice to the majority of posters there (not all) it would be, get a life, look around you and look at other people who are in a far worse position than you. You need a good boot in the rear.

I guess I won't be getting a Mods position in there then. Sometimes the truth hurts.....

TJ911...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,798 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I offer advice there occasionally. There's been many a time that I've had to hold my tongue though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Wertz wrote: »
    I'd say I've been to the forum maybe 5 times since I joined the site. Never posted, never started a thread, not even anonymously. It's just one of those forums on here that I don't really bother with...
    You have posted once this year and once last year.
    I've lurked there a few times but I've never posted. I'm sure some day I'll be able to offer someone advice over there though.
    You have posted once, two months ago.
    Slow coach wrote: »
    As far as I can remember, I've never posted, either to give advice or seek it.

It's quite apt that pi should be full of irrationality. :cool:
    You have posted 7 times this year.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Gordon wrote: »
    You have posted once, two months ago.

I forgot about that thread. Really made me laugh. Cheers Gordon. :)

Gordon wrote: »
    You [me] have posted 7 times this year.

Thanks for that. Do you work for the CIA? I've started brain training, so my memory should improve, hopefully. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You all think that Ruu is a supermod? Watch Gordon in action and be amazed...

Slow coach wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Do you work for the CIA? I've started brain training, so my memory should improve, hopefully. :o

Just do a search of your own posts in PI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

dudara wrote: »
    You all think that Ruu is a supermod? Watch Gordon in action and be amazed...
    Marry me.

Just do a search of your own posts in PI.

Yeah, I did. The original was just off the top of my head. Last post was June!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭David Michael

Interesting forum that. Must have a good nosey.

Big place this boards.ie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

dudara wrote: »

Due to the sensitive nature of some of the issues being discussed, we ask people to post in a mature and sensible fashion and to stay on topic in threads.

I hope that we might get a few new posters.

dudara

about 5% of the issues require sensitivity, because they are actually issues.

To be honest I read it less frequently than I used to as it's turned into a teen issue forum. No where near as interesting as it used to be.

• Advertisement

Hmm, news to me, must have got hacked...twice ¬¬
    So how do I search PI? It's not on the forum field list where it should be...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

I recall months back, one poster got a warning for a comment.
    His apology was: oops sorry, i have just come from posting in AH :)

There are some very common issues in there actually, but only occasionally do we get feedback that something helped, but we do get it.

Most of the time while its not an issue for a lot of people it is for the OP. so trivial or not, its worth taking a little thought.

Hmm, news to me, must have got hacked...twice ¬¬
    So how do I search PI? It's not on the forum field list where it should be...

It should be it's under the soc category.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

krazy_8s wrote: »
    I like to read it for some giggles at work. Some of that stuff is grade A "Jerry Springer".

me too, i read them out loud to the office, the best give ever was by some girl who was really upset that her boyfriend could make her cum in 15 seconds. that boy is my hero :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I've posted there twice, both in a thread about football :)

I would post there more often, but most of the stuff their is relationship related, and I've never actually been in a relationship so wouldn't exactly be much help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

irishbird wrote: »
    the best give ever was by some girl who was really upset that her boyfriend could make her cum in 15 seconds. that boy is my hero :D

I remember that one. It would have beenn off topic of me though to tell her how she could achieve five minute long ones and then how to make them multiples lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

krazy_8s wrote: »

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I post advice if I think it might be of any use. Or even just to sympathise with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Post in there fairly often and asked for advise a few years ago.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I read it occasionally as a prurient trawl through other peoples misery. As for the advice given, some of it comes from people who have all the given credibility in that field as Fred West has in the field of patio construction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Robbo wrote: »
    I read it occasionally as a prurient trawl through other peoples misery. As for the advice given, some of it comes from people who have all the given credibility in that field as Fred West has in the field of patio construction.

+1

I was re-introduced to boards ages back by someone forwarding me on a link to PI with the words "it's comedy gold" in the header.

And i think i have to agree.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,335 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Shared a few opinions on occasion, but never OP'd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭coolhandc

l3LoWnA wrote: »
    Yep - I'm often over there! I have a genuine interest in people and their problems! I don't really understand why this thread was started in AH though! What's the point?

Like, how many of you lot post in the business/music section?! Who cares!!

:D

lol.couldnt agree more!

Marksie wrote: »
    I remember that one. It would have beenn off topic of me though to tell her how she could achieve five minute long ones and then how to make them multiples lol

5 min long ones, eh...

also, I post in there often enough to give advice
    never ask in there though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I read and post for the laugh. It passes the time when I'm bored in work.

It never fails to shock and amaze me when you occasionally get the: I'm an adult of 40 odd years of age married for 20. What do you, the locals of an internet site who know nothing about the situation bar the limited information I posted, think I should do about my marriage problems....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

I read and post for the laugh. It passes the time when I'm bored in work.

It never fails to shock and amaze me when you occasionally get the: I'm an adult of 40 odd years of age married for 20. What do you, the locals of an internet site who know nothing about the situation bar the limited information I posted, think I should do about my marriage problems....

In your case I think you should dump the beatch!

I read the threads soemtimes offer very limited answers and hastily leave.

I can see the potential positives of it but I dont really see any reason why I would look there for an answer to any potential personal problems I might have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

sometimes its a vise for venting.
    other times its because you know no one that you feel happy to talk with

Should be but ain't.
    Oh well I guess I'll never glance those two particular pearls of wisdom I had to offer.
    lol personal advice from me; if you didn't have problems before, you do now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Ain't there for me either :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Should be but ain't.
    Oh well I guess I'll never glance those two particular pearls of wisdom I had to offer.
    lol personal advice from me; if you didn't have problems before, you do now...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=52858842#post52858842
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=51430141#post51430141

I've posted there 14 times. (Yes, I searched).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I was the one with the erotic fishfinger fantasy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement