Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PI forum

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

I recall months back, one poster got a warning for a comment.
    His apology was: oops sorry, i have just come from posting in AH :)

There are some very common issues in there actually, but only occasionally do we get feedback that something helped, but we do get it.

Most of the time while its not an issue for a lot of people it is for the OP. so trivial or not, its worth taking a little thought.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Wertz wrote: »
    Hmm, news to me, must have got hacked...twice ¬¬
    So how do I search PI? It's not on the forum field list where it should be...

It should be it's under the soc category.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

krazy_8s wrote: »
    I like to read it for some giggles at work. Some of that stuff is grade A "Jerry Springer".

me too, i read them out loud to the office, the best give ever was by some girl who was really upset that her boyfriend could make her cum in 15 seconds. that boy is my hero :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I've posted there twice, both in a thread about football :)

I would post there more often, but most of the stuff their is relationship related, and I've never actually been in a relationship so wouldn't exactly be much help.

irishbird wrote: »
    the best give ever was by some girl who was really upset that her boyfriend could make her cum in 15 seconds. that boy is my hero :D

I remember that one. It would have beenn off topic of me though to tell her how she could achieve five minute long ones and then how to make them multiples lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

krazy_8s wrote: »
    I like to read it for some giggles at work. Some of that stuff is grade A "Jerry Springer".

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I post advice if I think it might be of any use. Or even just to sympathise with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Post in there fairly often and asked for advise a few years ago.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I read it occasionally as a prurient trawl through other peoples misery. As for the advice given, some of it comes from people who have all the given credibility in that field as Fred West has in the field of patio construction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Robbo wrote: »
    I read it occasionally as a prurient trawl through other peoples misery. As for the advice given, some of it comes from people who have all the given credibility in that field as Fred West has in the field of patio construction.

+1

I was re-introduced to boards ages back by someone forwarding me on a link to PI with the words "it's comedy gold" in the header.

And i think i have to agree.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Shared a few opinions on occasion, but never OP'd.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭coolhandc

l3LoWnA wrote: »
    Yep - I'm often over there! I have a genuine interest in people and their problems! I don't really understand why this thread was started in AH though! What's the point?

Like, how many of you lot post in the business/music section?! Who cares!!

:D

lol.couldnt agree more!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Marksie wrote: »
    I remember that one. It would have beenn off topic of me though to tell her how she could achieve five minute long ones and then how to make them multiples lol

5 min long ones, eh...

also, I post in there often enough to give advice
    never ask in there though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I read and post for the laugh. It passes the time when I'm bored in work.

It never fails to shock and amaze me when you occasionally get the: I'm an adult of 40 odd years of age married for 20. What do you, the locals of an internet site who know nothing about the situation bar the limited information I posted, think I should do about my marriage problems....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

I read and post for the laugh. It passes the time when I'm bored in work.

It never fails to shock and amaze me when you occasionally get the: I'm an adult of 40 odd years of age married for 20. What do you, the locals of an internet site who know nothing about the situation bar the limited information I posted, think I should do about my marriage problems....

In your case I think you should dump the beatch!

I read the threads soemtimes offer very limited answers and hastily leave.

I can see the potential positives of it but I dont really see any reason why I would look there for an answer to any potential personal problems I might have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

sometimes its a vise for venting.
    other times its because you know no one that you feel happy to talk with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Should be but ain't.
    Oh well I guess I'll never glance those two particular pearls of wisdom I had to offer.
    lol personal advice from me; if you didn't have problems before, you do now...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Ain't there for me either :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Wertz wrote: »
    Should be but ain't.
    Oh well I guess I'll never glance those two particular pearls of wisdom I had to offer.
    lol personal advice from me; if you didn't have problems before, you do now...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=52858842#post52858842
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=51430141#post51430141

I've posted there 14 times. (Yes, I searched).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I was the one with the erotic fishfinger fantasy.

• Advertisement

Both smart arse one liners...there's a surprise.

*goes off to post in PI about increasing lack of originality*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭eddiehobbs

I've lurked there a few times but I've never posted. I'm sure some day I'll be able to offer someone advice over there though.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055149898

Technically you have :)

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

It's great for passing the time in work. I've made a couple of replies there, but not in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Gordon wrote: »
    Marry me.

<3

bluewolf wrote: »
    5 min long ones, eh...

also, I post in there often enough to give advice
    never ask in there though

Yah its quite simple really, nothing too metaphysical, breathing sound and movement.

I friend actually came when we were doing the dynamic meditation. We were juts brethaing rapidly into the chakras, not even touching and boom off she went.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Marksie wrote: »
    Yah its quite simple really, nothing too metaphysical, breathing sound and movement.

I friend actually came when we were doing the dynamic meditation. We were juts brethaing rapidly into the chakras, not even touching and boom off she went.

I have actually tried doing breathing stuff during - it made a difference but I haven't tried it much yet

...okayyy enough OT stuff

PI is great, yeah...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭TheJoker

Wibbs is the man! ...or woman. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I think there are people who post on PI that give excellent advice. I posted an anonymous thread one time about some rough stuff I was going through and the replies made me feel INFINITELY better.

I give advice on it often enough.

I don't think any replies are useless or uninformed (apart from the trolling ones). Those who are genuine seem to put a lot of thought and trouble into their answers. Generally, people won't reply unless they know what they're talking about. I'm very selective and careful about the threads on which I post replies. And of course it’s heavily moderated for any inappropriate advice, however well intentioned.

This mindset of "it's not a real problem, take a look around you, think of the starving children in x country" is crap. If a problem is a problem, then it needs to be looked at in context. It's all relative.

The idiots who treat it like After Hours can be very trying - someone suggested they just post useless, unfunny crap for the thrill. I'd say some of them don't even bother reading the charter and assume any forum on Boards is fair game. Awful ignorance. It must be so difficult to be a Personal Issues mod.

Gordon wrote: »
    You have posted once this year and once last year.

Seems upon more digging that those threads were moved from AH after I posted, well definitely the condom one and I'm pretty sure that the only reason the other one is locked is because there was too much AH-ness in it before it was moved and it didn't work on the PI board, even though it was a PI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

From the title of this thread, I thought we had a private investigator forum:D

Advertisement