Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PI forum

Options
  • 06-11-2007 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81,925 ✭✭✭✭

Just a quick survey that didnt seem appropriate to bother the actual forum itself: How many boardsies have at one point or another, or frequently, visit the PI thread for advice or simply to give advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

tbh ive never gone to give or receive advice!!

i go simply to ead other peoples problems. it makes me realise that things aint so bad and that life could be worse for the rest of us!!!

really makes me feel better about myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I'd say I've been to the forum maybe 5 times since I joined the site. Never posted, never started a thread, not even anonymously. It's just one of those forums on here that I don't really bother with...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

me for both

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Can I just take a moment to say that if you visit the PI forum today and post there after reading this thread, please take the time to heed our rules and charter over there.

Due to the sensitive nature of some of the issues being discussed, we ask people to post in a mature and sensible fashion and to stay on topic in threads.

I hope that we might get a few new posters.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭l3LoWnA

Yep - I'm often over there! I have a genuine interest in people and their problems! I don't really understand why this thread was started in AH though! What's the point?

Like, how many of you lot post in the business/music section?! Who cares!!

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I like to read it in bed on a Sunday morning before Jeeves brings me my coffee and newspapers.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I give and give :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I like to read it for some giggles at work. Some of that stuff is grade A "Jerry Springer".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

I post advice if I can give it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

I am an avid reader of the PI forum. However, I often find it funny when someone makes an outrageously inappropriate comments. I think it is a bit like a kamikaze mission because the posters surely know that once the mods spot them they are in for a certain ban. Perhaps it is just the thrill of knowing it is up there for a while.

Of course, I wouls stress that PI is a serious forum for helping people and even though I find it funny, unhelpful posts are not considered to be cricket.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I also post advice if I can. I know some people think it's funny that people post their problems online but i know what it's like to be worried or upset about something. it's reassuring to get advice from people, especially if they don't know the people/situation. It's like objective impartial advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

I thought this thread was about pi (3.14) :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

I have posted there anon once or twice, and i have given some advice..when i can.
    I do go in there everyday...but some of the threads make me feel very insecure..like the ones like "with my boyfriend for 5+ yrs and he has cheated on me, totally shocked, never saw it coming etc.."..i would hate to think i would be in that situation at some stage...i used to watch "cheaters" on tv too, but i stopped watching that too cos i would end up ringing my boyfriend and doubt everything he was telling me, like what he was doing, or where he went that day...stupid i know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

blubloblu wrote: »

Mmmmm, pi.

blubloblu wrote: »

FYP*

*Fixed your Pi

Giblet: FYTB*

*Fixed your Table Breaking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Just had a skim through some of the threads in PI. Now I know where the tabloids get their Agony Aunt stories.

TJ911...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I've lurked there a few times but I've never posted. I'm sure some day I'll be able to offer someone advice over there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

As far as I can remember, I've never posted, either to give advice or seek it.

It's quite apt that pi should be full of irrationality. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Just to update my last..... I've just gone through a lot of the posts in the PI Forum and if I could offer advice to the majority of posters there (not all) it would be, get a life, look around you and look at other people who are in a far worse position than you. You need a good boot in the rear.

I guess I won't be getting a Mods position in there then. Sometimes the truth hurts.....

TJ911...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,755 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I offer advice there occasionally. There's been many a time that I've had to hold my tongue though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Wertz wrote: »
    I'd say I've been to the forum maybe 5 times since I joined the site. Never posted, never started a thread, not even anonymously. It's just one of those forums on here that I don't really bother with...
    You have posted once this year and once last year.
    I've lurked there a few times but I've never posted. I'm sure some day I'll be able to offer someone advice over there though.
    You have posted once, two months ago.
    Slow coach wrote: »
    As far as I can remember, I've never posted, either to give advice or seek it.

It's quite apt that pi should be full of irrationality. :cool:
    You have posted 7 times this year.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Gordon wrote: »
    You have posted once, two months ago.

I forgot about that thread. Really made me laugh. Cheers Gordon. :)

Gordon wrote: »
    You [me] have posted 7 times this year.

Thanks for that. Do you work for the CIA? I've started brain training, so my memory should improve, hopefully. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You all think that Ruu is a supermod? Watch Gordon in action and be amazed...

Slow coach wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Do you work for the CIA? I've started brain training, so my memory should improve, hopefully. :o

Just do a search of your own posts in PI.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

dudara wrote: »
    You all think that Ruu is a supermod? Watch Gordon in action and be amazed...
    Marry me.

Just do a search of your own posts in PI.

Yeah, I did. The original was just off the top of my head. Last post was June!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭David Michael

Interesting forum that. Must have a good nosey.

Big place this boards.ie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

dudara wrote: »

Due to the sensitive nature of some of the issues being discussed, we ask people to post in a mature and sensible fashion and to stay on topic in threads.

I hope that we might get a few new posters.

dudara

about 5% of the issues require sensitivity, because they are actually issues.

To be honest I read it less frequently than I used to as it's turned into a teen issue forum. No where near as interesting as it used to be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Hmm, news to me, must have got hacked...twice ¬¬
    So how do I search PI? It's not on the forum field list where it should be...

Advertisement